Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Brooklands & Drophead

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 11:30 PM
Former Vendor
AutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to all
Brooklands & Drophead

Had the pleasure of driving both cars on the same day. I had the pleasure of driving the Drop Head to & from Cars & Coffee in Irvine. Top up on the way down & top down on the way back

Drop Head had wind noise on the freeway with the top up. Cup holders, seat controls & everything else tucks away to look nice & neat when not in use. The heater in the low setting warmed me up just enough with the top down in 60 degree weather & wind noise with the windows up is very quiet. Drives very nice & comfortable. Opening the doors takes a little getting used to as gauging what not to hit in the opposite direction was foreign. The feeling of the interior of the car along with the way the car drives is very relaxing.

Brooklands is really peppy with the extra ponies. Didn't like the start button partially because I wasn't expecting that car to have one where it did. The gas door has to swing all the way open to stay in place but the gas button location to the left of the steering wheel makes sense. The steering is very nimble for such a large car. The turbos spool up quick & feels powerful throughout the powerband.

Last edited by AutoTalent2; 12-29-2008 at 11:39 PM.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:57 PM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Which is your fav then?

Old 12-30-2008, 02:34 PM
Former Vendor
AutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to allAutoTalent2 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Speedshaq
Which is your fav then?
Both entirely different cars, if it had to only be 1 car then Brooklands but if there are other cars then the Drop Head.

Wasn't able to see the pictures so here they are below

Attached Images      
Old 12-30-2008, 03:25 PM
alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !
Cool! Thanks for sharing your impressions with us. I think I'd pick the Brooklands as well, at least until the Phantom Coupe hits US shores.

Old 12-30-2008, 04:32 PM
SAFE4NOW has a spectacular aura aboutSAFE4NOW has a spectacular aura aboutSAFE4NOW has a spectacular aura about
Phantom Coupe's are here ( At least we have them in Dallas ) I have never had a camera close when one is driving by.

The star(like) headliner is , uh, different...

S