6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Bentley (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/bentley-42/)
-   -   Exhaust leak.... (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/bentley/301677-exhaust-leak.html)

squirel 03-03-2013 12:37 AM

Exhaust leak....

Hello All,

An input on this forum from France. After doing a 700 km trip I was cruising in town and opened my window to get some fresh air, I then heard a strange sound coming from the passenger side, stop and listened carefully. I have an exhaust leak coming from tha side, I can smell exhaust gas in the back of the engin compartment. It seems, looking at the pictures of the engin out CGT thread about batteries, that it could come from the output of the catalyst....well I hope. ;-)
I have a 2006, 72000km, CGT. Always serviced at Bentley.
I'm going at the shop Friday morning for the diagnoses !

Has anyone had/heared of a similar issu ?

gogolchris 03-03-2013 02:44 PM

It is probably just the gasket, but if it is the down pipe or the section with the catlylitic converter, I have the parts. I converted my 05 GT to a straight through section. I am coming to France April 22nd or I can mail.
Chris Jones, Naples Florida

gogolchris 03-09-2013 09:59 AM

On my 05 they replaced the front exaust to the muffler in about 2 hours. I think that the 06 is the same in that the engine does not need to come out. You can have my piece for the cost of shipping which won't be cheap as it is 6 feet long. Perhaps the European models were different. What is the solenoid campagne?
Chris Jones

BentleyF 04-17-2013 10:38 PM

exhaust leak

mines is doing the exact same thing.. did you ever find out what this could be.. Can not see a thing but can be heard on passenger side.. hope its a gasket. from what I can see pipes look still golden color like new..

squirel 04-20-2013 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by BentleyF (Post 3824851)
mines is doing the exact same thing.. did you ever find out what this could be.. Can not see a thing but can be heard on passenger side.. hope its a gasket. from what I can see pipes look still golden color like new..

In my case it was one of the three bolts holding the pipe on the exit of the turbo. The dealer wanted to take the engine out but I managed via a mechanic to take the subframe out and with a lot of patience put a bolt back in place.

The mechanic did the same thing on a other Bentley one week before mine.

While there I checked the left turbo and all was OK.

BentleyF 04-21-2013 11:39 PM

thanks I believe mine is the same... I asked dealer in highpoint they had did one

BentleyF 06-02-2013 08:05 AM

how long did it take him? How hard is it to remove subframe? did you replace gasket or just replace bolt?

Frank ( Sunnyside ) 06-02-2013 01:09 PM

Subscribed

BentleyF 06-04-2013 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Sunnyside (Post 3862851)
Subscribed

what does that mean?

REDNOSEGT 06-04-2013 09:04 PM

Means he is subscribed so he is following the thread to see what kind of nightmare it is to do the repair lol

Frank ( Sunnyside ) 06-05-2013 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by REDNOSEGT (Post 3864697)
Means he is subscribed so he is following the thread to see what kind of nightmare it is to do the repair lol

hilarious

squirel 06-09-2013 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by BentleyF (Post 3862630)
how long did it take him? How hard is it to remove subframe? did you replace gasket or just replace bolt?

Did not replace the gasket as I did 300km with the leak only.
It took the mechanic around 8-10 hours to do the job + alignment .

Bye

Hector Torres 08-17-2017 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by squirel (Post 3827151)
In my case it was one of the three bolts holding the pipe on the exit of the turbo. The dealer wanted to take the engine out but I managed via a mechanic to take the subframe out and with a lot of patience put a bolt back in place.

The mechanic did the same thing on a other Bentley one week before mine.

While there I checked the left turbo and all was OK.

What is the phone number and name of the shop that did the work without having to remove the engine ? I'd like to speak with them concerning the same issue I am having .

PMS 08-17-2017 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by squirel (Post 3867861)
Did not replace the gasket as I did 300km with the leak only.
It took the mechanic around 8-10 hours to do the job + alignment .

Bye

If you want more specific information on the process, see this post: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...e-cat-r-r.html