Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley Continental GT/GTC/Flying Spur DIY Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-20-2016, 03:56 PM
MrVette is on a distinguished road
FF
Originally Posted by tarnow1942
Any DIY guys know how to proceed. Have problem with lock on the trunk(boot). Wont unlock with key. wont unlock with button on drivers door. Found manual pull behind passenger back seat. Pulled-wont release. Pulled hard enough to stretch wire-no release,wire broke. Fished through the ski hole till I found end on wire,pulled really hard while friend pushed on trunk,finally release-next step would be a hole in the trunk-glad it didn't come to that. Will replace manual release with new control cable and at the same time make the inside trunk lever work manually. NOT an electronics expert-where to go next to find the cause of the key/drivers panel not releasing the lock? Any help appreciated. Don't like to give up and go to our local dealer who is kind of snotty.
i
I recently had a trunk won't open episode. Since the car had been in a paint shop for two weeks I suspected the service battery mightbe low. With some difficulty I opened the pass through ski door. It seemed like one key worked and the other didn't even though they both look alike to me. Once inside the boot I was happy to see my car has a lever on the inside of the boot lid to move rather than a cable to pull. The lever moved easily with a touch of a broom handle. A few days later I came to think I had the wrong key fob when I tried to open the boot. My second key does not have a tru k release button and I suspect electronically and the physical key are such that with this key fob there is no way toopen the trunk as it is the valet key. Lessonlearned: if yourtrunk won't open double check that you have the correct key fob.

Old 11-21-2016, 11:29 AM
tarnow1942 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: the above. Totally my fault. When I checked all the fuses in the trunk,I mis slotted the trunk release fuse.So electronics wont work. The manual release I pulled on till the wire broke-wouldn't release. Traced the wire half way down the trunk through the ski hole managed to get hold of the broken end and pulled it till it finally popped the trunk. Ran a new heavier wire to the back of passenger seat-next time it wont break. Just glad I didn't have to cut hole in the trunk. My stupidity.

Old 12-09-2016, 01:33 PM
cl600bill is on a distinguished road
Geo, can you please send me the pdf. I have the file from about 2 years ago and am not sure it is current. Email is billboos@lycos.com

Old 12-09-2016, 01:37 PM
cl600bill is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Geo3
I am trying to start a collection of DIY articles in this site, regarding the Continental GT/GTC/Flying Spur AWD models.

Hopefully, members will contribute and post their own Bentley DIY's or even Bentley DIY's from other forums, only if the links to those DIY's are inactive (you can post a link as inactive by unchecking the "automatically parse links in text" box that is just below the text box, before you submit the post).

It is also possible to just copy and paste the DIY from another forum as well.

Let's try to build this into something......Geo.

P.S. Many thanks to GT3 Chuck, for all his advice.
Geo, can you please send me the pdf. I have the file from about 2 years ago and am not sure it is current. Email is billboos@lycos.com

Old 12-10-2016, 11:54 PM
Rons GT Speed will become famous soon enough
Bentley PDF request

Originally Posted by Geo3
My apologies, but I removed the link to the Bentley PDF, as very difficult to obtain more info, and not at lot of interest or input.

However, I would be happy to email the 40 page PDF (2.2Mb), to anyone interested.

PMs are already sent to gliozzi and ExoticCarDriver.

Kind regards,

Geo.
Hello Geo. I would appreciate a copy of your PDF file. I have a 2008 Continental GT Speed. If possible please send a copy to:
zcremator@comcast.net

Thank you for your hard work in compiling the PDF
Ron

Old 03-10-2017, 05:47 PM
Stevieshutts will become famous soon enoughStevieshutts will become famous soon enough
Squeaky Seat

I have an annoying squeak from my drivers seat when I move backwards and forwards. Sounds as though it is coming from somewhere near the handle to fold the seat. Has anyone had this problem, or more importantly, know where I need to oil before I set about dismantling something unnecessarily.

Old 03-22-2017, 02:44 PM
durmz is an unknown quantity at this point
High chaps. would also like a copy of the pdf, tried emailing geo from a few pages back but got a postmaster failure return, email address must no longer be active

durmz@hotmail.co.uk

If anyone does know however, looking for information on bleeding the brakes on the continental gt '09, is it just a normal braking system all things considered? or will it need an abs system activated bleed? thanks gents

Old 03-27-2017, 06:55 AM
edinp is on a distinguished road
Geo, can you please send the Bentley PDF file to edinp72@hotmail.com . Thank You kindly

Old 06-07-2017, 07:46 PM
richard181 will become famous soon enough
Can I get the PDF townclean@aol.com

Thanks so much

Old 06-08-2017, 07:24 AM
w12
w12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Geo can you kindly email to w12gt@icloud.com

Thanks in advance!

Old 07-22-2017, 04:55 PM
Stevieshutts will become famous soon enoughStevieshutts will become famous soon enough
My garage laptop has given up the ghost, and taken all of my bentley stuff to cyber heaven with it. Please could you send me the PDF again please GEO.

Also, I did have a software workshop manual that would only work if I changed the date on the computer - can't remember what it was called, or where I got it from - could anyone help me out please

Old 07-22-2017, 05:18 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MrVette
FFi
I recently had a trunk won't open episode. Since the car had been in a paint shop for two weeks I suspected the service battery mightbe low. With some difficulty I opened the pass through ski door. It seemed like one key worked and the other didn't even though they both look alike to me. Once inside the boot I was happy to see my car has a lever on the inside of the boot lid to move rather than a cable to pull. The lever moved easily with a touch of a broom handle. A few days later I came to think I had the wrong key fob when I tried to open the boot. My second key does not have a tru k release button and I suspect electronically and the physical key are such that with this key fob there is no way toopen the trunk as it is the valet key. Lessonlearned: if yourtrunk won't open double check that you have the correct key fob.
Hello Mr. Vette,
Just be aware that the broom handle trick will not work if the batteries are dead, as the lever you speak of has an electrical micro switch which activates the trunk release, where as the lever behind the right hand rear seat is fully manual, no power needed, which always bothered me as if one were to lock themselves in the trunk with a dead battery, the emergency lever is useless....

Old 07-23-2017, 01:00 AM
Sorry George, my email is stevieshutts@yahoo.com

Old 07-23-2017, 06:38 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Stevieshutts
My garage laptop has given up the ghost, and taken all of my bentley stuff to cyber heaven with it. Please could you send me the PDF again please GEO.

Also, I did have a software workshop manual that would only work if I changed the date on the computer - can't remember what it was called, or where I got it from - could anyone help me out please
Hi. The manual is called IETIS. I can't remember where I got mine from either!, it was on a disc if I recall.

Les.

Old 07-26-2017, 09:11 AM
ret09gt is on a distinguished road
Hello Geo I would appreciate a copy of your PDF file. leej4580@sbcglobal.net
Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Bentley Continental GT/GTC/Flying Spur DIY Thread