Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Roof Fault

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 08:01 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Roof Fault

I well I did it last night. I had Merrymicrobe in the car with me and hit the gas before the roof completed it's cycle resulting in the fault code. The roof still works fine but the warning persists. Is there any way I can get it off or do I need to drive the four hours to the dealer?

Old 08-04-2014, 08:09 AM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
Assuming the roof is working properly, will the fault not clear itself after (n) miles of driving? If that fails, anyone with the VAS 5054A diagnostic computer can clear the code. Possibly the VAG system can also clear it.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:17 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by PMS
Assuming the roof is working properly, will the fault not clear itself after (n) miles of driving? If that fails, anyone with the VAS 5054A diagnostic computer can clear the code. Possibly the VAG system can also clear it.
I was hoping it would self cure. There is no real fault with the roof just with the driver.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:29 AM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
You can always try the old "battery disconnect" trick. Simply remove the negative terminal on the starter battery first and then the negative terminal on the "house" battery next. Wait 30 seconds and reconnect in the reverse order. It may take a few minutes for everything to get back into sync (e.g. your trunk may not close properly at first) and you may have to initialize your side windows, but that's a simple procedure.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:36 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Hmm, give it time and few successful cycles to see if it clears itself. Perhaps your local indy can simply clear the code?

Old 08-04-2014, 09:21 AM
I will give it some time and see what happens. It would be easier(lazy) for me to have the indy try and clear the code. I hate to have to re-initialize all the windows and seats. I know I have done it. If there has an easier and cheaper way i want it.

Hum?????? easy and cheap???? sounds like the perfect woman????

Old 08-04-2014, 10:24 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
During a THOROUGH roof cleaning/treatment with 303 Fabric Cleaner and then the 303 Fabric Guard I, too, got a roof fault code on the center dash. It was due to keeping the top at about half-mast for 10 minutes. The code on the center dash cleared itself soon afterwards, so there is hope! If not, am guessing any code clearing device should solve it as it did with the false air problem we were troubleshooting (before she finally went in for the engine out service for the known bad hose behind the engine).

Bottom line, give it time and if it stay on and annoys you then try any good code clearing device.

Old 08-05-2014, 03:20 AM
bentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of light
code will not clear, you will need to use a vas or rosstech or similar. overspeed warning will be registered.

Old 08-05-2014, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by bentleytech
code will not clear, you will need to use a vas or rosstech or similar. overspeed warning will be registered.
Somehow I suspected as much. There is no roof fault. It works fine. I suspect a plot to get you back to the dealer so he can sell you something that you did not want in the first place.

Old 08-07-2014, 03:08 AM
bentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of light
most dealers will clear it for free, i know we used to.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by bentleytech
most dealers will clear it for free, i know we used to.
I will visit my local indy where I bough the car and where are the service has been done so far. Surely they have the computer gadgets to deal with the codes. Thanks so much for the information.