Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Best way to sell my Bentley?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 06:08 AM
eric777 is on a distinguished road
Best way to sell my Bentley?

Hi guys,
I am considering selling my 2012 GT.....for those of you who have bought/sold Bentley's , could you please share your experiences with dealers or websites you have had positive experiences with?

I am located outside of NYC.

Thanks,

Eric777

Old 01-02-2016, 07:57 AM
larryr has a spectacular aura aboutlarryr has a spectacular aura about
auto trader oodle car guru are a few

Old 01-02-2016, 12:54 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
We all know stealership is the worst unless you work the number for trade-in, and still... Private sale is best and there are MANY ways to go about it. Of course have all service stuff documented/updated helps to ensure top dollar. Check eBay for current going prices with condition / miles.

Old 01-03-2016, 03:02 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
eBay is a great advertising venue. I once sold a supercharged Corvette to a person who responded to my listing,and he was in Kenya. Sold a Camaro to a man from California.

Old 01-09-2016, 07:19 PM
ek1
ek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by stevenrmusic
We all know stealership is the worst unless you work the number for trade-in, and still... Private sale is best and there are MANY ways to go about it. Of course have all service stuff documented/updated helps to ensure top dollar. Check eBay for current going prices with condition / miles.
Steven - I agree, in most situations dealership would be the worst, except a situation where you are getting another Bentley and they have quite a few cars from the previous year sitting on the lot and you are getting one of these cars. I did that last year and got a VERY fair trade-in value.

Selling privately via autotrader and cars.com may get you a higher selling price, although there are downsides. Many people looking at 3-5 year old Bentleys are morons with no money that are just kicking tires or trying to low ball by offering 50% of your asking price . Then there is a kind that does not even have the money to buy the car, so they go and waste your time and then tell you the bank did not approve them.

In the end everything depends on how much you value your time and how much you like to deal with idiots.