Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Buy Bentley Gt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 07:55 PM
ccwboy will become famous soon enough
Buy Bentley Gt

have look at the car.2004 the headlight surround a bit off.do u guy think it crash before?if possible to fix easy?the car other thing is good.

Old 09-22-2011, 03:38 AM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Mine is very slightly off too, and my panel shop said this is quite hard to align. In my case the front was removed to respray for stone chips. It was misaligned before then, and the panel shop couldn't improve on it, but no-one notices except me.

This is one of several panels that don't quite match up on the earlier Bentley Contis. The other part is at the back of the bottom of the doors where the chrome trim is often mismatched slightly to the body trim.

I was quite concerned about this when I bought mine, but since then I have seen 3 other CGTs with this fault. It's another problem that is quite hard to fix, but that's usually all there is on the bodywork!

Sometimes I wish they were robot-assembled instead of hand assembled... I don't really see the advantage in getting a car done by hand because there is never the same precision you get with robots. I think it is just the prestige of handcrafting that helps the marque's value.

My Vanish was a shocker - several panels were different colors because they were painted separately and assembled later. There were some glaring differences magnified by the fact some parts were carbon fibre/plastic and other panels were alloy. But to the average eye it was unseen, and still a stunner.

Old 09-22-2011, 04:15 AM
ccwboy will become famous soon enough
so it should be remove the front bumper before...not crash...so need to remove and align again.!!mine is 2004 car.running 4500miles.it must be many stone chips attract.

Old 09-22-2011, 05:32 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
IMHO no need to completely remove to realign and the 2006 has the same problem in the EXACT same area. Basically, there is a screw that holds the two parts together. You'll note the indented parts on each, which helps to keep them aligned yet this seems to come apart over time. The screw to loosen is VERY hard to access yet is doable with a custom short tool/socket. Loosen, re-align the part, re-tighten the screw.

Old 09-22-2011, 05:45 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ccwboy
...it must be many stone chips attract.
Yes, our roads are sealed/bitumen, but roadworks never clean up the stones completely. It only takes one to ruin my year

Old 09-22-2011, 09:45 PM
chinaleeexports will become famous soon enoughchinaleeexports will become famous soon enough
I agree with "enjoy the music" it looks like the specific screw for that section is very loose or missing. I am having my front Mansory Speed front end redone due to the front end was very off in many areas due to a previous body shop did a sub-par job installing it. My car is at my trusted body shop who fabricated a tool to just deal with that screw. They deal with Bentleys and created the tool due to it is difficult to get to it and it has to be secured in order to match up properly.