Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Standard rear subwoofers - where are they?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 03:44 PM
mrwhitebrow is on a distinguished road
Standard rear subwoofers - where are they?

Hi,

I've got a MY 2007 Flying Spur Mulliner - and I love it. However, the stereo in the rear has virtually no bass. We did a plug in diagnostic check - and it shows a fault code for a rear subwoofer.

My question is - where are the rear subwoofers? The front speakers sound great, with bass and treble etc - but the rear bass is non existent. Has anyone had this problem?

I'm hoping a connection has come loose - but I need to look at it first. Any pointers would be fantastic!

Thanks in advance - this is my first post on the forum.

Old 04-23-2015, 01:26 PM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
Here are the instructions for a 2009. I assume the 2007 FS is the same. If you need diagrams, please PM me.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
woofer.pdf (25.8 KB, 111 views)
Old 04-23-2015, 03:34 PM
mrwhitebrow is on a distinguished road
Thanks

Thanks for the PDF - much appreciated. On looking more closely, it's actually the near side rear door sub - the lower speaker behind the lower grill.

The sheet you kindly sent was actually for the NAIM upgrade - but mines standard.

I don't suppose you know how to access the lower speaker in rear door so I can check the connections? I'm hoping it's just worked loose with the door closing over time....

Thanks in advance

Old 09-20-2019, 11:50 AM
aero-hot is an unknown quantity at this point
OSR door speakers not working

Hi, did you manage to get to the bottom of this? My OSR speakers are completely dead. I can't believe it's a speaker or Amp issue.

Old 09-21-2019, 12:13 AM
Rico.Adams is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by mrwhitebrow
Hi,

I've got a MY 2007 Flying Spur Mulliner - and I love it. However, the stereo in the rear has virtually no bass. We did a plug in diagnostic check - and it shows a fault code for a rear subwoofer.

My question is - where are the rear subwoofers? The front speakers sound great, with bass and treble etc - but the rear bass is non existent. Has anyone had this problem?

I'm hoping a connection has come loose - but I need to look at it first. Any pointers would be fantastic!

Thanks in advance - this is my first post on the forum.
Hello ... are you saying there is no bass from the rear doors or there is no sound from the rear doors, do you have any sound at the rear of the doors.
If both doors hasn't got sound then this fault could be at the amp or even the head unit, if one of the doors is missing sound from all or one speaker then as you say it could be just a speaker connection issue, there are a couple of ways you could test this depending how technical you are, 1. you could un-plug the amp & test it from the plugs but then you going need a audio system drawing which includes speaker wiring colour codes, which you can find on some of the threads on this forum between pages 2 & 4, or 2. remove the door card & check the speaker connection/s, the main problem is water, these cars do have a problem with water damage to the speakers it could be you have a blown speaker in which case it will be a simple change over or a bad connection again simple fix.
Let us know which way you want to go we can guide you through the process ...

Last edited by Rico.Adams; 09-21-2019 at 04:07 AM.