Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

New To Bentley - 2010 Supersports

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 02:20 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
No. It will close, but, plenty of us on here, including myself, just close the boot with the cable trailing out. The rubber seal will ensure that there are no problems.
Your worst scenario would be forgetting and driving away with it attached.

A tip for that. I have an extension lead which I always leave laying by the drivers door as a reminder when it's plugged in.

Les.

Old 07-26-2017, 07:34 AM
Daniel Clohessy is an unknown quantity at this point
I've noticed the same with my NAIM; I highly reccomend using CD's as often as possible; I've made quite a few discs from my music collection simply to enjoy it properly.

FM is alright, but the IPod and Satellite is annoyingly low volume.

As far as I am concerned, NAIM is the only way to go if you have a GTC since the CD output is simply amazing-any song no matter the genre can be buried in the **** and still clear as crystal.

FYI, if that amplifier goes bad, it's about $5k to replace. Also, I highly suggest checking all of the speakers to make sure they're working-I hade two bad when I got the car.

If you use Satellite, turn on the dynamic range compression, max the speed sensitive adjustment, and use the digital media setting.

Old 07-26-2017, 07:35 AM
Originally Posted by Nader
Thanks. Love the car. So anyone recommend any mods? If you notice the car has some after market chin spoiler on it which I happen to like. For the life of me I can't find anything about it or who sells it. Any ideas?
LED exterior lamps, takes years off of the car; there's a factory Porsche plate lamp assembly that's pretty much a direct fit-I'll take a picture later of it.

Old 07-26-2017, 08:28 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ExSF
No. It will close, but, plenty of us on here, including myself, just close the boot with the cable trailing out. The rubber seal will ensure that there are no problems.
Your worst scenario would be forgetting and driving away with it attached.

A tip for that. I have an extension lead which I always leave laying by the drivers door as a reminder when it's plugged in.

Les.
Im place a microfiber rag over the closing mechanism and it does not shut or compress the rubber over the charging cable.

Old 07-26-2017, 09:50 AM
Nader is on a distinguished road
Cool. Thats a great solution. Ill try it. I tried closing it on it but didn't want to distort the seal by closing the wire on it.

Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
Im place a microfiber rag over the closing mechanism and it does not shut or compress the rubber over the charging cable.

Old 07-26-2017, 09:53 AM
All great information. Thanks so much. How do I test the speakers and AMP? Funny i suspect some of the speakers aren't working.

Originally Posted by Daniel Clohessy
I've noticed the same with my NAIM; I highly reccomend using CD's as often as possible; I've made quite a few discs from my music collection simply to enjoy it properly.

FM is alright, but the IPod and Satellite is annoyingly low volume.

As far as I am concerned, NAIM is the only way to go if you have a GTC since the CD output is simply amazing-any song no matter the genre can be buried in the **** and still clear as crystal.

FYI, if that amplifier goes bad, it's about $5k to replace. Also, I highly suggest checking all of the speakers to make sure they're working-I hade two bad when I got the car.

If you use Satellite, turn on the dynamic range compression, max the speed sensitive adjustment, and use the digital media setting.

Old 07-26-2017, 10:01 AM
All great information. Thanks so much. How do I test the speakers and AMP? Funny i suspect some of the speakers aren't working.
Do you know anyone with a VAG-COM? It's the best authorized aftermarket diagnostic software available. Your only other option is a dealer for scanning, or if you can convince a VW service manager to do it.

The only other option is to put your ear to each one.

Old 07-26-2017, 11:59 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Do you know anyone with a VAG-COM? It's the best authorized aftermarket diagnostic software available. Your only other option is a dealer for scanning, or if you can convince a VW service manager to do it.

The only other option is to put your ear to each one.
"The only other option is to put your ear to each one." Wow that's all I thought you'd have to do. I guess I'm a low tech solution guy as evidenced by the rag over the trunk mechanism.

Last edited by Dr.Disaster; 07-26-2017 at 12:16 PM.
Old 07-26-2017, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
"The only other option is to put your ear to each one." Wow that's all I thought you'd have to do. I guess I'm a low tech solution guy as evidenced by the rag over the trunk mechanism.
Ha, was waiting for the obvious response to the obvious answer. The only reason I went for the diagnostic tool route first is because there could be an unsteady short that only shows up under certain conditions-which will leave a trouble code.

Old 07-26-2017, 12:29 PM
Ha, was waiting for the obvious response to the obvious answer. The only reason I went for the diagnostic tool route first is because there could be an unsteady short that only shows up under certain conditions-which will leave a trouble code.
Yeh that and you want that cool tool. You aren't convincing the wife on here mate.

Old 07-26-2017, 01:50 PM
the low tech solution is a good one if i knew where all the speakers are.

Old 07-26-2017, 03:59 PM
the low tech solution is a good one if i knew where all the speakers are.
Tweeter in each A pillar; mid and tweeter forward end of each door; woofer rear end of each door; tweeter top of side panel for rear seats; woofer next to each rear seat bottom; I think there are two subs under the rear deck lid in the coupes.

If you were anywhere near Norfolk I could diagnose her for you or if you were near Scranton at all.

Old 07-26-2017, 05:19 PM
Thanks Daniel. You aren't to far since I am on Long Island. Question are the speakers still in the same positions even though the supersports has the back seats removed?

. [QUOTE=Daniel Clohessy;4653649]Tweeter in each A pillar; mid and tweeter forward end of each door; woofer rear end of each door; tweeter top of side panel for rear seats; woofer next to each rear seat bottom; I think there are two subs under the rear deck lid in the coupes.

If you were anywhere near Norfolk I could diagnose her for you or if you were near Scranton at all.[/QUO

Old 07-26-2017, 05:36 PM
I'm not sure, do you have a picture of the back at all? There might be a grille or two somewhere.

Old 07-26-2017, 05:57 PM
You are likely right as I haven't really looked yet. Best pick I have. Must be in the same spot. I'll have to check each speaker this weekend.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.