Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

2005 Bentley GT - Door Chime Stopped Working, Help Please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 08:47 PM
Bent is on a distinguished road
2005 Bentley GT - Door Chime Stopped Working, Help Please

Was wondering if anyone could help me. I have a 2005 Bentley GT. For the past month the door chime (when the doors are left open, or if I accidentally leave the headlights when I turned the car off) started sounding like it was blown out. It would buzz, but not the normal chirping sound. Then yesterday the door buzzer completely stopped working. When I leave the lights on, or if the door is open there is no buzzer to let me know. I also realized that my blinkers to not “buzz/beep/click” when the blinker is on (The lights work ok, just no noise). Anyone know where the door chime/buzzer is located and how to access it? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-24-2015, 03:06 PM
bentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of light
check all the fuses for the DIP unit. The buzzer,chime is located inside it, i believe.

Old 04-24-2015, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by bentleytech
check all the fuses for the DIP unit. The buzzer,chime is located inside it, i believe.
Thank you very much. Just curious what the DIP unit is or where I can locate it. Thank you Bentleytech

Old 04-24-2015, 04:23 PM
bentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of light
Drivers Information Panel, there are a total of three fuses located in the dashboard, driver seat kick well, use a flashlite and look under steering wheel, either a release handle for panel to access fuses or just a pull down, just check all fuses if you are not sure which are the ones, good luck

Old 04-24-2015, 04:34 PM
Excellent, thank you very much. Going to check it out. I appreciate your help