Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley Continental Gt over 100k miles what oil?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 02:58 PM
Kes
Kes is an unknown quantity at this point
Bentley Continental Gt over 100k miles what oil?

Hi, i have CGT with 116k miles, should i use 0-40 or due to milage i should got for 5-30 or 10-40?

Thanks

Old 05-03-2017, 10:52 AM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
I have circa 55K miles on my 05 and I use Liquid Moly (synthetic) 5W40 year round. I checked with my Indie and he said he'd recommend staying with that 5W40 regardless of miles.

Old 05-03-2017, 10:54 AM
Kes
Thanks. I will get some 5w40. Do you have vibration issue on about 60-80 miled?
All wheels perfect. Very strange.

Old 05-03-2017, 10:55 AM
Kes
Do you need top up oil often?

Old 05-03-2017, 10:58 AM
PMS
PMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud ofPMS has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Kes
Thanks. I will get some 5w40. Do you have vibration issue on about 60-80 miled?
All wheels perfect. Very strange.
I don't have any vibrations at any speed. If you are certain on the wheel balance being correct and (assuming your are using OEM wheels) is the vibration felt in the steering wheel (indicates front suspension problem) or in the seat (indicates rear problem). If you are using aftermarket wheels, ensure you are using the correct bolt seat (conical or ball).

Old 05-03-2017, 10:59 AM
PMS
Originally Posted by Kes
Do you need top up oil often?
I have never had to top up the engine oil. However, I don't drive a lot of miles in a year.

Old 05-03-2017, 11:01 AM
Kes
Originally Posted by PMS
I don't have any vibrations at any speed. If you are certain on the wheel balance being correct and (assuming your are using OEM wheels) is the vibration felt in the steering wheel (indicates front suspension problem) or in the seat (indicates rear problem). If you are using aftermarket wheels, ensure you are using the correct bolt seat (conical or ball).
I use 19 Bentley wheels. I feel vibration in seat. I will take to garage to have a look. That's the whhleels in picture. I just bought it 10 days ago.

Old 05-03-2017, 11:02 AM
PMS
Originally Posted by PMS
If you wish to discuss the vibration issue further, please open a new thread so we can stay on topic. This helps other users to source information in the future.

Old 05-03-2017, 11:05 AM
Kes
Thanks. Which oil from these looks there is few kinds or i can pick any.

Old 05-03-2017, 11:11 AM
PMS
Originally Posted by Kes
Thanks. Which oil from these looks there is few kinds or i can pick any.

Liqui Moly is a BRAND so, any of the ones you found will work.

Old 05-03-2017, 11:22 AM
Kes
Thank you

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.