Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

So You Think You Can Afford A Bentley

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 09:19 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
So You Think You Can Afford A Bentley

Great read of link below. Just remember, the total cost of ownership will be far more than the initial cost during purchase. For Bentley owners, we know this situation all too well.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...n-a-cheap-car/

Old 11-28-2015, 03:55 AM
larryr has a spectacular aura aboutlarryr has a spectacular aura about
thoughtful article. very well written. i appreciate all i have and respect all who work hard regardless of financial success

Old 11-30-2015, 09:02 PM
Townshend is on a distinguished road
I think what I got is the sweet spot of where to be personally. A few year old car, lower miles, and has CPO.

Old 11-30-2015, 09:04 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Townsend, how much is the annual warranty? I assume it includes the yearly service, yes?

Old 11-30-2015, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by stevenrmusic
Townsend, how much is the annual warranty? I assume it includes the yearly service, yes?
It was wrapped into the negotiations. CPO covers everything except trim. Any wear/tear items such as tires and annual service are not included. Roadside assistance, however, is included (although for anyone with a Plat/Cent Amex or other CCs this is fairly moot). I was $94k out the door for a 17.5k mile 09. Reverse engineering the numbers, maybe $4-5k for the two year CPO. If you subtract shipping, taxes, and other fees I end up around $88-89k for the car + two year CPO.

Old 12-01-2015, 08:52 AM
Nicely done! Yes, CPO was the same here with the GTC yet no warranty was included as they are completely separate things. Wish they'd said that, as I assumed it came with a one year with CPO as the car suffered the widely known manufacturer defect of false air in the line that requires engine out. You did well and including the two warranty makes a big difference as we all know when things go wrong they get very expensive. Bravo!

Old 12-02-2015, 12:38 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I bought a car with no warranty and am flying naked. So far so good with only tires and periodic service. It is an 07 and even the wipers are in top condition. I feel so lucky but afraid the shoe could drop any day.

Old 12-02-2015, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
I bought a car with no warranty and am flying naked. So far so good with only tires and periodic service. It is an 07 and even the wipers are in top condition. I feel so lucky but afraid the shoe could drop any day.
Especially with a name like yours

Old 12-02-2015, 09:30 PM
Arachnophobia will become famous soon enoughArachnophobia will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
I feel the same way, riding with an 07 and no issues but it could be any day that turns sour but I am loving every minute of it until then.

Old 12-03-2015, 09:40 PM
ULSTRUP is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Arachnophobia
I feel the same way, riding with an 07 and no issues but it could be any day that turns sour but I am loving every minute of it until then.
ditto!
and, btw, buy yourself a Maserati and then you shall REALLY understand what the word ''trouble'' means!

Old 12-03-2015, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by ULSTRUP
ditto!
and, btw, buy yourself a Maserati and then you shall REALLY understand what the word ''trouble'' means!
I've come close.. Thought about a GranTurismo but bought an Aston. Thought about a Ghibli but bought a Conti GT.

Old 12-03-2015, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by ULSTRUP
ditto!
LOL and so true. Think a Jag will be next here plus it comes with far better warranty and free servicing too. Am amazed the more expensive car equals less the VW Group's Bentley division seems to care about their customers. Come to think about it, the moment we mention the VW Group.... business as usual.

If you really want to see a guy living in hell, check out this Rolls Royce thread http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...p+One+Month+On

Old 12-04-2015, 10:20 PM
ULSTRUP is on a distinguished road
This guy with the RR in the PH thread is a fool!
I have a few friends owning RR either in the UK or in Denmark and I have never heard anything bad about the RR after sales service, rather the opposite, actually.

In France, most of the dealers are pathetics! the bentley dealer in Cannes/Monaco is a joke and the Maserati/ferrari dealer in Cannes just filed for bankruptcy since its russian owner left the country with the company money....

regarding the Maserati, I just changed the brake pads on the 4 wheels....800€, spares only! so don't complain too much about the Bentley

Old 12-10-2015, 02:02 AM
lilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura about
So far I had no major issue with my car. The cost of ownership of these cars are definitely high considering it costs $4000 just to do a front brake job and $1000 for air filters.