Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

2007 Bentley GT Steering wheel doesn't go up or down.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 01:41 PM
rdsrllc is on a distinguished road
2007 Bentley GT Steering wheel doesn't go up or down.

Hi, I got a 2007 Bentley GT and the Steering wheel doesn't go up or down. When I start car it use to come Automatically down but now it just stays up. How can I fix it? Thank you

Old 03-26-2016, 07:28 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Did you check the button on the left side of the steering column? Perhaps it was set from on to off to make the auto change when you enter and exit the car?

Old 03-26-2016, 07:46 PM
Tried it. on and off still doesn't go down, doing it manually and doesn't go down.

Old 03-27-2016, 05:24 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Hmmm, try the fuse box by your knees. It is fuse #18 as in diagram below. It is a 10A fuse.

Attached Images  
Old 03-27-2016, 08:48 AM
I tried it, Fuse is fine. still doesn't work.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-03-27 10.41.16.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	1.82 MB
ID:	443908   Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-03-27 10.42.49.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	2.07 MB
ID:	443909   Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-03-27 10.42.33.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	1.76 MB
ID:	443910  
Old 03-27-2016, 01:42 PM
bentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of light
take the steering column cowl off, when operating the button give the cog with a rubber notched belt a little help and it should start working. I take it the steering wheel goes in and out but not up and down ?

Old 03-27-2016, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by bentleytech
take the steering column cowl off, when operating the button give the cog with a rubber notched belt a little help and it should start working. I take it the steering wheel goes in and out but not up and down ?

Yes correct. It goes in and out but Not up or down.

Old 03-27-2016, 01:53 PM
bentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of light
then try what i said, when you do get the cowl off, i think there is a plastic cover that covers the gear and its belt.

Old 03-27-2016, 02:32 PM
then try what i said, when you do get the cowl off, i think there is a plastic cover that covers the gear and its belt.
Were it it?

Old 03-27-2016, 02:34 PM
on the underside

Old 03-27-2016, 02:35 PM
in the picture you sent i can see the white cover on the underside. its there

Old 03-27-2016, 02:36 PM

Old 03-27-2016, 02:39 PM
thats it, when you operate switch do you see it try and move or a click, using a screwdriver push on the cog slightly just to help it and i always found it started working. good luck

Old 03-27-2016, 02:41 PM
thats it, when you operate switch do you see it try and move or a click, using a screwdriver push on the cog slightly just to help it and i always found it started working. good luck
I here a click. What's the cog?

Old 03-27-2016, 02:43 PM
ok the belt i runs the cogs, the little wheels each end with teeth, gently apply pressure to one tooth as you apply steering wheel switch, you may have to try both ends but gently, it should start to move

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2007 Bentley GT Steering wheel doesn't go up or down.