6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Bentley (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/bentley-42/)
-   -   Full iPod Control In a Pre 2009 Bentley GT (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/bentley/248704-full-ipod-control-pre-2009-bentley-gt.html)

neishadave 11-09-2014 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by enjoythemusic (Post 4232407)
Also keep in mind the Duo uses lower-end audio and other bits, thus the sound quality of the upper line Dice Media Bridge is better. Never heard the Neo so can't comment. The Neo offers far more inputs/options/features than the Dice Duo too. The unit below looks to be a Dice Media Bridge BTW offered by Neo.

www.neocaraudio.com/cars/2007_BENTLEY_CONTINENTAL/PVW2GV1BT

I really just needed a decent hard wired interface. It's not one of my daily drivers and for the price, it's worth a shot even if I pull it out and shelf it. I did order a iskin tx/rx kit too for my iPod classic. I'll post again once I do the install and see what combo sounds the best. Again, I don't have a lot of $$ invested. I may end up with one of the kits you guys posted above. Have a great day gents.

wibragal 11-14-2014 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by enjoythemusic (Post 4232407)
Never heard the Neo so can't comment. The Neo offers far more inputs/options/features than the Dice Duo too. The unit below looks to be a Dice Media Bridge BTW offered by Neo.
www.neocaraudio.com/cars/2007_BENTLEY_CONTINENTAL/PVW2GV1BT

I received, it is the same audiovox but seems to have more features, I am traveling at the moment but will have it installed at my return. Will let you know the results.

Douyon 10-05-2015 05:15 PM

Update

Originally Posted by Douyon (Post 3904217)
Here is what I have been using. I am able to control volume from steering wheel. I control music from my iPod or iPad over Bluetooth. No wires. Device connects to Bluetooth automatically when I get in the car. On occasion I have to connect to Bluetooth device, but 98% of the time it connects automatically. Sound quality is decent for what it is being used for.

Control Unit
DICE i-Audi-R-5v iPod Integration Kit for Audi, Bentley and Lamborghini
Amazon.com: DICE Electronics DUO-103-AVW Dice Audi/VW Silverline DUO- Factory SAT Connection: MP3 Players & Accessories

Bluetooth Adapter (I tested a few, and in my opinion this one works the best)
Amazon.com: CableJive Wireless Bluetooth Music Receiver Adapter for Bose SoundDock, and other iPod and iPhone Audio Docks including iHome, Bose SoundDock, JBL, Logitech, Sony and other 30-Pin Audio Docks for Wireless music. Connect dockBoss air adapter to your speaker dock and control your music from your phone up to 30 ft. away.: MP3 Players & Accessories

This configuration works well.
Only issue I ran into was when using my iPhone 5 for both Bluetooth Hands free which connects to the Stock Bluetooth adapter in the car, and simultaneously connecting to the BossAir adapter, (Yes they do work and connect simultaneously) that when I made or received phone calls, the call was not clear, and seemed broken. I resolved this by dedicating a iPod for music, and my iphone for calls. this configuration works perfectly. I keep the ipod on the ledge next to my battery charger, so when I am charging the car battery, the ipod is charging as well.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.
Andre

Hi guys, after 3 years, and multiple iPhone upgrades (I am currently on iPhone 6s Plus) this setup has worked flawlessly. I am very happy with it thus far.