Go Back  6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource > British > Bentley
Reload this Page >

Anyone ever change this bulb? Seems impossible to reach, headlamp

Notices
Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Anyone ever change this bulb? Seems impossible to reach, headlamp

Old 07-14-2017, 09:42 AM
fasttoney is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ExSF View Post
Hi.

Changing the small side light bulbs means they are brighter/whiter. It doesn't actually affect the brightness of the high beam lamps as they have a separate bulb. So, with just outer low beam and side lights, they look the same colour. Hope you get what I mean.

Les.
Got it now Les, I'm slow. thanks

Old 07-17-2017, 03:21 AM
jc333 will become famous soon enoughjc333 will become famous soon enough
Sorry just saw your reply.

I dont have a part number or brand for the LED bulb used. They are the PCB type of which mine has 16 SMT LED's.

The hole for the bulb will only fit standard size LED bulbs. Anything bigger will not fit through the bulb hole on the headlight.

I only changed the small W5W bulbs, color match is close but not 100% but sure looks much better.

J

Originally Posted by fasttoney View Post
headlIGHTS. Hello, Im looking to upgrade mine to led, for the headlights. Did you change all 4 lights?(high and low) They look like they match well. do you have a number or link to find the bulbs you used? Also, when you were explaining you install. Did 5see you mention, something didn't for correctly with the new bulb? thanks again.

Old 07-17-2017, 04:07 PM
fasttoney is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by jc333 View Post
Sorry just saw your reply.

I dont have a part number or brand for the LED bulb used. They are the PCB type of which mine has 16 SMT LED's.

The hole for the bulb will only fit standard size LED bulbs. Anything bigger will not fit through the bulb hole on the headlight.

I only changed the small W5W bulbs, color match is close but not 100% but sure looks much better.

J
Thank you J

Old 09-23-2018, 09:08 PM
Bentley45 is on a distinguished road
One of the Hardest jobs ever!

Thanks you all for this encouraging post, after 2 days

with bruised arms and hands, I almost gave up... I think the hardest part was putting the caps back on, with the fear of dropping them in the engine. So I came up with this idea in pictures below. I drilled small wholes in the tab portion of the caps and attached string on each of the caps!! 😎 They can never get lost in engine bay!

Last edited by Bentley45; 09-24-2018 at 09:01 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-02-2019, 07:16 AM
alexxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Parking light bulbs can be done at home without bumper removal

2006 Bentley Continental GT side parking light replacement both sides my experience, It took me all in 2 hours and few bruises on my hands and requires min tools and disassembly, all done and doable without any fenders, bumpers, headlight unit removals quite tricky but possible.

Old 02-02-2019, 07:19 AM
alexxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Same here, with bruises on my hands but done ✅ 🙂

Same here, with bruises on my hands but done ✅ 🙂

QUOTE=Bentley45;4740471]
Thanks you all for this encouraging post, after 2 days

with bruised arms and hands, I almost gave up... I think the hardest part was putting the caps back on, with the fear of dropping them in the engine. So I came up with this idea in pictures below. I drilled small wholes in the tab portion of the caps and attached string on each of the caps!! 😎 They can never get lost in engine bay!
[/QUOTE]

Old 02-02-2019, 07:40 AM
Bentley45 is on a distinguished road
Congratulations what a great accomplishment!! 😂 my hands just healed from this 2018 diy job 🤣