6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Bentley (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/bentley-42/)
-   -   My GT re-build in pictures !! (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/bentley/378611-my-gt-re-build-pictures.html)

Acmw 12-22-2015 11:36 PM

sorry i thought it was the 23k you paid for it plus the 10k for the donor but i see you parted that to recoup some money . For under 30k its def a no brainer ! sorry for me misunderstanding! great project and its coming along great!

jc_333 12-29-2015 12:44 AM

Just saw this thread and I'm like give this man a cigar!

Its like a behind the scenes at Crewe factory but 100% times better. God knows how you remember where everything goes and although I enjoy a bit of DIYing now and again a job like that would probably take me a lifetime.

Cant wait to see her up and running! Keep up the amazing work! Are you a mechanic of some kind?

J

4KB 12-30-2015 08:16 PM

Johnny Hotspur - you win the 2015 Braveheart award presented by the Bentley forum. I jump when I get the notification sound I'm running out of gas. Now this certainly deserves an award. We will award this to a deserving forum member annually. Happy new year folks. Lol

4KB 03-01-2016 09:18 PM

Any updates on this stellar project?

ali pontiac 03-09-2016 01:07 PM

Respect, Bravo

as 4KB said Braveheart, the tear down pics broke my heart a part.

richard181 03-09-2016 03:47 PM

Thats crazy.
I just repaired a small front end damage. Hood, Fender, Grill, Front surround and insurance paid $75,000.00

This is quite a challenge. Hats off to you.

Johnny Hotspur GT 04-23-2016 12:49 PM

Update !!!

38 Attachment(s)
Hello All !!

Sorry for not posting in a while, but I have been busy with life....

I jumped back into it last weekend and yesterday, I did the headliner (twice), all the window regulators, added soft close latches to the doors, swapped every speaker in the system, added Bluetooth by swapping all leather around center armrest, replaced every nut that holds the front and rear panels together, I swapped all window and center console switches, I put the red leather door on the tan glove box, what a job that was, I had to brake it down in many pieces, installed the NAV and CD drives, I swapped all center console storage bins, ashtrays, etc. onto my wood grain trim, installed all panels, rear seats, and I went with the red carpet, after I put the black carpet in I just did not feel right.....

Enjoy the pics !

REDNOSEGT 04-23-2016 01:49 PM

i find this car difficult to work on, i have no idea how you did all this, you should be working at the factory :)

stevenrmusic 04-23-2016 06:08 PM

Most impressive!

PMS 04-24-2016 12:49 PM

Outstanding work. Thanks for posting the excellent pics. They will serve as great reference for future projects by forum members.

Johnny Hotspur GT 04-25-2016 02:52 PM

Thank you Everyone for the comments, more pictures tonight, I am going out to do the driver's seat now, did the passengers yesterday, WOW what a seat !

Johnny Hotspur GT 04-27-2016 02:25 PM

27 Attachment(s)
Hello All,

Others things came up, so I did not get to the drivers seat, but here is the passenger's seat before and after.

stevenrmusic 04-27-2016 02:29 PM

All the work you're doing is soooooooooooo impressive!!!

WOW!!!

Johnny Hotspur GT 04-27-2016 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by stevenrmusic (Post 4508751)
All the work you're doing is soooooooooooo impressive!!!

WOW!!!

Thank you Steven,

But what do you think of the gold-ish brown seatbelt, I have all four in the gold-ish brown, so should I change the rears to match, or try to dye the gold-ish brown to red for the fronts, or dig deeper into how to replace the red belt into the other seatbelt mechanism, I basically had to destroy the flooded red belt holder to get it out, I think I will study the housing tonight.....

stevenrmusic 04-28-2016 02:13 AM

Well, am not a fan of the brown with the red seats. If it was black, or perhaps an off-setting blue, that would be ok. Visually, matching red or black would make more sense to my eyes than brown. JMHO