Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

Winter Alloys and tyres

Old 09-12-2014, 05:16 PM
harshaw79 is on a distinguished road
Winter Alloys and tyres

Hi,

I want to buy a set of alloys to put my winter tyres on rather than use the alloys which have my summer tyres on.

1) Does anyone have an used set to sell in the UK ?
2) Does anyone know a aftermarket firm where i can buy a set of alloy wheels for less than what the dealer is charging me (£6500 for a set of alloys and tyres)

Old 09-12-2014, 05:42 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Am in the States, yet i found a set of 19" Bentley rims on eBay for $800. No one seems to want the 19" so they 'upgrade' to larger ones. A word of note, whilst the UK does not get much snow we get it by the meter overnight. Thus they sand/salt the roadways here, so i suggest single-piece rims. Hope this helps and the Bentley GT/GTC are truly fun and amazing in the snow. As for tyres, i find the Blizzak LM60 to work impressively well.

Old 09-12-2014, 05:51 PM
Thanks Steven,
I did not realize that i could fit 19" rims on the continental supersports..

do you have the specs for the tyres for the 19" rims ?

Old 09-12-2014, 07:03 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Ahh, i didn't see you mention it was an SS and you need 20 or 21 minimum as i recall due to brake clearance. You are, well... into far higher pricing plus as i recall the fronts are different size than rears. So you truly are out of luck for bargain hunting.

Contact Flying Spares as they might be able to provide a nice discount.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 09-12-2014 at 07:30 PM.
Old 09-13-2014, 04:53 AM
Also, I have not managed to find a single winter tyre with load rating 105 for the spec 275/35/20.

can anyone recommend a tyre/website i can find this ?

Old 09-13-2014, 05:19 AM
I used www.tirerack.com to find out the Blizzak LM60 in the size 275/45R19 are 108H XL rated and handle 2205 lbs each. The 255/50R20 are 109H XL rated and handle 2271 lbs, so those are the ones to get imho. There is much debate about wider versus narrow snow tires.
JMHO.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 09-13-2014 at 05:32 AM.
Old 09-13-2014, 05:31 AM
hmm, funnily, I am able to find 19" tyres with load rating 105 but not 20"..

Old 09-13-2014, 05:39 AM
108 is better than 105 http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tirete....jsp?techid=35 . Perhaps you should simply go to the dealer and let them install the tyres and rims so you can rest easy as you know they say they are ok.

My favorite time of year is summer top down and winter snow. Especially the snow as it is akin to a car control clinic.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	bentley_gtc_snow1.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	332.9 KB
ID:	401665   Click image for larger version

Name:	bentley_gtc_snow2.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	240.1 KB
ID:	401666  

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 09-13-2014 at 05:57 AM.
Old 09-13-2014, 06:03 AM
yes, i understand, thank you. I am waiting for the dealer to confirm the tyres they would fit to the SS. They have sent me an email with the specs Pirellis Sottozeros II 275/35/20 but not load or speed ratings..

on the websites i can only find 275/35/20 102W for winter tyres(Michelin Alpin PA4 and Pirellis Sottozeros II)

So I will be interested in seeing what the dealer would use as the summer tyres have a load rating of 105.

Tirerack does not have 275/35/20 tyres with load rating 105.

Old 11-04-2014, 02:40 AM
Hi All,
Its me again with questions on winter tyres...

After many phone calls and research the dealer finally confirmed that Bentley Winter tyres only have load rating of 102 and not 105 like their summer tyres.

The recommended winter tyre size rating is 275/35/20 102W.

Both Michelin(PA4) and Pirelli(Sottozero 270) do these sizes.

My question is can anyone please share their comments/feedback on these 2 tyres. The Pirellis are slightly cheaper and recommended by Bentley but the Michelins are highly rated by users.

Thnx

Old 11-09-2014, 05:07 PM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by harshaw79
Hi All,

After many phone calls and research the dealer finally confirmed that Bentley Winter tyres only have load rating of 102 and not 105 like their summer tyres.

My question is can anyone please share their comments/feedback on these 2 tyres. The Pirellis are slightly cheaper and recommended by Bentley but the Michelins are highly rated by users.

Thnx

I'm, in a similar situation. I want to do Germany this winter and have an 08 Speed on 20" rims. I need to find true winter tyres that will go on the 20" rims. I don't want to have 2 sets of wheels

Old 10-29-2019, 11:40 AM
kongolo is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by harshaw79
Hi All,

Thnx
Did you have ever choose between these 2 tyres?

Old 10-29-2019, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by Rico.Adams
K ... this thread is 5 years old ... Lol ...
Ha ha yes I just realised that after posting ... well it's Halloween soon

Old 10-30-2019, 02:13 AM
Originally Posted by kongolo
Did you have ever choose between these 2 tyres?
Michelin is what I chose but I would not compare winter in the UK to the one across in the US. I use Michelins on all my cars...

Old 10-30-2019, 02:23 AM
I'm in the UK as well. What rim size and load rating do you have on your Michelins? There's a debate ongoing about the correct load index for 20" rim sizes.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Winter Alloys and tyres