6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Bentley (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/bentley-42/)
-   -   front bumper options. (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/bentley/294993-front-bumper-options.html)

REDNOSEGT 12-16-2012 04:13 PM

front bumper options.

what are the options for upgrading the front bumper?

can the 08+ facelift front bumper fit on the 04-07?

or a gt speed front bumper?

what are my options with going with oem. and anybody ever swap the front bumper over?

White991TT 12-16-2012 04:44 PM

Any front bumper from a GT or GTC will fit from 04-10. I upgraded my GTC to a speed front bumper and it was plug and play. All components transfer in the exact same position to the new upgraded cover. Be cautious with transfer of the parking sensors as you want them in the same upright location.

Also do an oil change, clean up and pressure wash the intercoolers/ condenser while your in there. You will be shocked at how much debris gets sucked into those areas. These areas become neglected during routine services. A DIY time to shine.

Wedgeduck 12-17-2012 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by phatz (Post 3719249)
what are the options for upgrading the front bumper?

can the 08+ facelift front bumper fit on the 04-07?

or a gt speed front bumper?

what are my options with going with oem. and anybody ever swap the front bumper over?

I believe all front and rear bumpers, skirts, trunks, hoods will fit 04 to 11 GT,GTC and GT Speed. Only the trunks won't fit the GTC. Body styling didn't changed till 2012.:cool:

Wedgeduck 12-17-2012 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by blackgtc (Post 3719276)
Any front bumper from a GT or GTC will fit from 04-10. I upgraded my GTC to a speed front bumper and it was plug and play. All components transfer in the exact same position to the new upgraded cover. Be cautious with transfer of the parking sensors as you want them in the same upright location.

Also do an oil change, clean up and pressure wash the intercoolers/ condenser while your in there. You will be shocked at how much debris gets sucked into those areas. These areas become neglected during routine services. A DIY time to shine.

Had my front and rear bumpers off alot. So much crap gets stuck up in there. I am suprised the dealer doesn't have that included on one of the later maintenance schedules.:mad:

White991TT 12-17-2012 08:51 AM

Side rockers on the GT convertible are different to accommodate the added stiffening. Supersport rear bumper cover is wider and will require slight modification to interchange.

Wedgeduck 12-17-2012 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by blackgtc (Post 3719730)
Side rockers on the GT convertible are different to accommodate the added stiffening. Supersport rear bumper cover is wider and will require slight modification to interchange.

Interesting. I know on the SS, they started widening the stance in the rear in 2010(the front is the same on the SS right? Side rockers on GTC is different,but is the fitting the same?) By slight modication, I think you would have to try to stretch that frp rear bumper to fit the SS, or to use an SS rear end on a standard GT, you would have fitment issues because of the extra width? You actually can use fiberglass and carbon fiber bumpers to stretch fit alot.(only when they are built with thinner layers)

REDNOSEGT 12-17-2012 06:51 PM

How much does a 09 or 2010 bumper go for?

White991TT 12-17-2012 07:55 PM

Used it Varies.. Very hard to find $2500+
Also need grill trim section $500+
Dealer expect to pay 4-5k.

jc_333 12-17-2012 08:39 PM

Hey wedgeduck

How hard is the front bumper to remove as I need to fit something and route wires into cabin. Heard routing wires into cabin is a toughie.

Thanks

Wedgeduck 12-18-2012 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by jc_333 (Post 3720403)
Hey wedgeduck

How hard is the front bumper to remove as I need to fit something and route wires into cabin. Heard routing wires into cabin is a toughie.

Thanks

Front bumper is easier than the rear. The rear you gotta remove the tail lights. I don't know about rerouting the wires to the cabin. You running radar jammers and detectors huh? You sly dog you.:cool:

Wedgeduck 12-18-2012 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by phatz (Post 3720328)
How much does a 09 or 2010 bumper go for?

Don't go to the stealer. Check Ebay, sometimes you get really lucky. My friend bought a complete front, rear, sides plus grill for 1200 bucks from West Coast Customs because they were doing a custom bodykit install for a client and the client didn't need it.

jc_333 12-18-2012 09:31 AM

Installing parking sensors! haha

I have a faulty rear parking sensor and it seems you have to remove the rear bumper to install it? The wire for the mid left sensor is clamped down between bumper and frame. Wondering if one can go under bumper to install or need garage to install sucha simple part!?

Thanks

Originally Posted by Wedgeduck (Post 3720721)
Front bumper is easier than the rear. The rear you gotta remove the tail lights. I don't know about rerouting the wires to the cabin. You running radar jammers and detectors huh? You sly dog you.:cool:

Wedgeduck 12-18-2012 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by jc_333 (Post 3720748)
Installing parking sensors! haha

I have a faulty rear parking sensor and it seems you have to remove the rear bumper to install it? The wire for the mid left sensor is clamped down between bumper and frame. Wondering if one can go under bumper to install or need garage to install sucha simple part!?

Thanks

Seems to only way is to remove rear bumper, you don't need a garage. Go to HK Bentley dealer and get to exploded views of the bumper. Then take your time. Get another person to help you. And tape up corners on rear bumper and sensitive corners on the rear where the bumpers install. You can really stratch and dinged up corners really bad. Come to think of it, I gotta cut a hole on my front and rear bumper for a tow hook. Useful for track days. I have a few sets of bumpers. One for the bling, the other for track. If you can wait about a month, I can take pics of the removal and post them. The car is not here at the moment.

REDNOSEGT 12-22-2012 06:29 PM

will a new flying spur 4 door bumper work? or its different??

White991TT 12-23-2012 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by phatz (Post 3724518)
will a new flying spur 4 door bumper work? or its different??

No not easily. Would need modification for fitment.