Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

ammonia smell help desperate

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 10:54 AM
frank2014 is on a distinguished road
ammonia smell help desperate

Hi all,
New to this forum...I have a 2014 bentley gt speed...back in december i had some scratches from a garage door on trunk and roof and window...door came down while backing out...34K or repairs
car went to bentley dealer who sent to authorized repair shop, took 3 weeks, went back to bentley to do 2 year maintenance.another week...
Car came back with horrific smell from vents, ****, ammonia...with ac or heat on..actually sticks to your clothes....went back to dealer who tried for a week, then sent back to body shop, for two weeks, tried most everything, sent back to dealer..they have tried but are lost...car is still there ..almost 3 months with this crap..they have not taken anything apart which I have suggested, heater box, fan housing ducts and etc..Please give any suggestions...when car is in my possession always kept garaged..
HELP...thx
Frank

Old 03-07-2016, 01:57 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Well that's just a **** poor experience.

It sounds like some small animal most likely a rodent found a temporary home in your car during repairs. You will need to find the place where the odor is coming from and give it a good cleaning or replacing. the problem may arise when blame is assigned to just when and where the contamination occurred, good luck. gat all your documentation together with time lines and chain of custody as you may need to apply pressure to get results.

Old 03-08-2016, 07:57 PM
Arachnophobia will become famous soon enoughArachnophobia will become famous soon enough
Any resolution?

Old 03-21-2016, 09:43 AM
will be getting car back on Wednesday...went from dealer who seems to be afraid to touch it back to bodyshop...bodyshop is a standup guy..he has tried all...neither of them want to pull the dash apart...they sent car to audi as they seem to have e tech bulletin on this problem...process was done on last Friday, supposed smell was gone and it smells "fresh" as I am told. I just a little optimistic....not much..
I have been told to get the Bentley east coast rep involved..as bentley will stand behind their car...It was mentioned that i should run the heater after a drive to dry out the evaporator, my comment "its a F*%$#$gBentley...

Old 03-25-2016, 09:08 AM
got car back, original smell was masked by a fresh smell or a detergent..still comes and goes....no rhyme nor reason....Bentley is getting involved on Tuesday when the car goes back, engineering and support...
Anybody have any comments or help or suggestions..
How many hours to change the heater core and fan...look for rodent..
Any help or thoughts...
Im ready to sell....

Old 03-25-2016, 02:22 PM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by frank2014
got car back, original smell was masked by a fresh smell or a detergent..still comes and goes....no rhyme nor reason....Bentley is getting involved on Tuesday when the car goes back, engineering and support...
Anybody have any comments or help or suggestions..
How many hours to change the heater core and fan...look for rodent..
Any help or thoughts...
Im ready to sell....

Have a wee read of these. I'm sure some refrigerants contain Ammonia.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/autom...tioning-2.html

http://www.answers.com/Q/Why_do_you_...ner_is_working

Old 04-12-2016, 02:36 PM
After 4 months of getting no where, the dealer finally got Bentley involved, even though he told me two months ago that Bentley was not interested...hmmm,..Bentley went thru a process, so he says, and they are replacing the evaporator. It is not in stock so it is coming today from wherever. Nothing until it is in, as to whether it will be the fix....
My questions....
What should Bentley be doing for me, no car for 4 months.
What should dealer be doing, same as above.
How difficult is it to replace.
I need to make some waves as 4 months is too long to be jerked around.
Comments
Thx

Old 04-12-2016, 02:46 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Hire a lawyer, because odds are Bentley will do nothing for you without your lawyer filing a lawsuit for compensation. The VW Group seems to be like this given their track record.

Old 04-21-2016, 02:08 PM
Just got the car back after a 4 month stint of trying to fix..Well they finally replaced the evaporator, said when they took it out it smelled like ammonia...
The dealer is reluctant to give me the east coast rep...I think i deserve something for not being able to drive the car for 4 months...
Who should I call and what to ask for.
Thanks

Old 04-21-2016, 02:15 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Just got the car back after a 4 month stint of trying to fix..Well they finally replaced the evaporator, said when they took it out it smelled like ammonia...
The dealer is reluctant to give me the east coast rep...I think i deserve something for not being able to drive the car for 4 months...
Who should I call and what to ask for.
Thanks
Ask them to make the four months of payments or return at least that much value. Tell them is just does not seem right to pay for something you do not have.

Oh and good luck I doubt that will do anything for you. Sometimes it's real easy to to tell who is doing the screwing and who is getting it.

Old 04-21-2016, 08:16 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Lawyer up. It's the only thing the VW Group understands. They'll delay and delay for as long as possible so have everything in writing you can and file the lawsuit ASAP. It is just before filing and going to court that the VW Group seems to then 'listen'. This is from my friends experience with engine problems.

Get EVERYTHING you can in writing and lawyer up.

Old 04-25-2016, 05:36 AM
Much to my suprise, Bentley called me on Friday and made me a very generous offer..I didn't have to rant or rave, he just listened to my side and he knew the dealers side..Bentley stepped up to the plate.
Thanks Bentley.

Old 04-25-2016, 06:54 AM
Good to hear that.

Old 04-25-2016, 07:35 AM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
Much to my suprise, Bentley called me on Friday and made me a very generous offer..I didn't have to rant or rave, he just listened to my side and he knew the dealers side..Bentley stepped up to the plate.
Thanks Bentley.
Thanks for sharing this. My faith is somewhat restored.

Old 04-25-2016, 09:24 AM
That is great news! Am glad to see them offering proper customer service.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ammonia smell help desperate