Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

STL Motorcars Service - Extreme Dissatisfaction

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 11:58 AM
alexob53 is on a distinguished road
STL Motorcars Service - Extreme Dissatisfaction

After doing much research and contacting independent auto service shops, we decided to send our 2007 Flying Spur to the STL Motorcars dealership in Saint Louis, MO. Their annual service this year cost us $2300 for the service itself. We are located in Kansas City, and they charged $800 for transportation. They picked the car up in early November. After they picked the car up and a week went by, and nothing was heard, we called and heard that they had difficulties with their transport for the return trip. Then we called a few days ago and they told us they had not even started the service. This is a regular annual service with no other issues on a 12k mile Bentley. They said on this second call that they "honestly can't blame this issue on their transport" and that it would not be back for another week at least. I am completely appalled with the quality of service at this dealership. Clearly they do not intend to make customer satisfaction a priority. For a certified Bentley dealership to charge us $3100 + tax for a regular service, not make our vehicle a priority, and leave us without our car for an entire month is completely inexcusable and ridiculous. I severely warn all of you in the area to find an independent service shop that will prioritize you as a customer and a person. I will also be paying particularly close attention to the mileage of the car upon return, since we are to believe the car has been "sitting" in their lot for an entire month. If anymore than 15 miles have been put on the car, I will be having an extremely unpleasant discussion with the service manager.

Old 11-25-2016, 11:45 PM
Joe Boccia is on a distinguished road
If your car is out of warranty i would find a good local mechanic that knows thesecars of course. I have a guy in Pensacola who is amazing. Uses all Bentley parts and does all labor fpr half the price. Sorry you had to deal with all that crap. People like them dont stay in business long

Old 11-30-2016, 01:06 PM
ek1
ek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by alexob53
After doing much research and contacting independent auto service shops, we decided to send our 2007 Flying Spur to the STL Motorcars dealership in Saint Louis, MO. Their annual service this year cost us $2300 for the service itself. We are located in Kansas City, and they charged $800 for transportation. They picked the car up in early November. After they picked the car up and a week went by, and nothing was heard, we called and heard that they had difficulties with their transport for the return trip. Then we called a few days ago and they told us they had not even started the service. This is a regular annual service with no other issues on a 12k mile Bentley. They said on this second call that they "honestly can't blame this issue on their transport" and that it would not be back for another week at least. I am completely appalled with the quality of service at this dealership. Clearly they do not intend to make customer satisfaction a priority. For a certified Bentley dealership to charge us $3100 + tax for a regular service, not make our vehicle a priority, and leave us without our car for an entire month is completely inexcusable and ridiculous. I severely warn all of you in the area to find an independent service shop that will prioritize you as a customer and a person. I will also be paying particularly close attention to the mileage of the car upon return, since we are to believe the car has been "sitting" in their lot for an entire month. If anymore than 15 miles have been put on the car, I will be having an extremely unpleasant discussion with the service manager.
And this is exactly why I continue to pay ridiculous amounts of money for scheduled services at the dealership. I know I am overpaying, but at least I dont worry about running after my service adviser and begging for updates. Bentley dealerships have A LOT to lose if a customer calls Bentley corporate and complains. Independent shops dont give a **** about you. I know some members here have great relationships with some indy shops, but it's really an exception rather than the rule.

Old 11-30-2016, 01:37 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Indy do care, he simply chose one that didn't seem to care. Have had excellent results at my local indy.

Old 11-30-2016, 01:44 PM
ek1
ek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura aboutek1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by stevenrmusic
Indy do care, he simply chose one that didn't seem to care. Have had excellent results at my local indy.
But that is exactly what I am saying. There are great indy mechanics and not just for Bentley. I service my Viper ACR at one and would never go to the dealership for anything other than warranty work. The problem is good indy shops are very rare. If you even have one within reasonable distance from you (let's say under 100 miles), you may go through 5 monkey operations (which may screw up your car) before you find the good one. Also most of those good shops only have one "god" mechanic that knows what he is doing. If he leaves, you are S.O.L.

Old 11-30-2016, 05:00 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ek1
And this is exactly why I continue to pay ridiculous amounts of money for scheduled services at the dealership. I know I am overpaying, but at least I dont worry about running after my service adviser and begging for updates. Bentley dealerships have A LOT to lose if a customer calls Bentley corporate and complains. Independent shops dont give a **** about you. I know some members here have great relationships with some indy shops, but it's really an exception rather than the rule.
I do not believe that STL Motorcars is an "Indy", are they ?

http://stl.cars/

Old 11-30-2016, 05:14 PM
ek1
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
I do not believe that STL Motorcars is an "Indy", are they ?

http://stl.cars/
Holy ****, you are right! They are an actual dealership!

http://www.stlouis.bentleymotors.com/

In that case, the OP can do two things - first when a service survey arrives, give a ****ty review (state the facts). Second, call Bentley corporate and complain. They take these things seriously.

Old 11-30-2016, 05:59 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Good points guys on both posts above. BTW there's a notorious Boston indy that we all steer clear of. There's another one near Boston that has a great reputation. That's one of the great things I love about the Internet as you can read about the experiences of others, or ask on popular discussion boards. Found a great local indy here in FL thanks to Mel, a 6Speed guy. In fact Mel and I are meeting up for lunch on Monday. Never would have happened pre-Internet.

Old 12-07-2016, 09:05 AM
alexob53 is on a distinguished road
We finally got the car back yesterday. It has new scuffs on the driver's door and a small rock chip in the windscreen. They say that they can't do anything about it because it wasn't noted on the transfer sheet or something, either way just avoid. Not worth the money or time.

Old 12-07-2016, 11:27 AM
Sorry to hear of your experience. Best bet might be to take pics, perhaps a video too and save all those for a possible later day / lawsuit in court. Also, send a **certified letter** to Bentley USA stating your situation (leave emotion out, state facts only).

Lastly, file a complaint with the BBB.