Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Realistic discount on 09's 10's? 40-60K??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 10:46 AM
1960apache has a spectacular aura about1960apache has a spectacular aura about
Realistic discount on 09's 10's? 40-60K??

I am getting a bit worn out with the dealer BS games, of when your serious, we can sit down and crunch some real numbers??
No, tell me your lowest price, if I like it I buy, if I don't, I walk, is my attitude.
I just thought the Bentley dealers would be different, but I can't blame the dealer.
What do you guys think is a realistic discount on an 09 or waiting for the 10's to come out? I have heard $30k, but looking at Aston's, Masarati discounts, that seems about $20k off??
Any input? To me, $150k for a brand new car with a sticker of $200k is about right with the market right now, but like I say, that is what I think is a good price!!

Old 04-10-2009, 06:02 PM
jlee is just really nicejlee is just really nicejlee is just really nicejlee is just really nice
Originally Posted by 1960apache
I am getting a bit worn out with the dealer BS games, of when your serious, we can sit down and crunch some real numbers??
No, tell me your lowest price, if I like it I buy, if I don't, I walk, is my attitude.
I just thought the Bentley dealers would be different, but I can't blame the dealer.
What do you guys think is a realistic discount on an 09 or waiting for the 10's to come out? I have heard $30k, but looking at Aston's, Masarati discounts, that seems about $20k off??
Any input? To me, $150k for a brand new car with a sticker of $200k is about right with the market right now, but like I say, that is what I think is a good price!!
I have found that it is very easy to deal with these people who do not want to give out what they would be willing to take. All you have to do is to throw a very low offer to them. When they say no, just ask them what is the minimum amount that they will take then? Works every time.

Old 04-11-2009, 11:20 AM
speednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of light
As with any car not just Bentley. Research is the key. Try and find out what the average dealer invoice price is(with your options) than add a few dollars to that price. That would probably give you a fair deal.

Keep in mind that when purchasing a car it's always about a fair deal. As a consumer that is all we can hope for. When a fair deal is not possible...Walk away..

No dealer will sell below their cost...unless it"s going out of business

Good luck on your search..

Old 04-14-2009, 05:08 PM
silver1331 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by speednme
As with any car not just Bentley. Research is the key. Try and find out what the average dealer invoice price is(with your options) than add a few dollars to that price. That would probably give you a fair deal.

Keep in mind that when purchasing a car it's always about a fair deal. As a consumer that is all we can hope for. When a fair deal is not possible...Walk away..

No dealer will sell below their cost...unless it"s going out of business

Good luck on your search..
Why would a dealer NOT sell below their cost? Thats like saying an investor wont sell GE stock now because its below their cost basis. Situations are different...no dealer WANTS to sell below cost but when have 08 inventory in April 09 and a ton of 2009 cars when 2010s are 4 months out...you will sell to get out of the inventory, free up cash and avoid losses on financing/holding that inventory. Its a bad time to be a dealer and a good time to be a buyer...to me a "fair" deal is relative to the market we are in. I have no interest in giving away my hard earned money to keep a dealer in business or making sure he can make a profit in a market like this. Also just as a side note - when you look at dealer invoice online it doesnt reflect alot of the current promotions/holdbacks manufacturers are offering to the dealer.

Last edited by silver1331; 04-14-2009 at 05:11 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:56 PM
Roofie is on a distinguished road
ye, on 09 30 is good iscount

Old 06-05-2009, 03:49 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by speednme

Problem is Bentley has so many "behind the scene" deals with dealers it is impossible to know what the dealer is actually paying for the car after all dealer rebates.

Old 06-18-2009, 09:44 PM
abacusfin is on a distinguished road
Ive had the same problem negotiating with some of these dealers. I am currently closing a deal on a 2009 Aston Martin DB9. They are offering 20k off sticker which I thought was a good deal however after reading your post about some Aston dealers doing as much as 50k off I think some more negotiating would not be out of the question. If you dont mind my asking where exactly did you hear that Aston dealers will discount to this degree? I think the points made in this thread are spot on and I hadnt even considered the upcoming 2010 models in arriving at a purchase price for this car. Thank you in advance for any input you may have.

Old 07-23-2009, 07:53 PM
Jonesie126 is on a distinguished road
Get a 2009 and get a steep discount...If you get an 08 with a few thousand miles on it, you will get an amazing deal.

Old 08-24-2009, 12:47 PM
Kingb is on a distinguished road
your out of luck its 30k