Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Tubi Exhaust Install on Continental Supersports...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 09:07 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Tubi Exhaust Install on Continental Supersports...

It's not too often that we get to see a Bentley at our facility here, but a local customer and devoted Tubi exhaust fan decided he wanted a little more rumble out of the CS. The car is definitely pretty impressive, just not quite a good fit for tall folks like me..lol. (At 6'2" my head was about 2 inches from the roof...LOL)

Anyway, here's a few pics of the install, and a video at the end....enjoy.

Old 05-09-2012, 11:52 AM
colt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of light
wow sounds great!

Old 05-09-2012, 03:59 PM
montyfd is on a distinguished road
Looks like a quicksilver, sounds like a quicksilver.
What makes it different?

Old 05-10-2012, 07:29 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by montyfd
Looks like a quicksilver, sounds like a quicksilver.
What makes it different?
I don't know very much about Quicksilver exhausts, so I can't really say. I can tell you that all TubiStyle exhausts are hand-made in Italy, 100% stainless steel, and individually designed on each particular model.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:38 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Great to see parts of the car we don't normally clean

Nice sound too.

Old 05-12-2012, 02:42 PM
Giampiero is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
I don't know very much about Quicksilver exhausts, so I can't really say. I can tell you that all TubiStyle exhausts are hand-made in Italy, 100% stainless steel, and individually designed on each particular model.
I bet you never saw how an exhaust is made, and of course they are different depending on the car model!,even the crappiest exhausts kit are made for 'each' particular car

Old 05-14-2012, 07:46 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Giampiero
I bet you never saw how an exhaust is made, and of course they are different depending on the car model!,even the crappiest exhausts kit are made for 'each' particular car
As a matter of fact, I have actually seen quite a few exhausts being made. I even took some pictures...check them out for yourself.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/champio...7624528400837/

And you misunderstood my second statement. Some exhaust manufacturers have a handful of "standard" sized mufflers from generic suppliers that they might use on many different car models. For example, they may have a 12" oval with dual inlets and dual outlets. That muffler may work on 4 different cars. Tubi makes the mufflers specific to each vehicle, specifically so that the sound matches the character of the car.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:29 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I was just admiring how clean the underside of that car is. Has it ever been on the road? Did you get performance gains or is more about the audible pleasure? Had you considered bypassing those secondary cats?

Very nice tone on that car.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:37 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
I was just admiring how clean the underside of that car is. Has it ever been on the road? Did you get performance gains or is more about the audible pleasure? Had you considered bypassing those secondary cats?

Very nice tone on that car.

haha...the car only has about 70 miles on it, and it's the dry season down here in Florida.

We didn't really test for performance gains, although I would assume they'd be minimal since it's just a rear section. The audible improvement is huge though!

Old 05-14-2012, 09:23 AM
Giampiero is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
As a matter of fact, I have actually seen quite a few exhausts being made. I even took some pictures...check them out for yourself.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/champio...7624528400837/

And you misunderstood my second statement. Some exhaust manufacturers have a handful of "standard" sized mufflers from generic suppliers that they might use on many different car models. For example, they may have a 12" oval with dual inlets and dual outlets. That muffler may work on 4 different cars. Tubi makes the mufflers specific to each vehicle, specifically so that the sound matches the character of the car.
Thank you for your explanation and the nice pictures....I was at Tubi factory also few years back...

Old 05-14-2012, 09:46 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
The Bentley does have a nice tone but just not enough of it, I agree your car sounds like what a twin turbo w12 should.