6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Bentley (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/bentley-42/)
-   -   Bentley Continental GT..... (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/bentley/19029-bentley-continental-gt.html)

Mach2 11-28-2004 03:01 PM

Bentley Continental GT.....

I know there is a Bentley specific section but it seems to be dead so I'll post this here. In addition, I know this is not 996Turbo/GT2 related, but I figure most members in here have a fine taste in automobiles.

Anyway...
Does anyone own or plan on getting a new Continental GT? What are your impressions? Reason I ask is I'm contemplating getting one and I'd like to hear from those who already have one. I was at my local Bentley dealer today and they have 2 in their showroom. Both are being marked up $5K. I spent quite a bit of time with the salesman, but unfortunately I was unable to test drive one. I must say the rear seat room is less than what I had expected. Otherwise, the car is simply stunning. Any input is appreciated!

Jpcuban 11-28-2004 06:23 PM

nobody here... sorry...

SteveH 11-28-2004 06:28 PM

drove one, unimpressed.

i think it's ugly and they're already a dime a dozen out here. go with a DB9

LSM 11-28-2004 07:42 PM

You mean the Chrysler 300 C Hemi look alike?? The one with the VW interior. Ummmmm No!

Silver996TT 11-28-2004 09:30 PM

I agree!
Go with a DB9!

03-turbo911 11-29-2004 01:09 AM

How about an AMG CL65?:)

Fanman 11-29-2004 01:39 AM

Got really poor reviews when Car & Driver ran it against the Aston DB9, MBZ CL 600, & Ferrari 612. Said it was overweight & pnderous. I was parked near the "Closer" premiere in Westwood this past monday and 2 of them parked next to me. I was like "Damn !" Looks very nice inside, but the exterior doesn't do much for me. Evo has pumped one up to 550 whp. If I had that kind've money definitely the DB9, or 911 Turbo S.

msindi 11-29-2004 02:45 AM

My dad ordered one - then cancelled and is now waiting for an 05 AM DB9 Volante

Alan 11-29-2004 06:27 AM

Drove one - completely underwhelmed

big ponderous and though it's fast, its a completely isolated speed -sort of like flying in a passenger airliner. IMO, it's a rich posers car.

neil.schneider 11-29-2004 06:58 AM

Only seen one on the road. Drove right past it, it is almost invisable. Had to look back and confirm what I had seen. Not too impressed, but I have never driven or seen one close up.

Chordate 11-29-2004 07:06 AM

Its a POS... Cheap plastic grill, front and rear side fenders are cheep plastic polted onto the frame, almost a cheep as the plastic used on the Vette. The engine and platform is from a Pheaton, the AWD system is from Audi, and the interior shares a few parts with the Toureg.

RufMD 11-29-2004 08:05 AM

interior is very bland

renntech36 11-29-2004 09:41 AM

got one coming on Thursday, stay tuned

donnyj 11-29-2004 01:27 PM

B continental

A couple of my friends have these cars. My impressions:

The cars look very impressive the style and panache of the traditional Bently being imposed on the sporting continental GT. I particularly like the front grill. The car is like a reverse Tardis (for those who can remember Dr Who) in that they appear huge on the outside but small on the inside, nice leather ...toys etc a fine looking cabin excellent from a drivers /front passengers point of view.

The car is NOT A 4 SEATER, it is a 2 + 2 ....the rear seats are ok for small people and kids but no good for 5 foot 8 upwards ....there is little head room and not alot of leg room. Bently have ****ed up here the car should have been one or the other instead of being in no mans land.

Both my friends have had irritating little problems that have required Bentlys assistance Exaust silencer not working properly on one , MPH out compared to gps speedometer, trim both leather and wood not finished properly..this on a Bently is unexcusable ..ok mechanical itty bitty things, it's a new model and to be expected, but trim problems on a £100.000+ car?

Ride is very good softer than a sports car very relaxing and most importantly THE CAR IS VERY QUICK faster than a carrera2 ... brakes also very good.

These cars have a stylish opulance, are really cool but the rear seats are not proper seats they should have made it a proper 4 seater and only gets 7 out of 10 instead of 8.5 because of this error.

DonnyJ

TTX50

SilverTTCab 11-29-2004 04:12 PM

saw one driving by, thought it was that chrysler.
saw another at lucent and asked if i could sit inside to check it out... plush interior, small back seats, nice leather.... nothing spectacular however.....

db9> bentley imo

or even the ferrari 4 seater!