Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Chipped sidewall...opinions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 10:12 PM
lefizzet is on a distinguished road
Chipped sidewall...opinions?

Do you think it's necessary to replace the tire? The tear is very small but from what I've read sidewall damage is nothing to mess around with. Thanks.

Old 06-25-2015, 02:36 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
It doesn't look too bad, try a bit of superglue.
I would be more annoyed about the wheel damage to be honest.
On a serious note, if you want to keep using it for a while, make sure it is on a rear wheel and not the front. Less of a problem if you have a blow-out.

Old 06-25-2015, 05:42 AM
larryr has a spectacular aura aboutlarryr has a spectacular aura about
save a life cheap $ buy a new one

Old 06-25-2015, 06:38 AM
jc_333 will become famous soon enough
Tire looks fine to roll with but the rim...ouch!

Old 06-25-2015, 07:43 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Am a big believer of making sure the rims seal the air properly plus of course holds the tire in place security. As for the tire itself, I'd not chance it and get a new one. This could be a good time to switch to the far better Michelin Pilot Super Sports

Your tire/rim are major safety items. If you suffer a blowout at speed... and if you decide to self-repair, am not sure about insurance coverage now that you've posted this online for all to see.

Old 06-25-2015, 08:07 AM
lefizzet is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm getting the rim repaired and as for the tire I will just go ahead and get a new one. Defintely worth it especially for the peace of mind.

Originally Posted by stevenrmusic
Am a big believer of making sure the rims seal the air properly plus of course holds the tire in place security. As for the tire itself, I'd not chance it and get a new one. This could be a good time to switch to the far better Michelin Pilot Super Sports

Your tire/rim are major safety items. If you suffer a blowout at speed... and if you decide to self-repair, am not sure about insurance coverage now that you've posted this online for all to see.
And yes, those are the super sports already! Much better than the Pirellis imo

Old 06-25-2015, 03:10 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Excellent choice in R/R them both. These cars are sooo darn heavy that we're already playing with limits during hard braking.

Old 06-26-2015, 09:46 AM
Arachnophobia will become famous soon enoughArachnophobia will become famous soon enough
I had something very similar on my front tire when I bought the car but it did not scuff the wheel. The dealer suggested that I rotate my tires and move that one to the back. I have had it that way for over a year now and no issues. I knew I was going to need tires in a few years anyway so I have just left it.

Old 07-01-2015, 07:54 AM
joc44 will become famous soon enoughjoc44 will become famous soon enough
take a look at the DOT on the side wall of the tyre over 5 years old go for a new
tyre (i have gone for the super glue in the past).

Last edited by joc44; 07-01-2015 at 07:56 AM. Reason: ?