Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

San Francisco Bay Area Bentley Independent Shop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 11:00 AM
cl600bill is on a distinguished road
San Francisco Bay Area Bentley Independent Shop

Does anyone use a qualified independent shop in the San Francisco Bay Area. Looking for one on the Peninsula as I live in Menlo Park. Closest Bentley dealers are in San Francisco and Los Gatos both about 30 miles away. Can do oil changes at close by VW dealer. Thanks for any recommendation.

Old 12-08-2014, 10:18 AM
spyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to beholdspyder997s is a splendid one to behold
I have an Aston Martin, similarly British I suppose, but completely different in many ways.

I've taken it to two places:
Roselli foreign car repair in San Jose
J&G automotive in Marin (San Rafael)

Both very clean independent shops that specialize in British cars. Check out the yelp reviews and other forums. Ferrichat really likes roselli, as he works on Italian makes also.

Both shops are pretty friendly too and can give you price quotes.

Old 12-08-2014, 11:50 AM
Spyder, thanks, I'll check out Roselli --- not too far from me .

Old 04-21-2017, 10:44 AM
jim2331 can only hope to improve
...hello Bill...you still in the City...how has Roselli worked out...hear good things about him...what end of town are you and year, model and color...thanks JimB

Old 04-21-2017, 02:38 PM
Now living on the peninsula in Menlo Park. My Continental GT is a 2006 Dark Sapphire with 14,000 miles. Roselli is in San Jose. I had him install new batteries which cured all of the random codes being thrown at startup.

Old 10-23-2017, 10:27 AM
Martin Perri is an unknown quantity at this point
Roselli Work Shop

I am trying to find an independent mechanic also, have you since had any further work done from this shop? I live in Carmel and its a distance anywhere to have work performed and just want to make the right decision, its always a risk but my other Bentley had taken to Dealer in Los Gatos and wasnt happy with their prices or customer service. looking to have Air Strutt replaced for now.

Old 10-23-2017, 11:48 AM
Martin, I've not had any other service done at Roselli Foreign Car Repair in San Jose but that's where I would take the Bentley again. I assume you looked them up on Yelp but another suggestion would be to drop in the shop sometime when you are up that way, take a look around, talk to Roberto and get a quote on the strut replacement. For a new service location, I always like to look at the organization of the shop and observe the technicians firsthand. As Yogi Berra said something like "You can observe a lot by just watching."

Old 10-23-2017, 12:07 PM
Thanks Bill,

I am planning on taking a trip to visit the shop, always best to get a feel for the environment, I did locate a Gentleman here in Prunedale also which he is from UK and I understand that he works on a few Bentley's in the Pebble Beach Area, so I will also check him out as well. Thanks for getting back to me on this subject. have a great day.

Old 10-25-2017, 01:26 PM
wsuhottboi is on a distinguished road
Hey guys, I live in Union City, CA also go to rosellies foreign car shop. I ve had batteries window motors fuel pumps oil changes etc. from rosellies and they are really good and cheaper than the dealer, but this time around I have a vacuum leak and the engine tranny needs to be dropped. I have a 2005 blk bentley gt 86k miles and they quoted me 8000. Another member who lives in the east coast said there is a shop in his area that does the same job for 3800. So I'm looking for another shop that might give me a lower quote. I would love to take it to Rosellis but 8 grand is too much for me at the moment.

Old 10-25-2017, 04:53 PM
You might get a dealer quote so you have a benchmark and you might not feel so bad about $8000 when you see their price. I assume you have had it diagnosed to make certain it is definitely a vacuum line that requires engine out. You might also call Acme Car Service in Hayward http://www.acmecar.com/ for a quote. I had my CL600 oil cooler engine out repair done in Oregon for $3500 when Bay Area Mercedes dealer was over $6000. I cite this only to show that Bay Area labor costs and shop rental expense is so much more than in some other parts of the country.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 10-27-2017 at 12:07 PM.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:32 PM
I had an 2005 GT that had a Vacuum Leak the dealer was a lot more than 8000 at that time over four years ago. I ended up trading it and not dealing with the whole engine pull issue the dealer was a master mechanic and took car if it. I don’t know what the original estimate was could have been double the quote you have. There is a new mechanic that I am dealing with here close by that works on Bently PM and I can share the info if you are interested.
Martin

Old 10-25-2017, 08:45 PM
Martin, yes, please do share

Old 10-25-2017, 09:38 PM
wobentleyrepair@gmail.com

His name is Terry

Old 10-25-2017, 09:44 PM
Thanks, is he your guy in Pebble Beach area?

Old 10-25-2017, 09:48 PM
Yes this is the one, he came recommend via MBZ mechanic here so I have not worked with him but I understand he is very very good, a true UK chap. I am going to work with him soon in my air strut and changing out a trunk lid emblem and some minor cosmetic stuff, in my dialogue he is into diagnostic and not just jumping in and assuming. We will see.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: San Francisco Bay Area Bentley Independent Shop