6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Bentley (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/bentley-42/)
-   -   OBD code issue P1924 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/bentley/358638-obd-code-issue-p1924.html)

Frank ( Sunnyside ) 02-19-2015 12:32 PM

OBD code issue P1924

I decided to put the VAS on the GT today having been on a weeks driving holiday after I got it tuned.

The 2 fault codes I have are P1924 for engine ecu bank 1 Control Module Pin Coding Implausible signal/ intermittent

And

014 Air quality sensor G238 Faulty / intermittent.

I'm not too bothered about the air quality sensor atm but the control module has me wondering ?

I've read out the codes, logged them and cleared them and both have cleared.

What sort of pees me off is that's all I can find out about the P1924 code. I cant find any reference to OBD fault codes in the Bently IETIS system ...........is that correct or am I missing a trick .

Also I thought the VAS5054A would have had a bit more about the P1924 code but I used the diagnostic / fault finding part of it and came up with very little just that it had occurred and was intermittent.

Can any one help fill me on better fault finding techniques . Its not the fact I had the P1924 code as I suspect when the ecu's were removed to be re-mapped/ data changed then some thing might have had to be done to the pin coding to get into it..........its the fact I can find extra information on the fault.

thanks,
Frank

bentleytech 02-27-2015 01:21 PM

the fault codes are all on a diagnostic disc, wt 3000 is part number (recheck prefix), did you have something done with the ECM to get more HP because there might be your issue. All depends on version software u are running in Vas but if you go into Vehicle Self Diag and you can get all your MVB (measured value blocks) up and see what is going on live, there is a list of the MVB but do not have to it hand, are you in contact with PMS because i had same questions from him.

Frank ( Sunnyside ) 02-27-2015 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by bentleytech (Post 4299280)
the fault codes are all on a diagnostic disc, wt 3000 is part number (recheck prefix), did you have something done with the ECM to get more HP because there might be your issue. All depends on version software u are running in Vas but if you go into Vehicle Self Diag and you can get all your MVB (measured value blocks) up and see what is going on live, there is a list of the MVB but do not have to it hand, are you in contact with PMS because i had same questions from him.

Thanks, Yes we are chatting by e-mail. Were in Fuerteventura atm and I'm having e-mail issues so haven't been able to chat with him for a few days now.
The extra power did come from a rework of both ecu's and the chap did say he had to modify the code to get into the ecu's. I thought it might have been something like that.
As to MVB's I will have a play next time I have the car out, thanks.