Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

anyone use a battery charger on their bentley?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 10:29 PM
Michael99 is on a distinguished road
Can anyone help me i just bought the ctek oem battery charger from the dealer and i confuse how to use it, i have the 2008 GT Speed

Old 08-13-2011, 05:01 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Plug the cigarette lighter part into the jack in the trunk on the left side. As i recall, you can see the owners manual online at http://smartercharger.com/wp-content...US-7002_us.pdf

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 08-15-2011 at 04:53 AM.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:09 AM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
I'm surprised at how well my battery is holding up. Sometimes I forget to plug in my C-Tek after 2 weeks, and even so the car starts right away with a good boost.

It was a different story with both the Vanquish and the SL600. They were definitely low after as little as a week, even when the Vanquish had a new 6 month-old battery.

While I know it's not a new battery in the BCGT, I don't know how old it is. Anyone getting a long life like this between charges?

And does it make a big difference if the car is locked while not being used? I read that the alarm sensors take up quite a lot of the battery charge.

Old 08-15-2011, 04:54 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Ken, have had the CGT parked for 12 days and she started right up on her own.

Old 08-15-2011, 05:09 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
Ken, have had the CGT parked for 12 days and she started right up on her own.
Yeah, I think it draws very little from the battery, and having two probably makes the difference.

Old 09-30-2012, 03:35 AM
steenh is on a distinguished road
Ctek xs 7000 charger - Bentley Continental GT

I have tried to connect the Ctek xs 7000 to the 12V outlet in the trunk.
The light starts on 1 and go very fast to 2 and 3. After I went back an hour later it was on the error lamp.
I have also tried this on my Porsche Carrera S and got the same problem.
To charge the battery use the claws direct on the battery.
When you buy the Ctek there is a cable which you can connect direct to the battery and in the future you then connect the cable direct to you Ctek charger.
The charging process with the xs 7000 is app. 7 hours - with the xs 3000 it is almost double.

Old 10-01-2012, 09:44 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Mine worked ok connected in the trunk, but I only used in once last year. Drive baby drive. 12k in eleven months.

Old 10-01-2012, 09:55 AM
Wedgeduck will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
Mine worked ok connected in the trunk, but I only used in once last year. Drive baby drive. 12k in eleven months.
Over a thousand miles per month. Doc, you da man! I just leave mine on a OEM battery tender when in cosmetic surgery or not in use. Works fine, but if your battery is getting old, better change them or face some crazy fees at the dealer for resetting everything. Oh yeah, guys look into rugged computing UK, they have the Vas5054a programmed into a Tablet or pc. Great deal, solves a lot of unnessary runs to the dealer.

Old 10-01-2012, 10:59 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
What is the criteria for replacing batteries due to time in the car? When are you throwing away $. When I changed my plugs out due to the car being an 07 model they tech said they actually looked fine and I might have been able to leave them in the car.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:30 AM
What is the criteria for replacing batteries due to time in the car? When are you throwing away $. When I changed my plugs out due to the car being an 07 model they tech said they actually looked fine and I might have been able to leave them in the car.
I would probably run a battery check to see if there are any dead cells. Just like when the dealer told me about the 6 year brake hose replacement. It looked fine to the rest of my friends. No cracks, expansion or anything else wrong for that matter. I think where I am heading, I will have to build custom stainless steel brake hoses for my ride.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:58 AM
Is that the ride you sent me a pic of?

Wife did not like it. Daughter said WOW! She's a keeper.

Old 10-01-2012, 12:26 PM
Is that the ride you sent me a pic of?

Wife did not like it. Daughter said WOW! She's a keeper.
The murdered out black one? She going to Vegas in four weeks. Gotta get her ready. New wheels and photoshot this week. I will post a few pics. oh yeah, the new generation of Bentley enthusiasts go nuts over that design. I was cruising next to this older gent in a Ford gt40 and he keep eyeing the car's carbon fiber accents. He wanted me to do same for his car to lighten her up, I told him unless you got a wad of cash burning a whole in your pocket, don't do it. He said he got a wad of cash burning a hole through his bank. I told him to call me after November.

Last edited by Wedgeduck; 10-01-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:41 PM
No it was a pic of the wide body on the email. Black vented hood and blue body.

Old 10-01-2012, 06:49 PM
No it was a pic of the wide body on the email. Black vented hood and blue body.
Doc, your daughter loves that wide body? Nice. I love that design also. But I néed her chubby butt to lighten up a bit for what we plan to do to her.(not your daughter Doc!)

Old 10-01-2012, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by Wedgeduck
Doc, your daughter loves that wide body? Nice. I love that design also. But I néed her chubby butt to lighten up a bit for what we plan to do to her.(not your daughter Doc!)
I love that color Doc. I am in the process of finding the right one to build on.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: anyone use a battery charger on their bentley?