Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Pilot Super Sport vs A/S 3?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 05:39 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Alas, not a clue on the back rest light/solution. Wish I knew more Maybe BentleyTech knows? The car looks great

Old 12-16-2014, 07:25 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Sorry can't help with the back rest light issue. I do see your dilemma with the DB9 vs GT. I think the DB9 is the only car that I would consider as a contender to the GT. Thats a tough choice. Have you drove both? I have only driven the V8V and it is not an equal car.

Old 12-18-2014, 12:08 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
Sorry can't help with the back rest light issue. I do see your dilemma with the DB9 vs GT. I think the DB9 is the only car that I would consider as a contender to the GT. Thats a tough choice. Have you drove both? I have only driven the V8V and it is not an equal car.
1. Backseat rest is "Fixed" maybe temporarily. In moving the seats to polish the center console in the back, and to treat the leather all over the back, the light now doesn't show up at all. Originally the light didn't bother me, but the beeping did. It would beep like once every 4 sec and after 1 min it would stop, then maybe beep again every 15min. Not a huge big deal. Then it randomly started to beep consistent for 30min straight. I was ready to find the beeper and stab it to make it stop. NOW------ it doesn't even come on, so we will see.

2. I have driven both the V8V and DB9's. The V8 doesn't compare as a sport luxury it is meant to battle the 911 and be a luxury sports car. Power is not bad, could use a little more. Also very tight fit in them. Where the B is spacious. The DB9, is a wonderful car, still tight (high center console, small sports drivers and pass area), but a big car so to speak and with the v12. Long comfortable sports cruiser. More sporty for sure than the B, but tighter fit, and more sporty. The B is the DD comfortable, quiet, smooth, smile producing also, easy to drive and easy to get in and out of, classy type. The AM is more of an event everywhere you go, but to a degree the B is too. I feel that it kinda keeps a subtle appearance. People don't know what it really is unless they see the front. Then they do. I find with a Maserati or AM people approach you all the time where the B they just nod or as a guy did today Salute me as I drove past

Nice to have both maybe I will be doing a full write up for Paint Correction on this one tonight or tomorrow. I got about a 98% correction, save the deep scratches or chips (touching those up this afternoon) so Steppe will be pleased as usual. I found the paint one of the easiest to work with also, beats my Merc hands down (they are an absolute pain) so this PC was pure therapy for me.

Old 12-19-2014, 02:34 PM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Ive just come across this review on the A/S 3's . Very interesting reading and from what I can make out the all season basically blew away all its competitors for both wet and dry tyres.

http://flatsixes.com/porsche-product...ot-sport-as-3/

Don't let the Porsche bit put you off, there not testing them on a Porka.
Frank

Old 10-16-2016, 09:15 AM
JCITAtom993 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Help finding Michelin SS AS3 tires for my 2011 C4S Targa

Hi all- Discount Tire and Tire Rack websites both claim that these tires are NOT available for my vehicle...............any thoughts/any suggestions? I have an opportunity to switch out my Super Sports (with about 1/2 life left) for 4 new Michelins, but really do NOT want only summer high perf tires, as we live in Indy where there is a tough winter, requiring some better-handling foul weather tires....

Appreciate any help!

Old 10-16-2016, 11:14 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Get a second set of used 19" rims with snow tires. For years I used the Blizzak and they were excellent. A used set of 19" rims were about $800 on eBay, and the California shop also sold tires so they made me a package deal.

Old 10-16-2016, 01:33 PM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Ive just priced up some winter boots for my GT. £375 gbp per Tyre. Same speed rating, width and profile as my summer tyres. Just got to put my hand into my pockets an find the money

Old 06-20-2017, 03:22 PM
BruceR is on a distinguished road
This is an older thread but I have new information that I hope anyone reading will find helpful. I have an 09 GTC with 21K that I bought three years ago and I've always thought the ride is harsh no matter how the adjustments are set. The OEM Pirelli's were near the end of their life so I did as I have always done since 1972 when replacing tires - looked at what Michelin has to offer. In 45 years of buying tires I have always found that Michelin dramatically improves the ride and handling - from that 1970 AMC Hornet to today's Bentley it remains true.
I had Costco install a set of Pilot Super Sport A/S 3+ and I couldn't be happier (out the door for $1k + tax). The difference in ride comfort and handling is dramatically better and the tires are very quiet. I live in Florida so an All-Season tire is perfect and 85 MPH on Alligator Alley is as fast as I will ever go so the benefits of this tire are worth the loss of whatever racing benefits a high performance tire would offer.