6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Bentley (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/bentley-42/)
-   -   Garage Door Programming help! Continental GT (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/bentley/261849-garage-door-programming-help-continental-gt.html)

Sly Tuna 12-03-2011 11:27 AM

Garage Door Programming help! Continental GT

Hello everyone,

Im working on programming a homelink system for a client today and am having trouble programming in the garage door! Car is a 2010 Bentley Continantal GT

Garage Door Model: LiftMaster 3595S and its a 3 button opener.

I know its something small stupid and quirky but I cant put my tongue on it. Gate programs just fine but the garage wont register. Has anyone ran into any similar issues with this model opener before? I know the problem lies in the garage door programming because the same thing happens with the Ghost, and Range Rover. In the mean time i will be contacting LiftMaster and some local Garage Door companies.

Any and all help will be appreciated.

Silvester

chinaleeexports 12-04-2011 09:15 PM

You probably have a digital or rolling code garage door opener. In theory, you need to have the Bentley close to the garage door opener, push the learner/programer button located somewhere on your garage door opener (not remote), wait till it flashes then push one of the three buttons in the Bentley within I think 30 seconds or so. Refer owners manual regarding the specifics but in the manual it does go over rolling code procedures. If you don't have a manual let me know and I will look it up other than going by my poor memory.

stevenrmusic 12-05-2011 07:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attached PDF is the procedure for a 2006 Bentley, it is probably the same sequence for a 2010. Hope this helps.

versailles 12-05-2011 02:20 PM

I could never get mine to work either in the 09' Spur I owned, the manuals directions did not help in my case I had to have B service do it for me. Probably best to contact your nearest Bentley service dept.

Dr.Disaster 12-05-2011 02:24 PM

I have not got mine working yet either. The wife says there is a switch up on the door opener that needs to be flipped. To lazy to get it done yet. I just clipped the door opener on the passenger visor.:p

stevenrmusic 12-05-2011 02:34 PM

Mine works fine and functions a few things. The 'trick' seems to be to be sure you have your remote close to the front daskboard interior RIGHT side where the pickup sensor is that reads the remote's signal when programming. Took a few tries to 'get it right'.

kensilver 12-05-2011 11:29 PM

This is the only car I've had that does the garage door - though I know other brands do have it.

It was the final seal of approval on my purchase.

Even today when I demonstrate it, passengers look at me strangely. They don't realize that, like the good Dr. D, my cars have been constantly uglified by the necessary black box attached like a bug to the visor. Bug begone!

I don't like attachments.

Sly Tuna 12-06-2011 12:26 AM

Thanks for the replies everyone! It was in fact a rolling code. Programming went as follows:

1.Hold homelink buttons 1 and 3 till lights flash rapidly.
2.Hold desired space on homelink+garage door opener close to passenger front windscreen until the light beats rapidly.
3. Press learn button on actual garage door opener motor (do not hold it down)
4. Within 30 seconds press selected homelink button 3 times.

Hope this was understandable/helpful. LMK if anyone needs any help.

Dr.Disaster 12-06-2011 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by kensilver (Post 3391248)
This is the only car I've had that does the garage door - though I know other brands do have it.

It was the final seal of approval on my purchase.

Even today when I demonstrate it, passengers look at me strangely. They don't realize that, like the good Dr. D, my cars have been constantly uglified by the necessary black box attached like a bug to the visor. Bug begone!

I don't like attachments.

I have had a large "B" engraved on my door opener and tell every one it is a Bentley special only costing $500.hilarious

And Dr.D is my real nickname but it was taken.:mad:

When I have tried to do mine the lights on the car buttons blinked as if the code was programed but the door did not open. I will continue to work at it when I am in the mood(borrowed saying from the wife).

gliozzi 12-10-2011 04:42 PM

Homelink

DR D

Like me do not waist anymore time call the ladys at Homelink they walked us thourgh the procedure which by the way was different from there web post and within 15 min. we had our door opening. It felt like finally getting a new program to work on the PC. By the way I had a Liftmaster and a also put them in all my spec. homes they were so incompetent in the lack of help I will never use that brand again. That is how pi...and frustrated I got with them. After we were all done Homelink sent me a e mail of instruction of the exact procedure for future reference.

bob

rojolo 04-07-2014 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by enjoythemusic (Post 3390274)
Attached PDF is the procedure for a 2006 Bentley, it is probably the same sequence for a 2010. Hope this helps.

Thank you - I couldn't figure out where to wave the garage door opener during the pairing process.

lilo1980 04-08-2014 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by enjoythemusic (Post 3390748)
Mine works fine and functions a few things. The 'trick' seems to be to be sure you have your remote close to the front daskboard interior RIGHT side where the pickup sensor is that reads the remote's signal when programming. Took a few tries to 'get it right'.

Correct. I had to move the remote really close. I remember the manual says 15 cm or 6 inches.

vanslam 04-08-2014 09:07 AM

What he said...worked for me.

robinardoin 04-08-2014 01:19 PM

I must say that the range of the on board transmitter is about 3 times that of the handheld remote. It is nice to be about 100ft from the garage, activate the switch and have the door completely open well before I arrive. Most other vehicles I have owned required several presses from close range to activate the door. Of course we are dealing with a rather expensive door opener:rolleyes:!

67427 04-09-2014 10:09 PM

Location of transmitter

Do you mean dashboard interior right side? Passenger side? Thanks.