Notices
Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Replacing Battery in Continental GT key fob

Old 03-10-2015, 03:54 PM
Nathan Clark is on a distinguished road
Replacing Battery in Continental GT key fob

Hi All

The warning light on my dash said low battery key so I replaced the battery(C2032) but it still says battery low

Has anyone else had this issue in a 2009 GT

Thanks

Old 10-30-2015, 12:35 PM
kimpearsonusa is on a distinguished road
I just got the same message. Have owned the 2009 GT for just under two years. Last time I replaced the key fob battery it worked fine. This time I still get the battery low warning. Replaced the new battery with another new battery which I checked on a volt meter.

It reads 3.4 volts. but I am still getting the key battery low warning each time, but the car starts fine???????

Must be some way to reset it.

Kim

Old 11-02-2015, 07:08 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Some times my car will flash "key not found" even after it's been started. It goes off and all is well I did replace my fob battery a couple years ago may be time to replace it again. I change my Motorcycle fob batteries out every other year.

Old 11-02-2015, 07:20 AM
kimpearsonusa is on a distinguished road
When my battery was low I got the key not found warning and some times I had to insert the key to start the car. I replaced the fob battery and car starts fine but still got the battery low warning.

I went out and got a new battery and checked it with my meter. It showed a solid 3.45 volts. Car starts fine but I still have the warning message and it never goes away.

Wonder if there is some way to reset it? Maybe I should unhook both car batteries for a few minutes? Any ideas.

Kim

Old 11-02-2015, 07:57 AM
PMS
PMS is a jewel in the roughPMS is a jewel in the roughPMS is a jewel in the roughPMS is a jewel in the rough
I had the same issue until I replaced the battery in BOTH key fobs.

Old 11-02-2015, 12:16 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by kimpearsonusa View Post
When my battery was low I got the key not found warning and some times I had to insert the key to start the car. I replaced the fob battery and car starts fine but still got the battery low warning.

I went out and got a new battery and checked it with my meter. It showed a solid 3.45 volts. Car starts fine but I still have the warning message and it never goes away.

Wonder if there is some way to reset it? Maybe I should unhook both car batteries for a few minutes? Any ideas.

Kim
I do not recommend unhooking both the car batteries. You may have to re-initialize all kinds of stuff. What if that did not fix the problem and now you have even more work?

Old 01-08-2019, 01:09 PM
Gene G has much to be proud ofGene G has much to be proud ofGene G has much to be proud ofGene G has much to be proud ofGene G has much to be proud ofGene G has much to be proud ofGene G has much to be proud ofGene G has much to be proud ofGene G has much to be proud of
I replaced the key battery and still had the message. I reset the service indicator and the key message cleared. I guess that when the dealers do your annual service that the replace the key battery and reset the service indicator.