Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Pre-LP Gallardo vs F430?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 10:49 PM
lilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura about
Pre-LP Gallardo vs F430?

The Gallardo is more exotic (better) looking than F430 but owning and driving a Ferrari is the ultimate dream of any motor enthusiast...

If I got the Gallardo, I might always wished I had a Ferrari. If I have the F430, I will always wish I had a cool-looking Gallardo.

Which one will you get and why?

Old 10-29-2013, 03:28 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Lambo... because the way Ferrari treats their customers (at least my experience and those of friends). Also, the Lambo can be driven in snow due to AWD while the Ferrari F430 is left in the garage utterly and helplessly stranded. Just a thought, for the same money as a used F430 you could get a GT-R which has far higher performance and with warranty too.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 10-29-2013 at 03:31 AM.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:09 AM
lilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic
Lambo... because the way Ferrari treats their customers (at least my experience and those of friends). Also, the Lambo can be driven in snow due to AWD while the Ferrari F430 is left in the garage utterly and helplessly stranded. Just a thought, for the same money as a used F430 you could get a GT-R which has far higher performance and with warranty too.
Hi enjoythemusic,

Thanks for your thought. Your point about how Ferrari treats people is definitely one of the major factors for against getting a Ferrari -Jay Leno still does not have a Ferrari.

Being exclusive is nice but no one likes to kiss-*** in order to spend his money.

Old 10-29-2013, 02:05 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by lilo1980
The Gallardo is more exotic (better) looking than F430 but owning and driving a Ferrari is the ultimate dream of any motor enthusiast...

If I got the Gallardo, I might always wished I had a Ferrari. If I have the F430, I will always wish I had a cool-looking Gallardo.

You just stated the ultimate now you must go for it.

I drove the F430 and loved it and sat in the Gallardo but did not even fit. Sad to say i did not get a test drive of the Lambo.

Old 10-29-2013, 06:33 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
I have driven both, actually much more time on a track with many different models of the newest gallardo's and the Aventador....... I would always get the Ferrari. The Lambo's look good but so does the Ferrari. I think they are pretty equal in most regards except the way they feel and the way you feel when you drive them. The way Ferrari treats its customers as much as we don't like it, it keeps the cars from depreciating like Lambo's and most other car makers.
You will be happy with either one, but see how you feel after a test drive.

Old 10-30-2013, 06:36 PM
ek1
ek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura about
Guys, please help me understand something. My Bentley dealership also sells Ferraris and I was over there a while ago test driving an FF (loved it). The people at the dealership were super nice. Yet I keep hearing (from multiple sources) about how bad Ferrari treats their customers. What am I missing?

Old 10-30-2013, 10:23 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Perhaps it is the dealer and model of car, yet in general costs can be higher than expected to service. For the 308 and some friends more modern cars a few years back Ferrari NA was a nightmare. They fired the only great guy I ever dealt with (@ Ferrari UK). Maybe they have learned their lesson from a few years back when a very bad sentiment was propagating online from owners? But as they say thrice bitten once shy.... or something like that.

Ferrari? No thanks, as they pissed off someone multiple times to the point where yes, I have to post comments accordingly. Am simply the messenger and others seem to feel the same way. Again, perhaps you have a great dealer, but I still wonder about in-warranty repairs as years ago.... Maybe the heightened competition with McLaren, GT-R, etc have humbled the Prancing Horse? Am not one to find out and do not regret saying so online. It takes a lot to upset me, so please think about all the time I chose to take typing this out... and why.

Bentley.... love 'em. The Boston dealer is excellent and their service dept gets huge thumbs up. Have suggested them to various friends and when driving and people ask about it I direct them to the Boston Dealer.

Old 10-31-2013, 11:04 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I was at the used car dealer last night and they had a F 430, a Gallardo, a Maserati Granturismo, a F California and a Bentley GTC Side by side by side. Stunning line up, enough to give a man a stiffy.

At the end of the day they started ten all except the Gallaro and it was lovely. I have to admit I liked the F430 more than the Lambo, the Cali way over the Maserati and the B was most practical.

I believe Enjoythemusic speaks truth out of experience but I'm the kind of guy that knowing full well will still dive head first into a pile of chit if I had the hots to.

I'm glad I drove off in my car but that darn Cali was a contender.

Old 10-31-2013, 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
...but I'm the kind of guy that knowing full well will still dive head first into a pile of chit if I had the hots to.
Yup, they go for emotion, which is a great marketing strategy over common sense when it comes to humans. Believe me, I do 'get it' and understand my friend. Besides, it's only currency and they are printing trillions of it every month. Just be safe because no amount of currency can replace you my friend.

One of my friends likes to always say Barnum was right.

Besides, if you truly want performance there is the Ariel Atom, the GT-R and many other far less costly options for Sunday driving. If you love the track, for $35k get a Zetec Formula 2000 car and it'll pass most of those cars in the twisties with ease... and it is very cheap to fix too (easy DIY stuff imho). As a daily driver on public roadways, we all know which one wins hands down.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 10-31-2013 at 01:07 PM.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:20 PM
Just be safe because no amount of currency can replace you my friend.
I do enjoy verbally sporting with you. You can see me act the fool and still respect and appreciate me.

Now why don't we throw in the Aston Martin V12V for consideration. It never wins any performance competition and lives wholly on emotion and nostalgic charm. Truthfully I might rather have one of these than the other two.

Old 10-31-2013, 03:03 PM
Oh, forgot to mention that with the Ferrari you get plenty of young boys and men admiring you. Hmm, pedophiles could benefit quite a bit there.

With the Aston Martin (and Bentley) the ladies / women admire your good taste. So maybe it all really depends on your preferences.

PS: Whatever you choose, will still respect you in the morning.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 10-31-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:49 AM
Lamborghini Fanatic
LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !LeoLambo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lilo1980

They both look amazing! fasts, sound amazing but.... Gallardos are more reliable thanks to AUDI...

By the way 2004 Gallardos are holding good the price... i just bought a 2004 with 6k miles for 104k

Old 11-02-2013, 09:26 AM
cdavis43 is on a distinguished road
I have only driven the LP spyder and 458 so i cant say lol.

Cliff

Old 11-03-2013, 09:46 AM
FUTURESTAR is on a distinguished road
I had an 06 G and it was amazing. Loved every minute of it but wanted one practical daily driver so sold it and picked up a Bentley GT. I do miss the G at times though and will definitely get another one down the road some!

Old 11-04-2013, 08:01 AM
Oh, forgot to mention that with the Ferrari you get plenty of young boys and men admiring you. Hmm, pedophiles could benefit quite a bit there.

With the Aston Martin (and Bentley) the ladies / women admire your good taste. So maybe it all really depends on your preferences.

PS: Whatever you choose, will still respect you in the morning.
That was a true LOL post. Note to self, avoid Ferrari.

I went to avery large car show this weekend and saw a few Ferrari's that were nice but one guy showed up in full racing Ferrari wear, including the shoes. I heard people making fun of him and I agreed that it was overdone. There was one Lambo Aventador there.

The more I talk to these guys the more deeply I realize that they rarely drive their cars. I pour gas through mine likes it's free.

Never see a Mclaren or Aston.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pre-LP Gallardo vs F430?