Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley mechanics around Portland Oregon area ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 01:24 PM
turbo_secret will become famous soon enoughturbo_secret will become famous soon enough
Bentley mechanics around Portland Oregon area ?

Looking for a bentley mechanic around the Portland Oregon location. Possible to reprogram the engine ecu engines with other ones that i have. Driver side (left) side of the engine is running rough and cat gets red hot. If anybody knows a good mechanic that could work on it please let me know thanks!

Old 02-24-2016, 05:35 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Hello,

I have no idea about your area, but I would check all the coils and plugs, I have had what you describe ( Cat red hot and glowing ) on two Audi's before, one a W12, and the other a 3.0 that I replaced the passenger side exhaust cam on, well on the 3.0 when it was all back together it was rough and glowing on the drivers CAT, came to find out that when we were putting it back together my friend thought it was a good idea to crank it over to do a compression test while the coils were still plugged in laying off to the side and of course all plugs removed, it turned out that by applying power to the coils while not installed on the plug and in the cylinder, some burnt out, I replaced all the coils and she ran like a top, and no more glowing from the overload of unburnt fuel in the CAT.

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 02-24-2016 at 05:43 PM.
Old 02-24-2016, 05:57 PM
turbo_secret will become famous soon enoughturbo_secret will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
Hello, I have no idea about your area, but I would check all the coils and plugs, I have had what you describe ( Cat red hot and glowing ) on two Audi's before, one a W12, and the other a 3.0 that I replaced the passenger side exhaust cam on, well on the 3.0 when it was all back together it was rough and glowing on the drivers CAT, came to find out that when we were putting it back together my friend thought it was a good idea to crank it over to do a compression test while the coils were still plugged in laying off to the side and of course all plugs removed, it turned out that by applying power to the coils while not installed on the plug and in the cylinder, some burnt out, I replaced all the coils and she ran like a top, and no more glowing from the overload of unburnt fuel in the CAT.
All spark plugs are new and i replaced the deiver side coils with the passenger side because the passenger side runs good and it didnt change anything so im leaning towards maybe a defected engine ecm ? Also driver side primary cat is new i replaced it because the first one melted because of this problem

Old 02-24-2016, 06:04 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
OH !
How about the fuel injectors, one could be dumping fuel.

You say you have an other set of ECU's, is there a reason that you just don't swap them out, are they not coded to your vehicle ?

Old 02-24-2016, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
OH ! How about the fuel injectors, one could be dumping fuel. You say you have an other set of ECU's, is there a reason that you just don't swap them out, are they not coded to your vehicle ?
Yea it could be fuel injectors but i dont know how to test that and any mechanic i call doesnt want to work on the car. Also i have a 2 engine ecm from a different bentley but they are not coded to my car which is what i want to try to do. I want someone to program those ecms to my bentley. I wonder if any vw mechanic can go into the system and program it.

Old 02-24-2016, 07:07 PM
I hope my valves are fine because the driver side cat was melted pretty bad hope it didnt affect anything in the engine