Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

2010. GT Speed.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 02:45 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
2010. GT Speed.

I know Jim2331 has a 2010 Speed from his recent posts so, how about some pictures Jim. You know we all like to see each others cars. Be nice to see your pride and joy.

Over to you.

Les.

Old 04-19-2017, 08:04 AM
jim2331 can only hope to improve
....actually not much a fan of car pictures unless unique, guess I have a dozen pictures, when in beautiful Tahoe, Yosemite, Big Sur....have no pictures back when with the Ferrari Daytona, but do have one with Mr. Ferrari, Bruno and my wife (polaroid) at Daytona. The team Ferrari's were in next pit, he pulled all out of race because they were not set up correct to take the steep banking, were bottoming out...got all F. team facilities...have no pictures of the twin GTC my wife had 2 months...IRS was interested though...
Worse day was washing out of HW...JimB

Old 04-19-2017, 09:32 PM
ULSTRUP is on a distinguished road
most of us here have posted pics of their cars.

I can't believe that, you being so active in here and so much interested in the Bentley, you don't have some pictures of your car to show to the forum.
so please, show us some beautiful pictures of the bentley in Yosemite or around lake Tahoe...

Old 04-20-2017, 01:45 AM
....I will try to break in down for you....every year we go to the Concours in Pebble Beach...you may have heard of it, we drive down in our 2009 Volvo C30...We are known and welcome at the House of Bentley every year...perhaps, if I knew how to publish a picture here I would have previously done so. As someone here aptly observe I do not take direction well and I am a pain in the ***....Eisenhower said exactly the same thing about Patton...but when push comes to shove you need real men....JimB

Old 04-20-2017, 01:52 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
There's no way I would drive down to Pebble Beach for the Concours in a $5,000 Volvo if I had the GT sat there.
Going in the pride and joy to any show is all part of the buzz for us.

Old 04-20-2017, 02:35 AM
....why bring coal to NewCastle...I take such good care of my car and the one time I let a valet at Ritz Carlton park it he slammed the door...have never let another. I won't let the Bentley people wash it...that's my job...The Concours is a repetitive zoo with overabundance of A...H...s $600 for us to get in to see the same damn cars each year...I can take about an hour of it...We really enjoy the mid-week parade and showing on Ocean Ave. You might correctly guess I am not hung up on cars, I find people much more interesting as well as the games people play...Here I am at 1:30am loading up my wife's Lexus so she can drive 400 miles down to Los Angeles to tend sick Mum...she wouldn't think of taking the Speed...I guess after 40 years we think alike...JimB

Old 04-20-2017, 09:02 AM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
Jim, where do you get your Bentley serviced in San Francisco? Have you had good luck with them? Can you provide a recommendation and/or individual's name?

Old 04-20-2017, 10:52 AM
....My Bentley dealer of record is Bentley San Francisco. Having bought 3 Bentleys from them, I have a good business relationship with them and want to preserve that relationship...I have had the honor and pleasure of meeting the late Kjell Qvale, born in Trondheim, Norway in 1919. Mr Qvale owned this dealership, British Motor Car Distributership and many others since after the war 1947. Over the years he sold thirty-six different brands of cars, was the race chairman of the Nov 5 1950 Road Race at Pebble Beach won by young Phil Hill. Tickets were $1.00 with free parking. All this was after serving as a U.S. Navy pilot during the war. The Pebble Road race led to Development of Laguna Seca Raceway. Concurrent with knowing Mr Qvale we became acquainted with the famous German driver Otto Zipper who owned Zipper BMW in Los Angeles. He was our team Captain at the Daytona 24 Hours and was with him the night of the race, when his brave old heart gave out....enough of this Bovine detritus...JimB

Old 04-20-2017, 11:16 AM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
Just so I'm clear: you're saying you bought your 2010 Speed from Bentley San Francisco? Do they also currently service your car? If so, do you have a specific mechanic at the dealership you recommend?

Old 04-20-2017, 11:44 AM
....Thank you for your interest...I believe the subject here is pictures...the few pictures I have are personal so I am unable to share them. Actually, one Bentley looks very much like any other especially in the 2 door CGT series. But by way of being responsive to your request. In the last two years British Motor Car Distributorship is in the process of a massive reorganization and reconstruction. I understand that they will be handling Rolls Royce and R.R. requires certain adequate show room floor space. Most of the fellows I am familiar with have moved on, so presently I am not in any position to recommend a specific mechanic. I expect before too long I will stop by the Tesla Dealership that is presently in the old BMC building located next door. I will inquire as to the present staff of mechanics at BMC. I hope this is responsive, I try to be as accurate as possible...by the way...how do you add pictures to this thread. Apple showed me last week how to do Screen Shots that I add to my photo album on my I-Mac...JimB

Old 04-20-2017, 11:53 AM
PMS
re: posting pics. Simply click on the picture icon on the task bar of the message window. It looks like a pair of mountains with a sun. Once you click on that, simply follow the steps to upload your pic. You will need to tell the message protocol where (on your I-Mac) the picture resides. Once you do that, clicking will load the pic to the forum.

Old 04-20-2017, 03:36 PM
aleventhal is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jim2331
....actually not much a fan of car pictures unless unique, guess I have a dozen pictures, when in beautiful Tahoe, Yosemite, Big Sur....have no pictures back when with the Ferrari Daytona, but do have one with Mr. Ferrari, Bruno and my wife (polaroid) at Daytona. The team Ferrari's were in next pit, he pulled all out of race because they were not set up correct to take the steep banking, were bottoming out...got all F. team facilities...have no pictures of the twin GTC my wife had 2 months...IRS was interested though...
Worse day was washing out of HW...JimB
I can say with certainty that the red portion of your email [emphasis mine] is untrue. You do not, and can not, have a photo of yourself with the old man at Daytona because Enzo Ferrari had never, in his lifetime, travelled to the United States. In fact, he famously would not come to Detroit to meet with Henry Ford II ("Il Duce"). If I'm wrong, please post your picture, as it would change decades of accepted history regarding Il Commendatore and the factory. Or, perhaps you met the old man in Europe? Please clarify - as what you said can't be true.

Old 04-20-2017, 06:56 PM
.....the race was the Daytona 24 hours, the year 1979. 38 years ago, our car #65, I believe the car was one of six factory constructed racing Daytonas, the owner was Otto Zipper, we had a very minor roll on the team that consisted of a dozen people. The Factory Racing Team was in the pit next to ours. The senior gentleman over the Factory Team was told to me to be Mr Ferrari. My wife has better memory than I, she said that she took a couple of pictures of our Head Mechanic Bruno, Luchano and the Ferrari gentleman and myself. I have looked on line for a picture of Il Commendatore. From what you say, probably this was not Mr Ferrari but a close associate who managed the Factory Team. Sadly Otto Zipper died the nite before the race. We put a black ribbon tape across the hood and raced in his honor. Our drivers were Tony Adamawicz and John Morton. The Porches were turning 220 mph laps, the best we could do was 203 or 5...all the Porches blew up except one who blew up on last lap and was pushed over finish...our car finished strong...technically they one first...but we were only one running...thank you for bringing the error to my attention...Oh yes, met Paul Newman who was a friend of Bruno...those were the days...JimB

Old 04-20-2017, 09:50 PM
ULSTRUP is on a distinguished road
all your stories are...fascinating.

but this thread is about YOUR bentley 2010gt speed.now that you have been told how to post a picture of your car do it and then we will all have the pleasure to congratulate you.....

Old 04-21-2017, 03:20 AM
....back when I was 12 years old, coming up in Jersey, our gang used to go down to the Dumps to slug rats with an old .22...one day about six of us did a circle jerk...each checking out the others Henry...now that we growed up, we check out each others wrist watch, house, wife, bank account or Bentley...
....I could have asked my wife anytime how to put pictures up, I have three digital cameras, one fairly expensive, don't ever use that one. My homeless friends gave me an Olympus Camedia C3030 that had been thrown away because the batteries messed it up good...a few hours work and it works fine...that's how I roll...
....Now back to the topic...Pictures...I actually wanted to publish pictures of the procedure in changing the main (left) battery...the pictures published by Johnny of his monumental project are such a bottomless well of valuable information...Zaos, the Swedish Indian, that guy is unreal, step by step, how to replace the high 3rd Brake Light, the guts of the
key fob, put a lift up in his garage to drop the engine....then AdrenilineJunky also put up a lift and gave a wealth of information, through pictures, of procedure to pull steering rack to replace vacuum hoses on his 2006 CGT without dropping engine...
...If I have any talent at all, at age 85, it is having been blessed with good memory, a lifetime of experiences, some on the edge, and uncanny good luck...
...I will publish pictures under certain conditions, but it is 2:15am and tired time...JimB

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.