Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

My new Continental GT Speed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 08:56 AM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by HRD SEL
Love the GT!!

Funny you say this. A friend of mine had the exact one for a brief time as a DD and said:

"This car wouldn't be fun if there were 5 prostitutes inside"
Thanks for all the compliments everyone!

This quote is hysterical...and spot on!

Old 09-24-2009, 08:58 AM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by NM3
Very nice congrats. I like the e39 5 series on style 5 wheels too!
Wow...you have a sharp eye! I love that car and will never sell it. I have around 150,000 miles on it and it's never once caused me a problem...it's terrific.

But it's a manual and my back just can't take driving it in traffic any longer.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:00 AM
With regard to the mods...I will likely do the GIAC flash...but want to break in the motor first.

As far as the wheels are concerned...I really like the stock ones a lot and see no reason to swap them out....for now

Old 09-26-2009, 04:42 PM
Bentley_lover is on a distinguished road
Congrats on that Bentley. The CGT is the most beautiful car I've ever seen in my life.

Old 10-14-2009, 06:06 PM
motosport3 will become famous soon enoughmotosport3 will become famous soon enough
That is a gorgeous car. Great looking garage as well. Congrats. Hope to have a Bentley in my future someday.

Old 10-14-2009, 10:58 PM
Vekto911 is just really niceVekto911 is just really niceVekto911 is just really niceVekto911 is just really nice
A member of L4P referred me to your thread. This car is MADNESS!!!

I really cannot wait!!! What's the name of your paint? Mine will be Onyx Black with Newmarket tan interior.

Old 10-15-2009, 01:01 PM
jpohl402 will become famous soon enoughjpohl402 will become famous soon enough
I would hands-down take a Continental over any Porsche any day of the week.
You certainly picked the right (and ONLY) color combo in my eyes !
Black/Black w Red Stiching, Black Piano wood, and knurled aluminum dash..

The only thing I never liked about the Speeds is the wheels (hate wheels w a ton of spokes)

Enjoy, I know I would...

Old 10-15-2009, 07:50 PM
Vernacity is on a distinguished road
Looks great, have a blast!

Old 10-18-2009, 02:14 PM
davesfo will become famous soon enough
"it's ok....i'm a limodriver"

Old 10-21-2009, 03:12 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Obv i dont need to question your tastes judging from your 997TT ......but am surprised at how GREAT this write up is on the car. Normally a 'typical' CGT guy will comment on the attention it gets and the quiet ride. Maybe on what 22's he is looking into LOL....but your 'real world' write up on how you use the car and what you like about it awesome. I am actually excited for you to drive that car and be glad your Lex in on a used car lot somewhere in Patterson.

BRAVO on a great car (cars!) and a killer write up. Cool to see a car company get it right too. Enjoy!

Old 10-22-2009, 03:49 PM
sayegh87 has a spectacular aura aboutsayegh87 has a spectacular aura aboutsayegh87 has a spectacular aura about
congrats! looks very good....nice stable!

Old 10-23-2009, 08:17 AM
Thanks guys...the funny thing is...the car isn't quiet at all. In sport mode the exhaust sounds fantastic. Maybe it's different between the normal car and the Speed version but the more I drive this thing the more I like it. My daughter actually complained that it was too loud the other day!

Yes the Porsche is still "crap your pants" fast when you crush the throttle...but this thing is just terrific. It also takes off when you hit the throttle but in traffic, with the massage going...you just can't beat it.

I had the windows down yesterday and there was zero wind buffeting at all...this really surprised me.

I actually find that I get a lot more attention in the Porsche. I can never drive it without someone pulling up next to me to take a pic or give a thumbs up, etc. The Conti seems to blend in a lot more...

Old 10-23-2009, 12:05 PM
Former Vendor
StuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to behold
We have worked on a couple and I have driving some myself. The power band stock is awesome and I can't wait to hear your feedback on the GIAC Chip!

Congrats on the purchase.

-Nathan

Old 10-23-2009, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by davesfo
"it's ok....i'm a limodriver"
I've been trying to figure out what you mean...then it hit me...isn't this a quote from dumb and dumber?

Old 12-09-2009, 03:37 PM
Had it out in the snow...best daily driver a guy could ever ask for!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My new Continental GT Speed