Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley Continental GT/GTC/Flying Spur DIY Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-07-2017, 01:04 PM
davidaragon is an unknown quantity at this point
Please email me the pdf file

Hi,

Please email me the DIY PDF file!

dea5469@gmail.com

Thank you
David

Old 08-11-2017, 12:38 PM
ret09gt is on a distinguished road
Needed to replace the big lower control arm on my GT. The bentley part was stamped TRW with audi rings on it. Ordered part for an A8 same part (much cheaper).

TRW control arm information.

Old 08-11-2017, 01:33 PM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
I have been warned off TRW parts as being inferior to OE. My Indie reports several failures on TRW suspension parts. Like you, I was tempted to go TRW when I replaced some front end control arms but, my master wrench, given the excessive weight of the Bentley, expressed strong concerns about quality and insisted I go OEM.
That being said, EVERYONE has an axe to grind these days, so who really knows the truth?

Old 08-13-2017, 06:48 AM
ret09gt is on a distinguished road
The truth is the oem lower arms are made by TRW and stamped TRW. The only difference i saw with my original bentley part and the TRW part was the four audi rings were grinded off with a pencil grinder. go figure.

Old 08-13-2017, 11:22 AM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
[QUOTE=ret09gt;4657287]The truth is the oem lower arms are made by TRW and stamped TRW. The only difference i saw with my original bentley part and the TRW part was the four audi rings were grinded off with a pencil grinder. go figure.[/QUOTE

This topic is probably better handled as a new thread so that members can more easily source this information. We are currently a long way down the DIY thread 'Rabbit Hole'.

I am unable to confirm TRW makes the OEM Bentley suspension components. What is your source for this info? Please understand I am not refuting what you say, only trying to enhance my knowledge.

If the Audi rings were ground off, doesn't that suggest some form of deception is at play?

My limited understanding is that aftermarket manufacturers sometimes make components that are exact to OEM specifications and also make components that fit, but are not the same specifications. In short, they look the same but aren't. They sell both versions, but obviously the non OEM spec ones are less expensive. My understanding may fall under the "urban myth" category.

Old 08-15-2017, 09:44 AM
belton is an unknown quantity at this point
Geo3 's website

I'd like to get GEO3 s list of interchange parts, but I don't see a lin to his website.
Can you post a link?
Thanks.
Bob

Old 08-28-2017, 11:44 AM
Kes
Kes is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi, I noticed while doing some suspension works that my coolant radiator is wet on one side, but not dipping on floor yet, but just wet.
However I want to change it, would VW Phaeton fit one or only Bentley?

Cheers

Old 08-28-2017, 01:14 PM
Stevieshutts will become famous soon enoughStevieshutts will become famous soon enough
Before you leap into sourcing a new radiator, check the clamps on the top hose above the radiator. The hose is made of several sections clamped to tube connectors. The clamps are press fitted and I had one on my car work loose, and eventually it came apart. The first sign of trouble though was during a service, when I noticed a small coolant leak stain on one side of the bottom of the radiator. I decided to leave it and look up the prices later, but the hose failed the following week.

The good news is that the repair of the hose clamp is just a case of replacing the pressed clip with a stout jubilee clip and takes about 10 minutes. Since then, it hasn't lost a drop.

Last edited by Stevieshutts; 08-28-2017 at 01:41 PM.
Old 12-03-2017, 02:51 PM
M2287 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi, could you please send me the pdf on m2287@hotmail.com

thanks,
Aidan

Old 01-04-2018, 12:15 PM
MrVette is on a distinguished road
He said the OEM control arm he took off had TRW markings on it.

Old 01-10-2018, 05:41 PM
zxonco is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry can't find the link to your web site.
liushiufaiedward@gmail.com

Old 01-13-2018, 06:15 AM
Geo3 is on a distinguished road
Please just email me for a copy of my Bentley PDF :

gmacgruer@sympatico.ca

Old 04-13-2018, 01:30 AM
zissis is an unknown quantity at this point
Can you please send the pdf to zissis@yahoo.com

Old 05-21-2018, 05:06 PM
Stevieshutts will become famous soon enoughStevieshutts will become famous soon enough
Hi all

I just bought myself a 2011 GT to replace my 2004 GT. The IETIS manual I have for the old car doesn't cover the new one. Anyone know where I can lay my hands on the equivalent workshop info for my new toy??

Old 05-22-2018, 05:12 AM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Stevieshutts
Hi all

I just bought myself a 2011 GT to replace my 2004 GT. The IETIS manual I have for the old car doesn't cover the new one. Anyone know where I can lay my hands on the equivalent workshop info for my new toy??
Hey Steve:
Sorry cannot help you with the info for which you are looking, but what are your plans for the manual you have? I own a 2005 GT and would be interested.

Thanks
Steve H.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Bentley Continental GT/GTC/Flying Spur DIY Thread