Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

2019 gt steering wheel conversion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2019, 11:07 AM
Onxygtc is an unknown quantity at this point
2019 gt steering wheel conversion

Hi all,
New to the site today so forgive me if this has been asked before, i have searched but cannot find anything, my question is: will a new type 2019 GT steering wheel fit a 2017 GTC ? Just really like the look of the 2019 version. Thanks Guy's

Old 08-31-2019, 11:57 AM
Onxygtc is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Rico.Adams
Hello Onxygtc ... Welcome to our Bentley forum ... Yes your right it was mentioned a little while ago on one of the threads, No its not possible to upgrade to a 2019 as the paddle shifts are build into the wheel ... The thread is on page 3 dated 08-08-2019 ...
Awesome, thank you so much for your reply,

Old 09-02-2019, 11:23 AM
nguyennhatquang has a spectacular aura aboutnguyennhatquang has a spectacular aura about
I wonder can we retrofit an 2012 Infotainment screen with the new Instrument cluster on our car?
that will be great idea... I heard the 2012 one has Sim card slot for 3G and Google Map

Old 09-03-2019, 05:42 AM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by nguyennhatquang
I wonder can we retrofit an 2012 Infotainment screen with the new Instrument cluster on our car?
that will be great idea... I heard the 2012 one has Sim card slot for 3G and Google Map
Hi NG,

I cannot answer this, but yes, the newer system is far ahead of what we have. You are working with the right guys here. Rico Adams, Johnny Hotspur and TeamJones are the smart guys with this stuff!

Luckily, I only need AM radio and I am just fine....haha....Comes with older age....LOL...

Old 09-03-2019, 06:25 AM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by BWings
Hi NG,

I cannot answer this, but yes, the newer system is far ahead of what we have. You are working with the right guys here. Rico Adams, Johnny Hotspur and TeamJones are the smart guys with this stuff!

Luckily, I only need AM radio and I am just fine....haha....Comes with older age....LOL...
Thanks for the shout out but I’ll give this one to Johnny and Rico 😂

In my head I’ll want the radio and amp from the same model. Do a cross reference just to make sure the ECU for the radio (steering wheel controls/sensor chimes) would work along with the antenna and Siruis plugs. Then I would find a very good audio shop that does fiberglass and have them mold the radio into the dash after I ran all the correct wiring from the dash.
That’s doing alot so in reality I’ll just call Johnny and ask him for his advice and go from there 😂 😂

Old 09-03-2019, 10:04 AM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Rico.Adams
Sir please AM, does AM still work I have no idea haven been on AM for 3 decades ... Lol ... Mr BWings go onto DAB jazz fm you'll love it ...
I just need to know how to turn on AM. Can one of you smart guys tell me where the **** is for that?

I have no use for anything else like NAV. Heck, at my age I've been everywhere, so I know where everything is. Who needs some electronic map and an electronic voice yacking at me to turn here; or, you've just missed the last stop, now make a U-turn.....haha

Bad enough that the fetching Mrs. is still at that age where every place we go she has her phone going. I'm constantly getting "cross talk" "In 400 feet turn left....TURN LEFT" I already know that!!! Tell me what the stockmarket is doing tomorrow...THAT'S WHAT I DON'T KNOW!