6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Bentley (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/bentley-42/)
-   -   W12 engine monitoring sensors (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/bentley/374330-w12-engine-monitoring-sensors.html)

Frank ( Sunnyside ) 09-26-2015 01:41 PM

W12 engine monitoring sensors

Can any one explain or show me where I can find out how to make multiple engine sensor measurements using the Vas 5054a

Basically now my engine has had a tune I would like to see the following at a glance....just like Durametric can do with Porsche

Engine Revs
IAT
EGT
Ignition advance
Actual boost
Lambda Banks 1 & 2

I know each of the above can probably be measured individually but can you load a screen up to see whole picture.

:confused:

Thanks in advance guys.
Frank

Frank ( Sunnyside ) 10-01-2015 03:30 PM

No body......................
Since selling the 996tt and moving over to B cars I some times feel there is a distinct lack of deep knowledge about these cars. on the Porsche 6speed forum you could just about find any answer to any question.
Are we all so in the dark about these cars??? Its like pulling hens teeth getting indepth technical information.
Frank

ULSTRUP 10-01-2015 09:49 PM

Frank,
I believe that you're getting frustrated because you are comparing oranges to apples.
in the Porsche world you will find a lot of people driving their cars on the race track, trying their best to find the best settings in order to gain this 1/10th of a second they believe they can win on their last lap....
and... let's face it the 911 is much more ''simple'' than the CGT!

I do believe that the Bentley owners are much more interested in the sheer pleasure of driving their car without really taking care of what his happing ''inside'' the engine.I'm convinced that some of us, including me, are technically interested to know ''how it works'', but IAT, EGT, ignition advance... really?
who is going to be interested in these figures? is already difficult enough to get those car to "function" properly without trying to ''fine tune'' them.:o

stevenrmusic 10-02-2015 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by ULSTRUP (Post 4408282)
...is already difficult enough to get those car to "function" properly without trying to ''fine tune'' them.:o

Amen, just fixed yet another issue wit the 07 GTC yesterday. At least I hope it's fixed......

Frank ( Sunnyside ) 10-03-2015 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by ULSTRUP (Post 4408282)
Frank,
I believe that you're getting frustrated because you are comparing oranges to apples.
in the Porsche world you will find a lot of people driving their cars on the race track, trying their best to find the best settings in order to gain this 1/10th of a second they believe they can win on their last lap....
and... let's face it the 911 is much more ''simple'' than the CGT!

I do believe that the Bentley owners are much more interested in the sheer pleasure of driving their car without really taking care of what his happing ''inside'' the engine.I'm convinced that some of us, including me, are technically interested to know ''how it works'', but IAT, EGT, ignition advance... really?
who is going to be interested in these figures? is already difficult enough to get those car to "function" properly without trying to ''fine tune'' them.:o

I hear what you say, but back then a 911 996 Turbo was a mighty thing to behold and I tried to learn and understand the workings of the car. Technically a Conti GT and a 996tt are now worlds apart but in the end there still only a car. I find it very frustrating when confronted with a smog blanket of technical info. My GT now has a DMS Tune and a Quick Silver exhaust but I cant even check the durametrics of the car . I have the VAS 5054a so wonder if in fact I should be able to monitor all the parameters already mentioned.
The problem with VAS, or perhaps my incorrect evaluation of VAS is you cant really get to play with it unless your car actually has an issue....or so I think that's the case. I want to plug it up and monitor the performance and engine safety data as i'm driving under full engine load etc etc etc.
I think its the Polaris Submariner in me, the need to learn a system fully and be able to maintain it. I want to be master of the systems and not slave to a bewildering array of technology for which I constantly cross my fingers in the hope it doesn't go wrong.

ULSTRUP 10-03-2015 11:13 PM

996 turbo you said! good civilized car!
I use to own a 930 turbo back in '79 that was really something to remember!:eek:

coming back to the CGT I doubt very much that you could do what you want to do with the VAS. I think that most of the software is ''proprietary'' and that without the proper equipment and passwords you will never ''enter'' the system. the VAS will allow you to check the ''fault'' storage memory and fix some of it or reset some of the factory default settings but nothing else ...

I haven't asked, but I'm not convinced that even the dealers can do what you want to do!

why don't you call Bentley customer service in the factory and ask them or maybe the guys who did your DMS tune....