6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Bentley (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/bentley-42/)
-   -   Bentley GT owners, question about possible warning light? (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/bentley/237642-bentley-gt-owners-question-about-possible-warning-light.html)

Ray G 02-25-2011 05:30 PM

Bentley GT owners, question about possible warning light?

Hello,
I just purchased a 2006 Bentley GT and unfortunately it did not come with an owners manual. Can anybody tell me what this message on the center of my dash is telling me? Picture below. Thank you for your help!
http://www.fototime.com/%7BDAF6C526-...t/CIMG0046.jpg

robbiemac 02-26-2011 03:07 AM

According to the manual page 5-19, if the light you have photographed is amber then there are 2 situations where this light will come on...

1. parking brake electrical faulty, only affecting parking brake operation, ensure e-park is selected before leaving the vehicle.

2. parking brake fault affecting main braking system DO NOT DRIVE (in this condition you would also get the P in a circle either flashing or on, and the ! in a circle on.

for condition 1 you would also get P with a circle flashing or on however the ! in a circle would be off.

Ray G 02-26-2011 10:42 AM

Thank you so much! There is no ! or anything flashing. Think its safe to drive to the dealer? I can feel the e-brake engage and disengage when I use the buttons.

Originally Posted by robbiemac (Post 3134542)
According to the manual page 5-19, if the light you have photographed is amber then there are 2 situations where this light will come on...

1. parking brake electrical faulty, only affecting parking brake operation, ensure e-park is selected before leaving the vehicle.

2. parking brake fault affecting main braking system DO NOT DRIVE (in this condition you would also get the P in a circle either flashing or on, and the ! in a circle on.

for condition 1 you would also get P with a circle flashing or on however the ! in a circle would be off.

stevenrmusic 02-27-2011 06:50 AM

Hi, when first getting the 06 here had the same problem. Seems there may be a right rear (passenger side on US cars) E brake actuator defect. Seems this situation is happening with other 06 cars btw. VAG-COM might throw a bad brain unit code, which we did replace yet that did not solve the problem. i would guess it is the actual assembly by the brake rotor that needs replacing.

Costs?

Line Code 24BEZ01 Brake repair labor = $130
Part# 3W0698996E Elect Park Brake $400.19
Environmental Compliance Charge = $28.75
---------------
Total = $558.94 (plus tax)

Hope this helps. What irritated me was that with the (P) on, i could not really use the GPS NAV center driver screen. For me that is a MUCH-NEEDED item as am, well, highly dependant on GPS.

Hope this helps.

Ray G 02-27-2011 09:19 AM

Thank you!!!

Originally Posted by enjoythemusic (Post 3135364)
Hi, when first getting the 06 here had the same problem. Seems there may be a right rear (passenger side on US cars) E brake actuator defect. Seems this situation is happening with other 06 cars btw. VAG-COM might throw a bad brain unit code, which we did replace yet that did not solve the problem. i would guess it is the actual assembly by the brake rotor that needs replacing.

Costs?

Line Code 24BEZ01 Brake repair labor = $130
Part# 3W0698996E Elect Park Brake $400.19
Environmental Compliance Charge = $28.75
---------------
Total = $558.94 (plus tax)

Hope this helps. What irritated me was that with the (P) on, i could not really use the GPS NAV center driver screen. For me that is a MUCH-NEEDED item as am, well, highly dependant on GPS.

Hope this helps.

Jackedwards 02-28-2011 08:13 PM

The day I got my 05 in, that light came on at a stop light.

Pushed the parking brake button up and down 5 times, the light went out, and has not come back on since. Thank heaven.

Hopefully, yours does the same.

stevenrmusic 03-01-2011 04:23 AM

You make a good point, perhaps we all should 'exercise' the parking brake from time to time to keep things in proper order. Will add this task to my monthly car workout.

Ray G 03-01-2011 08:29 PM

Update: dealer looked at it and said sensor was faulty otherwise all is ok with the parking brake. Only bad part is that it is going to take 3 days to get the part.

stevenrmusic 03-02-2011 03:50 AM

That is good news and 3 days means ship out of factory in England (1 day), in transit (1 day), and finally get to USA dealer (1 day), so 3 days is about right.

klea 05-15-2011 12:13 AM

most likely it is due to the failure of braking system. i would still suggest you to go for an owner's manual.

Ray G 05-15-2011 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by klea (Post 3204956)
most likely it is due to the failure of braking system. i would still suggest you to go for an owner's manual.

It was just a sensor and has since been fixed by a dealer. I didn't have an owners manual when I originally posted this which I have also since resolved.

farris 12-15-2011 07:30 AM

I am having the same issue and replacing the parking brake ECU did not fix it :mad:

I also tried exercising the parking brake many times and it switches on and off just fine.

Any ideas?

Dr.Disaster 12-15-2011 08:12 AM

I rarely use the parking brake. Growing up in Fl there is now where for the car to roll.:D In TN I should have used it at least twice. I had my Ford truck get a way from me twice rolling backwards, once jumping a curb at the office slamming into a car at the bank down below. I thought the bank president was going to be furious with me but instead thanked me and asked if I could hit the other side???????????????:confused: It was a repo. and the insurance money was going to make the car profitable again.

Steven what's the deal with depending on GPS? Forgot where the house is again?;) Feel free to return fire anytime for a laugh.

stevenrmusic 12-15-2011 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster (Post 3400600)
Steven what's the deal with depending on GPS? Forgot where the house is again?;) Feel free to return fire anytime for a laugh.

(Said in good humor) Well, when you have five girlfriends it is hard to remember which one lives were. So the GPS/naming helps me to arrive at the right house. Ya know, kinda awkward arriving at Laura's home when you had a date with Lea. So welcome to modern life where your GPS address book is the proverbial 'little black book'. :D

So bring it, what's your come back to that :p

Bring it?

OH, IT'S ALREADY BEEN BRUNG!!!!

Dr.Disaster 12-15-2011 09:49 AM

A mans gatta know when he's been beat. I bow oh master.