6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Bentley (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/bentley-42/)
-   -   Power boot latch closed with bootlid in opening position. How to fix? (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/bentley/314253-power-boot-latch-closed-bootlid-opening-position-how-fix.html)

Daddy C. 08-01-2013 06:27 AM

Power boot latch closed with bootlid in opening position. How to fix?

the latch of my 2010GTC has closed itself shut while the bootlid was open. I'm now unable to close the boot:mad:.
Pushing the buttons does make the bootlid close, but when the (closed) hook in the latch hits the bar in the lower part of the boot that it is supposed to grab, the bootlid thinks something is jammed and opens.
Does anybody know a way to 'open' the hook in the latch ?

stevenrmusic 08-01-2013 07:30 AM

In the 07 GTC owner's manual (Section 6, page18) it says:

Boot Lid Synchronization
In the unlikely event the boot lid does not close correctly, close the boot until 50 mm (2 inches) above the fully closed position.

Press the external button in the BENTLEY badge on the boot lid, allow the boot latch to go through its cycle.

The boot will now operate as described (read: normal)

Hope this helps, always glad to be of service.

Daddy C. 08-01-2013 08:27 AM

Thx, but doesn't cure. Latch stays closed.
Will try manual override as I have found in Assist/IETIS. ( my car does not have an emergency release). Involves some dismanteling so will have to wait a few hours.
Will let you know if this cures.

stevenrmusic 08-01-2013 09:01 AM

If you press down a bit on the boot does it then close/lock? If so, it might be a bad trunk lid shock. Just trying to help.

Daddy C. 08-01-2013 09:07 AM

No, the latch-'hook' is not giving in.
Dealer (UK) hasn't come across any such problem.
First I will check the fuse for the latch-solenoid. Have asked the dealer for location and number and am waiting for that now.

jc_333 08-01-2013 09:57 AM

Tried wiggle the latch when pressing on the B? Could be jammed and just needs a little nudge to work again.

J

Daddy C. 08-02-2013 01:06 AM

This is what the dealer's tech suggested me, basically a reset:

I have looked at the wiring diagrame, it seems that the latch is fed from the rear body control module.

If you remove the boot lid carpet panel then disconnect the latch electrical connector and the reconnect,may work ?

I think it might be worth disconnecting the battery earth lead, this is the l/h battery, then reconnect.

Good luck

I tried to look up the fuseboxes and the fuses in the owners handbook and the IETIS/ASSIST, but could not find them registered as such. Apparantly one has to interpret the electrical circuits.
It might be a good idea (GEO ?) to put an overview of fuseboxes and fuses on this forum. Anybody?

Daddy C. 08-02-2013 02:11 AM

Hello Enjoy The Music,
I stumled across one of your postings on another RR&B-forum. It reads that you have an 'Owners SERVICE' book for the GTC in which the fuseboxes and fuses are pictured and explained. I haven't.
Would you be so kind to PM those pages to me or post them, please ?

thanks,
christian

stevenrmusic 08-02-2013 03:08 AM

Christian, alas there are a variety of pages. MANY PAGES and am not destroying my book to properly scan it all in. Sorry. Best bet is to buy one as am surprised someone sold you a car without proper documentation. All good dealers include such things. Where did you buy your car?

Daddy C. 08-02-2013 05:55 AM

Steven, I contacted my dealer and the booklet was hidden in a clamp against the 'ceiling' of my glovebox. It's the same booklet the dealer puts his stamps in after service, isn't it. Never knew there was more information in it.
So I found that and checked the fuses (42 & 43 in luggage compartment). They were good. next step is running VCDS diagnostics. I'm curious if there is a fault logging.
christian

stevenrmusic 08-02-2013 08:18 AM

Daddy, am sure there is logging somewhere. Seems like it needs dealer attention :(

Daddy C. 08-02-2013 09:05 AM

Happy, Happy, Happy !

Ran VCDS diagnostics : no related faults.
Dismantled the bootlid, tried to get it unstuck by handling the manual release cable: no good, latch stayed freezed.
Then got the latch mechanism unplugged as dealer suggested and away from car. Fiddled about with it and latch-hook seemed free moving. Maybe the unplugging has made it free???
Oiled it with WD40, got it back in place.
As a precaution I emptied the trunk ( spare, jack,....) and pushed the button.
Eureka !! Done that 3 times. Hope that the latch remains in working order. It bothers me that I could not find the exact origin of the problem, hence was not able to prevent future occurence by mending or replacing, taking away the cause of the malfunction. I can't imagine how to get in the trunk if latch won't open as the manual release cable had no effect.
From Googling i'd say the other cars in the VW/Audi group are more familiar with the problem. But most of them can fold the backseats to reach the latch from the inside.
No one here had similar latch-problems?
christian

stevenrmusic 08-02-2013 10:20 AM

Glad she's fixed. Never had that problem. Sometimes mechanicals can be weird and bind :(

microboby 08-02-2013 10:37 AM

Happened to me yesterday , I used the remote to open trunk again an the latch opened. problem fixed ha ha

TridentGT 01-10-2016 08:35 AM

I had the same issue, but the key fob trick didn't work, nor did the owner's manual reset. My issue came from a dead battery with the 'boot' lid open.

I recharged the battery. I removed the interior trunk trim panel (1 screw, then pull hard, but not too hard there are 2 lights and the emergency release mechanism that have limited cords).

I tried about 20 different things, mechanically none of them worked, but WHAT DID WORK was unplugging the 'cannon plug' or connector from the lock mechanism. I let it sit for about 5 minutes then plugged it back in. The lock immediately when to through the cycle then has worked perfectly for me for the past 2 days and about 10 opening cycles. While I was in there I lubed everything up, but think it was the 'computer' hard reset that got me back in Action!

Good luck. I cry when my GT is out of commission.