Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

How Do You Use Your Bentley

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 08:42 AM
jim2331 can only hope to improve
How Do You Use Your Bentley

....Living in San Francisco, I never use the Bentley in the City. Traffic and Parking is impossible. Haven't been in car in three weeks but intend to do so Sunday.
Every time I take the car out it's a treat and a pleasure. I enjoy the car, many other people out there enjoy it also. One thing I do notice here in S.F., everyone here is twenty years old and work in the Tech Industry. They couldn't care less about a Bentley. The young crowd is into Bikes, Priuse's and Teslas and all voted for Bernie. I think the auto industry has taken notice of this trend....
....Not to long ago I was at a dinner meeting and had good fortune to sit next to a Google Engineer. He explained to me that driverless cars will take over within ten years. I of course told him, ain't goin to happen...when they are able to dedicate exclusive roads to driverless, then maybe...Trucks, yes on Route 5, 300 miles of bumper to bumper trucks, I can see that happening...
....Meanwhile here in Bay Area, traffic is approaching gridlock...I can see them banning cars in certain areas of City...as being done elsewhere...
....Let's hear from you guys who use your Bentley every day...JimB

Old 04-23-2017, 07:21 PM
Springer is an unknown quantity at this point
Drive 2006 Continental Flying Spur to work most days (wife takes the 2014!). Traffic in Nashville nothing like SF but plenty of stop and go. I find that in slow traffic and on city streets that I love the Bentley even more. Quiet and relaxing.

Old 04-24-2017, 11:38 AM
rangrov is an unknown quantity at this point
Fun in the sun

I live in the uk and own a Bentley gtc being a second car I only use it on sunny days, I just love driving with the roof down. As I Live in the uk I will only be using the Bentley from April till octoberish. Then I will store it in a central heated garage with dehumidifier. You never know the gtc could become a future classic.

Old 04-24-2017, 12:45 PM
....You are putting the GTC to its best use, nothing like it...How long have you had the Bentley...I just cleared out the Volvo C30, you can't believe how much stuff I accumulate, its like a closet, haven't had the rear seats up since had the car...I enjoy just going off and car camping, so will be off the grid for a bit...either Yosemite, Big Sur, Tahoe or Mammoth Mt...I don't decide until I look at the maps...they are all within 300 miles of San Francisco...wish you many Sunny Days...JimB

Old 04-24-2017, 01:23 PM
rangrov is an unknown quantity at this point
I bought it last October so I only had a couple of weeks with it till I laid it for winter. I'm looking forward to the next few summer months. Cheers.

Old 04-27-2017, 01:59 AM
....How not to use a Bentley...At Yosemite...When my wife is along I talk her into staying in the Tents (Formerly Curry Village, now Half Dome Village) used to be $17 a night, now $150)
as often as not we stay at the former Historic Ahwahnee Hotel (Now Majestic Hotel...an obscenity)...Then and there we take the Bentley...
Now yesterday I went to visit with an old friend at Camp One on Henness Ridge in Yosemite West...no electricity, no gas, no water...but a beautiful and Historic house (water by Spring, Electric by generator...up Five miles of 10 foot wide, active Logging Road (Logging now due to Natures Culling Process...some 30% of Yosemite's great trees dead due to draught Stress and beattles) The Volvo C30 made it barely at 3mph, often bottoming and wadding through wash outs...The Bentley would have been totally inappropriate and my friend would have disowned me...JimB

Old 04-29-2017, 08:46 PM
lilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura about
I tend to daily drive my car including snowy days. It is very comfortable and luxurious. Sitting in traffic in this car is not too bad except burning huge amount of fuel.

I think this is the perfect luxurious go-anywhere car!

Old 04-30-2017, 06:43 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
I love our Bentley. I use it very rarely. It stays in a climate controlled garage with my other "toy" cars. I'm retired and don't have to go out. Most of the time we take the VW Tiguan because it is outside on the drive. The toys only come out for an enjoyable drive or to a car club event or show. I try to alternate by taking a different one to Cars and Coffee. I get a great amount of enjoyment just looking at and taking care of them. I do my own service on them all. I probably should sell some of them as I don't use them as much as I should, but I will keep them until I can't take care of them anymore. I'm very particular about my toys some have never even seen a rain drop.

Old 05-01-2017, 07:17 AM
Daddy C. is a jewel in the roughDaddy C. is a jewel in the roughDaddy C. is a jewel in the rough
GTC is my daily driver. On ice and snow it is at his best. Much more stable than our other cars, including a Range Rover.

Old 05-01-2017, 08:24 AM
....Monday May 1 2017....Since I could't make up my mind i.e. Yosemite, Tahoe,or Mammoth Mountain...I did them all...and through in a side trip to Los Angeles to hook up with old friends and have dinner with my beautiful wife...since I had time to spare on Saturday went to Knott's Berry Farm only to find out that place is over for me...very, very crowded, very hot, very Commercial...the Chicken House now $24.00 for Chicken Dinner used to be $3.75
$45 just for me to go in and walk around...Most wonderful moment...3am parked by roaring American River looking up through sun roof of Volvo and there was Big Dipper framed perfectly...another...doing a brew up on the single burner Coleman...there were also a couple of interesting negative events but there are a few folks on this Forum who get considerably upset about real life...JimB

Old 05-07-2017, 11:35 AM
BentleyFs is an unknown quantity at this point
First post here...

We bought a 2014 Flying Spur last October for our early Christmas gift to us

I use it on the weekends if the weather is nice. We live in So Cal so the weather is usually nice. The Bentley is our weekend tour/restaurant car.

My daily driver is a Hummer H2 which used to belong to a "King of the Cage" fighter. It's crazy tricked out.

Apparently, I hate gas.

Old 05-07-2017, 11:58 AM
lilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by BentleyFS
First post here...

We bought a 2014 Flying Spur last October for our early Christmas gift to us

I use it on the weekends if the weather is nice. We live in So Cal so the weather is usually nice. The Bentley is our weekend tour/restaurant car.

My daily driver is a Hummer H2 which used to belong to a "King of the Cage" fighter. It's crazy tricked out.

Apparently, I hate gas.
Congrats! These cars are definitely gas guzzlers.

Old 05-07-2017, 01:54 PM
shabs is an unknown quantity at this point
My GT sits outside, is never garaged or covered. It's almost a daily driver and being in the property business, I have often turned up to sites, hauling cans of paint, lengths of timber, ply and all manner of tools out of the trunk.....you should see the looks I get, priceless

Old 05-08-2017, 05:11 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
I have to admit that I've had the odd 2.4 Metre lengths of wood or copper pipe stuck through the ski hatch whilst renovating our Chateau.

Old 05-08-2017, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by ExSF
I have to admit that I've had the odd 2.4 Metre lengths of wood or copper pipe stuck through the ski hatch whilst renovating our Chateau.
I carried some 7 foot long wood one through the ski hatch at the local home improvement centre.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.