Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley Gear stick question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 06:28 AM
lp640montoya is an unknown quantity at this point
I did not have a problem ordering i went to their site alpineperformance.com and ordered directly you can also call them 754-204-2100 this is the link to their site

http://www.alpineperformance.com/ben...nt?search=dust

Old 10-24-2017, 08:16 PM
JyB
JyB is an unknown quantity at this point
Hi,

Thanks for the information, I have now received the dust cover ... Trying now to understand how to change it ... Did any one take pics of the procedure?

Thanks and have a great day

JY

Old 10-25-2017, 08:22 AM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
check out this previous post: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ing-cover.html. It will show you the various elements. Note: also check to see how to remove the shift ****. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...s-already.html

Old 10-25-2017, 07:07 PM
JyB
JyB is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you for the links. Before starting on it, I would have just a few questions, can you let me know the following:

- I guess I can change it while the whole unit is in place, I do not need to remove it, correct?
- How is the silver round cover attached to the unit, do I just pull it up and it comes out?
- I can see how the black piece with the R, N, D, S buttons is attached, it should not be an issue to pull it out.

Do I need to remove more parts or is the dust cover just there?

Thank you very much and have a great day ahead

JY

Old 10-26-2017, 08:57 AM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
You need to do quite a bit of disassembly in order to access the cover. The best advice I can provide is to acquire the IETIS service manual. First, read this thread on the forum:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...is-system.html
2nd. You can order this manual on-line from a number of companies. The price is usually under $100.00. The manual will help you with ANY DIY project you wish to tackle. If you can't source the manual, PM me for further insights.

Peter

Old 05-16-2023, 12:21 AM
Ricardo10X is a name known to allRicardo10X is a name known to allRicardo10X is a name known to allRicardo10X is a name known to allRicardo10X is a name known to allRicardo10X is a name known to all
Gear shift sensor not working

Hello everyone
I know this is an old thread so hopefully someone will see my comment.

I have a 2007 Arnage t and the the shifter works perfectly on automatic and sport, however the gear display in the dashboard, is fully lighted up with all gears showing illuminated.
The gears cannot be changed manually.

The dust cover is broken.

would anyone know if the fix is to change the dust cover ?

thanks

Old 05-16-2023, 05:44 AM
sazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud ofsazam has much to be proud of
most probable symptom for the gears all light is the magnet issue - cover replacement should fix it

if not work then the electronic plate has to be replaced

start with easiest/ cheapest thing

but no pissibility to switch gears in manual mode may be more complicated problem and your gearbox is in emergency mode.
any errors in vcds? do the diagnosis prior dissasembling anything.

Last edited by sazam; 05-16-2023 at 07:12 AM.
Old 05-16-2023, 12:24 PM
Ricardo10X is a name known to allRicardo10X is a name known to allRicardo10X is a name known to allRicardo10X is a name known to allRicardo10X is a name known to allRicardo10X is a name known to all
Helo Sazam
I have not tested with vcds but there are no error messages on the dash info center.
Do you know if I can use OBD-II to test?

On automatic mode, the car shifts fine, if while driving I pull the gear shifter to S (sport) the gearbox changes to the lower gear so I it is operating fine.

Would you know the parts number of name of the part that you suggest replacing (magnet issue - cover replacement) I am not sure what to look for and purchase.

Thank you so very much for your help on this matter

Ricardo

Old 05-16-2023, 11:10 PM
BruceR is on a distinguished road
I don't know if this will fit your model but I'm guessing it would. I had the same problem after the dust cover broke on my old '09 GT. This fixed it.
Amazon Amazon

Old 05-16-2023, 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by BruceR
I don't know if this will fit your model but I'm guessing it would. I had the same problem after the dust cover broke on my old '09 GT. This fixed it.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09HKK1VT5...v_ov_lig_dp_it
Just ordered it, Ill let you know how it goes
THANK YOU SO MUCH

Old 05-17-2023, 08:48 AM
BruceR is on a distinguished road
You're welcome!
See this thread too:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...one-wants.html