Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Autoglym for Bentley Car Care Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 02:29 PM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
Autoglym for Bentley Car Care Kit

Does anyone have any experience with using the "Autoglym for Bentley Car Care Kit" which is sold by the Bentley dealer for around $180? If so, what is your impression regarding same?

Contains:
1. Car Shampoo
2. Car Polish
3. Glass Cleaner
4. Interior Shampoo
5. Rubber Conditioner
6. Leather Cleaner
7. Leather Conditioner
8. Wheel Cleaner
9. Cleaning cloths
• Aqua Dry
• Perfect Polishing Cloth
• Hi-Tech Finishing Cloth
• Hi-Tech Wheel Brush

Also any thoughts regarding the "Autoglym High Definition Wax" which is also sold by the Bentley dealer for around $70.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:48 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
i have never had any experience with autoglym products. But just the fact you can get them at walmart makes me think they are commercial products and mass produced. Not that there is anything wrong with it.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:14 PM
Ice9 is on a distinguished road
I think you can do much better for your money purchasing products separately from sites like Detailed Image or Griots. You basically need a good soap and a good wax or sealant to start off. Be sure to use high quality wash media (towels, sponges, etc). If you just wash and wax it regularly, you will be ahead of most.

After some years you might want to correct or "polish" the paint. This is highly recommended on a car such as a Bentley.

Detailing can get very complicated and involved but it can be fun. And if you're not into that thing, there are tons of good pro-detailers out there you can hire.

Old 01-04-2012, 11:10 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I would expect the Bentley brand stuff to be over priced, just like the harley davidson was. I started out using all the Harley stuff and then went to the high quality products at walmart or car parts stores. Saved a lot of money and the bikes are well cared for. I trust products from TurttleWax, Meguirs ect.

I am getting a professional to polish my car soon and considering the Opticaot system, see other thread.

Old 01-31-2012, 03:03 PM
Grwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the roughGrwisher is a jewel in the rough
After much agony I decided to buy the Autoglym kit and wax from the local Bentley dealer. I recently used the shampoo,
polish and wax. Although I can't say that these products are better than the Meguires products that I have used in the past, I am very satisfied with them and would do it again without a doubt. The car looks absolutely fantastic. I also like the Bentley bag that came with them, pads, towels and a wonderful brush that gets off the white excess wax that is invariably left behind when you wax a car (especially on a black one).

Part of my reason for doing this was the result of buying and reading "The Art of Detailing" by Mike Philips from AutoGeek. Mike goes though a detailed discussion of how paint, wheel finishes, etc. vary a good bit between cars and car ages. As I read more and more about the Bentley's Autoglym products and Bentley's claim that they are "developed exclusively for Bentley", it became apparent that, while I might be paying a premium, I could not go wrong by buying them. Autoglym also claims that Autoglym products are endorsed by Rolls Royce, Jaguar, Aston Martin, BMW, Lotus, McLaren and The British Royal Family. Autoglym also claims that: "We guarantee not to create swirl marks on dark colored cars. In most cases swirl marks will be eliminated." My GT's color is onyx which is a black metalic.

Lastly, I figured that if I just paid well over $200,000 (was erroneously $200,00 in original post) for a brand new GT, I could certainly pay a little over $200 for these Bentley products.

References:

Bentley - page 57 claims that these products are "developed exclusively for Bentley": http://www.accessoriesfrombentley.bentleymotors.com/en/

Autoglym: http://www.autoglym.com/ensg/content1.asp

AutoGeek: http://www.autogeek.net/

Last edited by Grwisher; 02-03-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:27 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Grwisher
After much agony I decided to buy the Autoglym kit and wax from the local Bentley dealer. I recently used the shampoo,
polish and wax. Although I can't say that these products are better than the Meguires products that I have used in the past, I am very satisfied with them and would do it again without a doubt. The car looks absolutely fantastic. I also like the Bentley bag that came with them, pads, towels and a wonderful brush that gets off the white excess wax that is invariably left behind when you wax a car (especially on a black one).

Part of my reason for doing this was the result of buying and reading "The Art of Detailing" by Mike Philips from AutoGeek. Mike goes though a detailed discussion of how paint, wheel finishes, etc. vary a good bit between cars and car ages. As I read more and more about the Bentley's Autoglym products and Bentley's claim that they are "developed exclusively for Bentley", it became apparent that, while I might be paying a premium, I could not go wrong by buying them. Autoglym also claims that Autoglym products are endorsed by Rolls Royce, Jaguar, Aston Martin, BMW, Lotus, McLaren and The British Royal Family. Autoglym also claims that: "We guarantee not to create swirl marks on dark colored cars. In most cases swirl marks will be eliminated." My GT's color is onyx which is a black metalic.

Lastly, I figured that if I just paid well over $200,00 for a brand new GT, I could certainly pay a little over $200 for these Bentley products.

References:

Bentley - page 57 claims that these products are "developed exclusively for Bentley": http://www.accessoriesfrombentley.bentleymotors.com/en/

Autoglym: http://www.autoglym.com/ensg/content1.asp

AutoGeek: http://www.autogeek.net/
No argument out of me. Please do tell where I can get the same deal on a new GT? $200,00 is a damn good price.

Old 01-31-2012, 08:58 PM
joekimdds is on a distinguished road
pepboys are selling the autoglym products on clearance

Old 02-01-2012, 07:30 AM
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
No argument out of me. Please do tell where I can get the same deal on a new GT? $200,00 is a damn good price.
The MSRP of a Bentley GT in Houston, without options, is $195,495 ($189,900 base + $3,000 gas guzzler tax + $2,595). So, in theory, you could order one without any options for that amount and have one great car. Here is the Edmunds web site where you can configure one: http://www.edmunds.com/bentley/?ps=new The Edmunds MSRP for the GT is correct, but the one for the GTC may be wrong. My dealer quoted $218,395 instead of the $205,600 shown on Edmunds. My GT MSRP, with options, was $203,045. My total drive out price was just shy of $210,000 which included a small discount.

In an earlier post I said:
"The options that I like are a fancy steering wheel ($1,150), rear view camera ($1,135), veneered door/rear inserts ($1,090), seat ventilation & massage ($820) and deep pile carpets ($380). The options I could have done without are a chromed lower bumper ($1,010), CD player ($615), veneer case ($550 which covers up the cup holders), a knurled gear lever ($540) and valet key ($260)." Therefor I could have ordered one for $200,700 and been very happy.

Old 02-01-2012, 08:03 AM
Grwisher I was really trying to be funny which does not come across very well on the computer. In your post you left a zero off the number for the price you paid listing it at 200,00. We wish.

So bottom line , you love the car? I bought a used 07 and think it is the best choice for me all things considered. I paid 131,000 for it with 10,000 miles. It is in immaculate shape and has some of the options you listed. I might have found a cheaper one but this one just got me by the gut.

G'day.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:29 AM
Grwisher I was really trying to be funny which does not come across very well on the computer. In your post you left a zero off the number for the price you paid listing it at 200,00. We wish.

So bottom line , you love the car? I bought a used 07 and think it is the best choice for me all things considered. I paid 131,000 for it with 10,000 miles. It is in immaculate shape and has some of the options you listed. I might have found a cheaper one but this one just got me by the gut.

G'day.
I guess the yoke is on me!

Yes, I do love my car. FYI - I bought this particular Bentley because it had the options I wanted and the color combinations and not because of the price. And probably like you, I didn't know if I would get a chance to buy another one later that got me by the gut.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:37 AM
My experience exactly! I still have not seen a color/wood combination that i like as well as the one I bought. I originally had planned to wait about a year before making a purchase but after seeing this one I got so horny for it I caved. I hope i never see a black paint with brown and black leather with a Zebra wood or Leopard wood interior. Hate to have to sell the farm and house to live in a trailer.

I may have the Opticoat done on mine and still experimenting on the cleaning/waxing/sealant treatments.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:48 AM
My experience exactly! I still have not seen a color/wood combination that i like as well as the one I bought. I originally had planned to wait about a year before making a purchase but after seeing this one I got so horny for it I caved. I hope i never see a black paint with brown and black leather with a Zebra wood or Leopard wood interior. Hate to have to sell the farm and house to live in a trailer.
Is the black exterior paint beluga or onyx (my color) because I have the very same interior?

Old 02-02-2012, 08:13 AM
Originally Posted by Grwisher
Is the black exterior paint beluga or onyx (my color) because I have the very same interior?
I bought it used so never saw a "sticker" but I believe it is the beluga. My interior is burl maple with tan and black leather. Stunning mate for sure, to my eyes. The car has to be show top down to really get the full effect.

What is you wood interior trim? I have never heard of the Zebra or leopard wood in a Bentley but have used it to make cigar humidors. Very exotic african stuff and pricey to boot. Not that Bentley is afraid to charge gobs of money.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:37 AM
I bought it used so never saw a "sticker" but I believe it is the beluga. My interior is burl maple with tan and black leather. Stunning mate for sure, to my eyes. The car has to be show top down to really get the full effect.

What is you wood interior trim? I have never heard of the Zebra or leopard wood in a Bentley but have used it to make cigar humidors. Very exotic african stuff and pricey to boot. Not that Bentley is afraid to charge gobs of money.
Dr. Disaster I was really trying to be funny which does not come across very well on the computer.

My actual interior colors are Portland for the primary hide, Porpoise for the secondary hide and Walnut for the veneer. See attached PDF.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
BentleyPDF.pdf (822.6 KB, 107 views)
Old 02-02-2012, 08:57 AM
HELL-o that's the chit! Wonderful contrast of dark rich wood and light delicate colored leather.

I would like see the two blacks side by side to appreciate the difference.

I am soooooooooo glad you do not have the wood trims was I mentioned saves us both the trouble of me coming over there, offing you and taking the car.

I like my top down but the roof line of the hard top beats the convertible and the rear seat wooden console is waaaaaaaay better that the nothingness of the convertible. Guess a man has to make choices.

Hey want to know how dumb I really am?? Firts time i saw the porpoise for a hide color I thought they really skinned the marine mammals. Dumb as a coal bucket as they say round cher.

There goes all my respect on the board, as if i had much.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Autoglym for Bentley Car Care Kit