Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

2008 Bentley GT Speed Pix

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 10:25 PM
SuperVixen is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mkell
The reason it sits high is because the suspension setting is on the raised height selection. Just turn the **** and it will be all better.
Exactly... there is an adjustable suspension that automatically lowers with speed, or you can manually do it. It's raised because all the driveways at my work are steep. The first time I brought my car in and went out the wrong exit I scratched all of the bottom of my Elise.

Old 11-11-2007, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by Bentley
The vehicle was trucked in from Auburn Hills. This model is not to be released to the American public until next month.
It has been lowered about an inch from the BGT. It would seem that the engineers involved in the Speed Project would have sufficient technical data for support of their decision on the correct height for optimum performance [especially at very high speed].

Is your name Dana?

Old 11-11-2007, 01:57 PM
Responsible user
Bronto will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by SuperVixen
by the...

oh yeah right..

saw one at a carshow this weekend, it looks very similar to the old one, but the new rims are tight.

Old 11-12-2007, 06:45 AM
Bentley is on a distinguished road
No, It is Bentley.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:36 AM
Here are some sweet pix I found online. I love the interior. Yum!

Old 11-14-2007, 07:04 AM
Banned
JADE46 is on a distinguished road
nice combo

Old 11-14-2007, 07:44 AM
Bentley is on a distinguished road
Los Angeles Times "Speed" Review

The Los Angeles Times today [14 November] has a Dan Neil review of the Speed. It incorporates a video also. Mr. Neil will edify the masses about this E & E vehicle.

Old 11-17-2007, 09:28 AM
Lambo4Ever is on a distinguished road
I wanna see this GT in White

Old 11-17-2007, 04:19 PM
Dan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud ofDan98 has much to be proud of
I wanna see another steering wheel on it

Old 11-17-2007, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by Dan98
I wanna see another steering wheel on it

The standard GT wheel is available as an option on the Speed. I think I actually ordered one of my first ones that way for someone that wanted a classier, less sporty look.

Old 11-18-2007, 11:33 PM
MrTheKid is on a distinguished road
That thing is a cinder block!

Old 11-19-2007, 07:33 AM
DanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to beholdDanWeber is a splendid one to behold
Very nice

Old 11-20-2007, 09:48 AM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
nice.

Old 11-21-2007, 08:57 AM
squid is an unknown quantity at this point
Building a better Bentley

Fortune's Sue Zesiger Callaway was devoted to her Bentley Continental GT. Till she met its slimmer, sleeker new cousin.

(Fortune Magazine) -- Good relationships run on honesty, so it is high time I tell you the truth. For all the vehicular pleasures I have shared with you, dear reader, the one I have not is what I drive daily. The answer is ... a Bentley Continental GT.
Lest you think Fortune overpays me, know two facts: First, I bought it used. Second, in my priorities book, the best-spent bucks are on wheels -- meaning I'd sleep in a shack to drive a great car.
And that's what the Continental GT is. In fact, it is the greatest car I have ever owned. The GT is a rare, multitalented delight; it is all things to all me's. Sue the racer digs deep into its 552-horsepower W12 engine.
Sue the professional loves its understated elegance. (How many cars built today are beautiful enough to make even valet parkers jump to attention?) Sue the mother puts two car seats in the back and a double stroller in the trunk. Sue the former Jaguar exec and corgi owner loves the Britishness of its gleaming wood veneers.
Outrageously cool custom cars
Sue the German-car aficionado appreciates that its Audi/VW underpinnings work to perfection (VW Group now owns Bentley). When I want aggressive, the GT thunders forth -- very Daniel Craig. When I want debonair, the GT calms down into suave Jude Law. (For all you blokes, that translates into Elizabeth Hurley and Helen Mirren.) Simply put, the GT is my automotive ne plus ultra.
So imagine my feelings when Bentley announced the arrival of the more powerful, more capable Continental GT Speed. With 600 horsepower and a top end of 202 mph, it's the fastest production Bentley to ever hit the road.
I was driving home from L.A. on the 405 when I first saw it: Hightailing down the highway just ahead of me, it was almost exactly the same color as my beloved, inside and out (a delivery man was on his way to my house to drop it off). As I pulled up alongside, my gut twisted. It was like looking in the mirror -- and seeing yourself ten years younger and ten pounds thinner. Bigger, 20-inch wheels. Carbon-fiber ceramic brakes (the calipers inscribed with "Bentley" shining through the wheel spokes). A more upright and dominant grille. A lower stance.
The situation didn't improve once I stepped inside. The glorious Newmarket Tan leather -- a distinctly Hermès orangey-brown -- was festooned with enough crosshatching to please Coco Chanel herself. The new, more chiseled three-spoke steering wheel felt alarmingly sportier. The drilled aluminum pedals looked quite boss, and even the new Breitling clock seemed spiffier than mine.
Alas, the GT Speed was just as impressive in motion. I have spent thousands of my happiest miles in my GT -- I've often told friends that the car's grace and beauty are what save me from going postal in L.A. traffic. In the Speed, all the grace remains, accented by even more oomph delivered even more quickly and seamlessly.
How to rent highflying wheels
In my car there is a slight lag between squeezing to full throttle and launch; in the Speed, the pause is gone -- there's just immediate, mind-bending, velvety response all the way up to redline. The 553 foot-pounds of torque (a 15% increase over my car's) doesn't hurt. And the carbon ceramic brakes grab like a racecar's without the harshness I have felt in other cars.
The ride itself is still fit for royalty, but thanks to improved suspension and damping, you can drive it even more aggressively without shaking its poise. How does Bentley accomplish that? I could give you pages of technical answers, but suffice it to say it's some expensive magic -- and unlike anything else you've driven.
I was almost afraid to get back into my car. At first, my Saddle interior seemed browner, duller compared with the Speed's. There is no start/stop button, no quilting on the seats. But when I turned her on, the wildly sexy bass note of the W12 thrilled me for the nth time. True, the $200,000 Speed is a step up in every category, but only baby steps.
My "old" girl (which is $176,000 new) can still trounce most other four-seaters on the planet. There's a reason Bentley has sold more GTs than any other car it has ever built, 16,328 to date. I have only one piece of advice: Do not drive one unless you plan to buy one -- it will spoil you for life.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:26 AM
eshaun will become famous soon enougheshaun will become famous soon enough
Stopped in briefly with a colleague from the office for the launch event...Thanks again for the invite! It's much sportier than the regular CGT in person...must be the aggressive bumper and new wheel design with big carbon ceramic discs behind. Bentley might just make a customer out of me yet one of these days

Attached Images      

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2008 Bentley GT Speed Pix