Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Someone rear-ended my Bentley!!!! parts questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 07:02 AM
cduluk1 is on a distinguished road
Someone rear-ended my Bentley!!!! parts questions

Hi all:

Can you guys help me with locating parts?

Someone rear-ended my 09 Flying Spur last night. I JUST got the car last week, too. I was stopped in traffic and heard a loud skid, then felt the bump. Called insurance and advised that i would be leaving the car with my body shop today. Body shop guy said (over the phone) that ordering new parts from bentley would take weeks to MONTHS!

Here are my questions for you:
(1) Does anyone have a parts diagram (or know where i could find one) illustrating the rear end of the 09 Flying Spur? I'd like to get the part numbers as well as NEW oem dealer prices for the parts i need.

(2) In lieu of waiting weeks to months for new parts, can i get used parts in good condition (ebay has them all) and have my body guys re-paint, etc.? I figure any savings on prices of parts could be spent towards my pickiness with paint blending, etc.

Here are some pictures i took at the scene.

Thanks in advance!!

Old 01-12-2016, 07:47 AM
Hawk375 is a name known to allHawk375 is a name known to allHawk375 is a name known to allHawk375 is a name known to allHawk375 is a name known to allHawk375 is a name known to all
You might want to check flying spares and see if they have the parts available or can quickly source them.

Old 01-14-2016, 01:02 PM
vanslam has a spectacular aura aboutvanslam has a spectacular aura aboutvanslam has a spectacular aura about
Hey check out Alpine Performance the have a bunch of Bentley used take-off OEM factory parts and they are located in FL. I found them this past weekend.

Old 01-14-2016, 11:04 PM
ULSTRUP is on a distinguished road
flying spares is the way to go, they have most of the spares in stock or can have them within a week.
you can contact CHRIS WEBSTER and send him the photos he will tell you what you need.
their prices are cheaper than any bentley dealer and their service is top notch.

I have used them a number of time and I can recommend them from personal experience.

Old 01-19-2016, 06:53 AM
cduluk1 is on a distinguished road
Thanks guys! Flying spares had 'some' of the parts, but not all. Dealer stated that a few of the parts are on backorder and they do not know when they might come in. My body shop wrote the estimate for insurance; $4,600. I found EVERYTHING i need in ONE listing on ebay (includes the bumper, lower portions of the bumper, side chrome trim pieces, back-up lights, sidemarkers, sensors, wiring, literally everything) for only $2300 shipped to the body shop. I figured i can sell the extra components that i don't need.

The ebay listing:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111861162952?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Think i did well? My body shop is going to re-paint the bumper and install it. I guess i can use the remaining money from insurance to have my shop color blend into the rear fenders (something that they usually don't do for a bumper repaint).