2007 Bentley Continental GT Air Suspension Failure - Page 2 - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Go Back  6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource > British > Bentley
Reload this Page >

2007 Bentley Continental GT Air Suspension Failure

Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

2007 Bentley Continental GT Air Suspension Failure

Old 12-13-2018, 03:30 PM
taylorherron is an unknown quantity at this point
holding up great!

Old 12-15-2018, 06:08 PM
TeamJones1962 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by taylorherron View Post
holding up great!
So how did you talk them down a few bucks?

And after reading all the other threads on said subject, what I got was if you want to keep everything that OEM offers, stay away from all they other companies and stay with OEM at $1800 a strut.

Last edited by TeamJones1962; 12-15-2018 at 07:27 PM.
Old 01-08-2019, 08:39 AM
gregwarner is an unknown quantity at this point
Iím replacing my fronts today. Got mine next day from Amazon. Everything Iíve read makes the swap seem straight forward. I do have rhe Ross tech VCDS if I need to set levels. Is it really necessary to get the car aligned after? Doesnít seem like there is anything that will be altered to affect that? Any other tips or traps to watch out for? Oh, and Iím going to send my old shocks in to be rebuilt... keep in stock for next time.

Old 01-08-2019, 09:07 AM
TeamJones1962 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by gregwarner View Post
Iím replacing my fronts today. Got mine next day from Amazon. Everything Iíve read makes the swap seem straight forward. I do have rhe Ross tech VCDS if I need to set levels. Is it really necessary to get the car aligned after? Doesnít seem like there is anything that will be altered to affect that? Any other tips or traps to watch out for? Oh, and Iím going to send my old shocks in to be rebuilt... keep in stock for next time.
Anytime you mess with suspension parts itís good to get an alignment done. Once you get done drive it to see how she does.

Who are are you sending your original struts to? Are they rebuilding the entire thing or just certain parts? And what are they charging? Iím looking to redoing mines in about two weeks while sheís put up for the winter.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by TeamJones1962; 01-08-2019 at 09:43 AM.
Old 01-08-2019, 09:24 AM
gregwarner is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by TeamJones1962 View Post

Anytime you mess with suspension parts itís good to get an alignment done. Once you get done drive it to see how she does.

Who are are you sending your original struts to? Are they rebuilding the entire thing or just certain parts? And what are they charging? Iím looking to redoing mines in about two weeks while sheís put up for the winter.

Tganks in advance.
Im planning on using the company in Florida... I think RMT? Iím not completely sold on the Chinese stuff I got, so Iíll have spares. Kinda like it never rains if you have an umbrella. Iíll post up some info one Iíve completed the project.

Old 01-08-2019, 09:46 AM
W. M. Hellinger is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by gregwarner View Post
Any other tips or traps to watch out for?
It's been since last spring when I replaced my GTC's front shocks, and my memory is what it is (let's say "selective"). I did the job in my driveway with basic tools and a floor jack... it was pretty straight-forward, but as I recall:
1) Removing and replacing wasn't as straight-forward as I was lead to believe/shown on a youtube video. Getting the bottom of the shock out over the connecting suspension arm required additionally disconnecting the front sway bar, to allow the suspension to drop down far enough to remove/replace the shock... and then getting the sway bar reattached required some fussing around.
2) Check for leaks before reassembling "everything". I bought cheap rebuilt shocks... two out of two leaked... which, I'll leave the story at that except: The first leaker I discovered after I had everything reinstalled: specifically the inner fender and wheel. That first shock leaked so profusely that corner would only pump-up about 1/2". The seller wanted a video of the leak, which then involved removing the wheel... setting that corner's suspension down on a block of wood so it would activate, and then video the soap bubble test.

Also: When the car's dropped fully down due to flat air shock(s), I found to drive the car up on 2 x 6 blocks of wood to get the vehicle up enough to get my floor jack under the appropriate jack point (if you don't have access to a two post lift).

Last edited by W. M. Hellinger; 01-08-2019 at 09:59 AM. Reason: typo

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Join 6SpeedOnline
Visit our Sponsors

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.