Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Replacing Battery in Continental GT key fob

Old 03-10-2015, 03:54 PM
Nathan Clark is on a distinguished road
Replacing Battery in Continental GT key fob

Hi All

The warning light on my dash said low battery key so I replaced the battery(C2032) but it still says battery low

Has anyone else had this issue in a 2009 GT

Thanks

Old 10-30-2015, 12:35 PM
kimpearsonusa is on a distinguished road
I just got the same message. Have owned the 2009 GT for just under two years. Last time I replaced the key fob battery it worked fine. This time I still get the battery low warning. Replaced the new battery with another new battery which I checked on a volt meter.

It reads 3.4 volts. but I am still getting the key battery low warning each time, but the car starts fine???????

Must be some way to reset it.

Kim

Old 11-02-2015, 07:08 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Some times my car will flash "key not found" even after it's been started. It goes off and all is well I did replace my fob battery a couple years ago may be time to replace it again. I change my Motorcycle fob batteries out every other year.

Old 11-02-2015, 07:20 AM
kimpearsonusa is on a distinguished road
When my battery was low I got the key not found warning and some times I had to insert the key to start the car. I replaced the fob battery and car starts fine but still got the battery low warning.

I went out and got a new battery and checked it with my meter. It showed a solid 3.45 volts. Car starts fine but I still have the warning message and it never goes away.

Wonder if there is some way to reset it? Maybe I should unhook both car batteries for a few minutes? Any ideas.

Kim

Old 11-02-2015, 07:57 AM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
I had the same issue until I replaced the battery in BOTH key fobs.

Old 11-02-2015, 12:16 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by kimpearsonusa
When my battery was low I got the key not found warning and some times I had to insert the key to start the car. I replaced the fob battery and car starts fine but still got the battery low warning.

I went out and got a new battery and checked it with my meter. It showed a solid 3.45 volts. Car starts fine but I still have the warning message and it never goes away.

Wonder if there is some way to reset it? Maybe I should unhook both car batteries for a few minutes? Any ideas.

Kim
I do not recommend unhooking both the car batteries. You may have to re-initialize all kinds of stuff. What if that did not fix the problem and now you have even more work?

Old 01-08-2019, 01:09 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
I replaced the key battery and still had the message. I reset the service indicator and the key message cleared. I guess that when the dealers do your annual service that the replace the key battery and reset the service indicator.