6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Bentley (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/bentley-42/)
-   -   anyone use a battery charger on their bentley? (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/bentley/165659-anyone-use-battery-charger-their-bentley.html)

blitzo 03-19-2009 11:53 PM

anyone use a battery charger on their bentley?

anyone use a battery charger to maintain their battery when they wont be driving their car for a while like over the holidays?

just curious as to whether I should get one or not. just saw it at the dealership.

joekimdds 05-08-2009 06:23 PM

use a battery tender...was told that some of the settings go on default when the level goes down

blitzo 05-08-2009 10:41 PM

heh nice, might be a good investment for when i am on long trips. thx

Roofie 05-09-2009 09:46 AM

same, i heard you might need one if u garage it too long

$$$=SPEED 05-10-2009 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by blitzo (Post 2309456)
anyone use a battery charger to maintain their battery when they wont be driving their car for a while like over the holidays?

just curious as to whether I should get one or not. just saw it at the dealership.

All Bentley's come with a factory battery tender affixed to the main battery in the rear truck on the drivers side. All you do is take od the little panel and there is a plug to plug your car into the outlet. Bang good to go. I plug mine in every night if I plan on night driving the next day.

note: At least I was told they all come with one and mine did and it says Bentley on it

Chris@PerformanceOutfitters 05-11-2009 05:03 AM

Yes, a battery tender/ maintainer is a good thing to use when your car will be sitting for extended periods of time. When storing cars we use C-Tek tenders and they do an excellent job keeping the batteries from dying. If your car does not have a tender I would highly recommend a C-Tek.

blitzo 05-11-2009 10:40 AM

mine didnt come with one. bentley parts told me that it doesnt typically come with the cars.

also i heard that ctek creates an oem one for bentley and if you buy a ctek you guy the same thing without the additional mark up.

$70 (ctek) vs $225 (bentley)

Roofie 05-11-2009 02:08 PM

dealer gave me one free after i got the warranty

blitzo 05-11-2009 02:13 PM

lol nice, need to get me one of those. :-)

Roofie 05-11-2009 05:34 PM

hehehe, where u located

blitzo 05-11-2009 05:47 PM

berkeley, ca heh. there is a bentley dealership over the bridge in sf. i will eventually get around to getting one lol :-)

Roofie 05-11-2009 05:48 PM

did u get ur car yet, or its in transit

Chris@PerformanceOutfitters 05-12-2009 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by blitzo (Post 2380751)
mine didnt come with one. bentley parts told me that it doesnt typically come with the cars.

also i heard that ctek creates an oem one for bentley and if you buy a ctek you guy the same thing without the additional mark up.

$70 (ctek) vs $225 (bentley)

C-Tek makes many of the battery tenders for high end companies. I would buy the C-Tek personally.

PRFCNST 05-12-2009 07:28 AM

Buy C-Tek and forget your worries :)

Jrox 05-12-2009 08:02 AM

I bought the CTek charger - My Bentley tech confirmed it's the same as the OEM without the branding. I went out of town for a quite a while and didn't hook my CG up and when I went to start it, it was bad news. Had to activate the emergency start sequence. Got it running and immediately hooked it up to the CTek. Let it sit overnight and everything was good to go. Now I hook it up as a matter of habit.

The car has (2) batteries so make sure you hook it up to the right one!