Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

anyone use a battery charger on their bentley?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 11:53 PM
blitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to behold
Smile anyone use a battery charger on their bentley?

anyone use a battery charger to maintain their battery when they wont be driving their car for a while like over the holidays?

just curious as to whether I should get one or not. just saw it at the dealership.

Old 05-08-2009, 06:23 PM
joekimdds is on a distinguished road
use a battery tender...was told that some of the settings go on default when the level goes down

Old 05-08-2009, 10:41 PM
blitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to beholdblitzo is a splendid one to behold
heh nice, might be a good investment for when i am on long trips. thx

Old 05-09-2009, 09:46 AM
Roofie is on a distinguished road
same, i heard you might need one if u garage it too long

Old 05-10-2009, 08:28 AM
$$$=SPEED is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by blitzo
anyone use a battery charger to maintain their battery when they wont be driving their car for a while like over the holidays?

just curious as to whether I should get one or not. just saw it at the dealership.
All Bentley's come with a factory battery tender affixed to the main battery in the rear truck on the drivers side. All you do is take od the little panel and there is a plug to plug your car into the outlet. Bang good to go. I plug mine in every night if I plan on night driving the next day.

note: At least I was told they all come with one and mine did and it says Bentley on it

Old 05-11-2009, 05:03 AM
Chris@PerformanceOutfitters is on a distinguished road
Yes, a battery tender/ maintainer is a good thing to use when your car will be sitting for extended periods of time. When storing cars we use C-Tek tenders and they do an excellent job keeping the batteries from dying. If your car does not have a tender I would highly recommend a C-Tek.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:40 AM
mine didnt come with one. bentley parts told me that it doesnt typically come with the cars.

also i heard that ctek creates an oem one for bentley and if you buy a ctek you guy the same thing without the additional mark up.

$70 (ctek) vs $225 (bentley)

Old 05-11-2009, 02:08 PM
dealer gave me one free after i got the warranty

Old 05-11-2009, 02:13 PM
lol nice, need to get me one of those. :-)

Old 05-11-2009, 05:34 PM
hehehe, where u located

Old 05-11-2009, 05:47 PM
berkeley, ca heh. there is a bentley dealership over the bridge in sf. i will eventually get around to getting one lol :-)

Old 05-11-2009, 05:48 PM
did u get ur car yet, or its in transit

Old 05-12-2009, 07:11 AM
Chris@PerformanceOutfitters is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by blitzo
mine didnt come with one. bentley parts told me that it doesnt typically come with the cars.

also i heard that ctek creates an oem one for bentley and if you buy a ctek you guy the same thing without the additional mark up.

$70 (ctek) vs $225 (bentley)
C-Tek makes many of the battery tenders for high end companies. I would buy the C-Tek personally.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:28 AM
Former Vendor
PRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant futurePRFCNST has a brilliant future
Buy C-Tek and forget your worries

Old 05-12-2009, 08:02 AM
Jrox is on a distinguished road
I bought the CTek charger - My Bentley tech confirmed it's the same as the OEM without the branding. I went out of town for a quite a while and didn't hook my CG up and when I went to start it, it was bad news. Had to activate the emergency start sequence. Got it running and immediately hooked it up to the CTek. Let it sit overnight and everything was good to go. Now I hook it up as a matter of habit.

The car has (2) batteries so make sure you hook it up to the right one!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: anyone use a battery charger on their bentley?