Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Screen Only Has Logo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2023, 03:19 PM
robob has much to be proud ofrobob has much to be proud ofrobob has much to be proud ofrobob has much to be proud ofrobob has much to be proud ofrobob has much to be proud ofrobob has much to be proud ofrobob has much to be proud of
Screen Only Has Logo

Hello Folks,

So I got my GT3-R yesterday and all was fine. Read some of the book then went out when last night and started learning the infotainment system and DIC. No issues.

I start it up this morning to take it to get it inspected and the center screen will only display the Bentley logo. I tried all the buttons multiple times, especially the on/off. Also did the tap on the screen thing;. It has a CD in it and that will not eject. Sometimes when I touch a button, particularly the on/off, it goes blank for several seconds and then comes back to the Bentley logo. Tried on mode with the button and the key. Tried starting with the key. Left it sit for about an hour during lunch and then started it again with no improvement. No backup camera either. When I put it in reverse I get a loud beeping that sounds like it is coming from the left side behind the driver.

I drove it several miles so the battery should be charged and it started up off the truck yesterday and was fine. Oh, and the DIC is fine. When I do manage to get to the Audio display screen in the DIC it says Starting and then after several seconds it reverts back to the Trip screen.

Had it inspected nonetheless and everything else works.

Any ideas besides the batteries disconnect thing?

Thanks,
Robert

Old 07-15-2023, 03:52 PM
robob has much to be proud ofrobob has much to be proud ofrobob has much to be proud ofrobob has much to be proud ofrobob has much to be proud ofrobob has much to be proud ofrobob has much to be proud ofrobob has much to be proud of
So after it sat overnight it worked this morning. Then I went inside to subscribe it to my SiriusXM account. When I came back out it was back to logo only.

I decided it was likely low voltage. I am on my second Range Rover and they do odd things when the battery is not fully charged or is losing it punch. So I have the dedicated Batter Tender plugged in. It first showed half charge but is now at 3/4 charged or whatever that icon means.

BTW. I have had the engine running while learning/configuring/testing the infotainment system.

Y'all take care,
Robert

Old 07-16-2023, 07:48 AM
Hello Folks,

I fully charged the battery and still logo only. So then I thought maybe it's heat related since it worked yesterday morning when it was cooler. Got in it this morning and still nothing but logo.

I have disconnected the negative side of the left battery (big one). Anybody know how long I should leave it disconnected?

If someone would point me to a chart of the fuses that would be nice.

Also, I hadn't had my coffee yet so like a moron I closed the boot. How do I get in it manually?

Hope you folks are doing well,
Robert

Old 07-16-2023, 10:57 AM
Hello,

Anybody have the fuse chart?

Thanks,
Robert

Old 07-16-2023, 01:23 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Hello @robob ,
Have you tried the 3 finger reset of the Infotainment head unit, as shown in the video below ?

As to the fuse diagram for the 2012 and up, I do not have that, but I can say, just as the 2003 to 2011 had, the 2012 and up, including your 2015 have a fuse on the back side of the Infotainment head unit itself as shown in the attached picture of a 2015 Infotainment head unit, the fuse diagram I have for the 2003 - 11 shows fuse number 17 in the facia fuse box for the Infotainment screen, but as your screen is showing the wings, then your screen has power, as does the head unit by way of the rear fuse, otherwise I would think that it would not function at all.

The 2012 and up do have a well known issue of either continuous rebooting or freezing screen, and or, a very long lagging of functions when pressing any buttons, and the more your press, the longer the software will lag to catch up.

Johnny

2010 fuse number 17.

2015 Infotainment head unit back side fuse location.

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 07-16-2023 at 01:34 PM.
Old 07-16-2023, 01:33 PM
Thanks Much,

I agree about the fuses, but I am grasping at straws at this point. I was unaware of the reboot. I just got the car last Thursday afternoon.

So I've screwed myself now as I disconnected the negative side of the left battery and by habit closed the boot.

Any idea on the GT3-R on getting to the manual release? No back seats to remove.

I really appreciate the reply,
Robert
PS: Hope you were able to conclude the thread with the key programming. I haven't gotten to the end of it yet.

Old 07-16-2023, 01:39 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
@robob ,
Being that you have no rear seats, then I think that the access to the manual boot release will be located in the rear area pass-thru to the boot/trunk, like a GTC, iirc it is a 10 or 11 mm socket on a ratchet that is needed.

It would help to know your location in the world, so that we have a clear picture of your vehicle, you can add your location in your profile.

EDIT: Added video showing manual release.

EDIT 2: Sorry, not sure which key programming thread you are referring to.

Johnny

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 07-16-2023 at 01:50 PM. Reason: To add video
Old 07-16-2023, 02:05 PM
I added my location, I am on the westside of Houston, TX.

The GT3-R has no visible passthrough.

US spec GT3-R #99 of 99. Let me know if you need any other info:-)
PS: That pic is of my car.

Old 07-16-2023, 04:28 PM
Administrator
@robob ,
It's really hard to find information on the GT3-R, so just thinking out loud here to try to help.
I now see that the 15 GT3-R does not have the pass-thru like all the Supersports, even the 2017 SS has the pass-thru as pictured...

So, before we go crazy trying to find the emergency manual release, let's go a different route, being that you only disconnected the negative on the house battery, and no wires off of the positive side bus bar on the house battery, then can you find the alternator and starter wires connection junction at the firewall, hopefully it is the same as the W12 setup, if there, then you can apply 12 volt power from another battery or say a 10 amp battery charger, positive to the post, and negative to the body, like the strut tower bolts, this would backfeed power to all the circuits at the house battery and allow for you to pop the trunk lid.

One thing to note is that the starter post I marked red, it is always hot from the starter battery, and being that the starter battery's ground is hooked up, you probably could just bridge the two posts to send positive from the starter battery to the bus bar from the main side, as that is just what the parallel solenoid does in the trunk, it sends positive from the starter battery to the house battery bus bar, which brings up the question, did you try turning the ignition switch with the key to the left for emergency power ?

I did find cover, and lever part numbers for 2015 and 17 GT's, but no indication of where the cover would be, or even for the GT3-R, but it is worth a look.
First I wonder if there is a release of some kind in the console under the armrest, or as some pictures show something up on the rear deck area, I see something in your picture, but don't know if it is a tie-down spot or not, yet I see no provisions for any child seat, so not sure what it is, so please let us know.

Johnny

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 07-16-2023 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 07-16-2023, 05:36 PM
Interesting indeed. Let's start at end and work backwards. In your last picture you show one of the two carpeted areas that would be where one's calves would be were there a seat. I did try to determine if those are removable and could not find a way. And the other pictures with 27,28, and 21 presumably show them in areas I do not know how to access..

I have tried to manipulate the levers that may be tie down hooks or releases with no success as I do not want to break them. I am fairly certain there is nothing helpful in the area under the armrest as I did look, but I will look again. It would not be a good place for a mechanical pull or lever.

The posts you show are under the hood near the firewall? Do I understand since they are both positive that I should be able to jump them and get accessory power? How close should I position my fire extinguisher? ;-)

Now for the key to the left, no I have not. I remember reading something in the manual, but it did not occur to me. I will try that now.

Thanks Much,
Robert

Old 07-16-2023, 06:06 PM
Administrator
@robob ,
Ok, try the key and let us know.
As to the 2 posts, yes at the firewall on the passenger side, at least on the W12 it is, in searching the part number for said junction point connector, it doesn't specify V8 or W12, so I believe that you have the same.

As to jumping both post together at this junction point, yes, jump them together, as you have the house battery's negative cable removed, the house battery is basically out of the equation, and being that the starter battery is all hooked up correctly and charged, by jumping the two posts together, the starter battery is becoming the supply of power for all the house battery circuits, because, every item in the vehicle gets it's negative/ground side of the power from the body of the vehicle, as the negative cable from each battery only goes directly bolted to the body of the vehicle within less than a foot, the negative side of the batteries and the cables do not run directly to any modules, I hope I said that clearly.

I realized this a little while back when @sazam posted his picture of the two post showing 8 volts on the starter post, and 4 volts on the alternator post.

Johnny

Old 07-16-2023, 06:27 PM
So yep, turning the key to the left lights up the dash, etc. Pulled the lever on the door for the boot release and VOILA!

Hooked up the battery and tried the infotainment reboot, but no love. Logo and occasional fade to black and back.

I will reread the reboot instructions.

May you live a thousand lifetimes:-)

Old 07-16-2023, 06:37 PM
I looked at the reset video again. I don't think mine went blank as I was holding the three buttons. I think the logo stayed. When it cools down some more outside I will try it again.

BTW, When I shutdown the car I hear the CD mechanism making noises like it is trying to eject the CD that is in the drive.

Old 07-17-2023, 04:24 AM
Pablen84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by robob
So after it sat overnight it worked this morning. Then I went inside to subscribe it to my SiriusXM account. When I came back out it was back to logo only.

I decided it was likely low voltage. I am on my second Range Rover and they do odd things when the battery is not fully charged or is losing it punch. So I have the dedicated Batter Tender plugged in. It first showed half charge but is now at 3/4 charged or whatever that icon means.

BTW. I have had the engine running while learning/configuring/testing the infotainment system.

Y'all take care,
Robert
Good morning from Spain, I have a 2009 model but I had problems of this type. Sometimes the radio even stayed on when I closed the car, other times the screen stayed with the logo, or black and I couldn't see the menus...

In the end I think I have it solved, I say I think because I don't really use it very much. They changed me in my workshop where I did all the preparation of Carplay, the power supply and they took me out in a hidden place, a reset button also that I have not had to use yet.

Old 07-17-2023, 06:39 AM
I tried several times starting the car with the key and button again last night to reset it with no change.

@Pablen84, thanks for that. Mine is #99 of 99 GT3-Rs for the US so I am going to keep it original.

Take care,
Robert

Last edited by robob; 07-17-2023 at 06:39 AM. Reason: grammar cleanup

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Screen Only Has Logo