Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Electric window

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 10:11 AM
Jonty1951 is an unknown quantity at this point
Electric window

Passenger window inoperative,can hear clicking noise ,stripped out motor and replaced with a used one still same,coincidence or? not connected to regulator?

Old 12-04-2017, 11:22 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
You need to check that the cables and pulleys are still intact. They are a known weak spot.

Old 12-04-2017, 12:10 PM
Have removed the window motor from the regulator,it almost like the motor is seized,does not try to turn,must just be unlucky with the used one I bought?

Old 12-04-2017, 09:00 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jonty1951
Have removed the window motor from the regulator,it almost like the motor is seized,does not try to turn,must just be unlucky with the used one I bought?
Are you trying to turn the gear on the motor by hand, if so, that is not going to happen due to gearing, very hard to turn with your fingers, you should as ExSF stated, check the regulators, I know when I started my rebuild and pulled the door panels to find no window motors installed (long story, see my build thread) I used a 12 point triple square drive bit on a ratchet to raise and lower the windows by hand, you could try that to see if your window regulators move freely with the motor removed.

Old 12-05-2017, 12:16 AM
Electric window

Thanks for that will try that as well,would have thought the motor when connected and powered up when removed from the regulator should run though ? are there other control units on this system and have you a wiring diagram,much appreciate your help

Last edited by Jonty1951; 12-05-2017 at 12:30 AM.
Old 12-05-2017, 05:31 AM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Thanks for that will try that as well,would have thought the motor when connected and powered up when removed from the regulator should run though ? are there other control units on this system and have you a wiring diagram,much appreciate your help
Okay,
So you are not trying to spin the motors drive gear by hand, you have actually plugged said motor in while removed from its mounting surface, and yet it fails to spin, is it making the noises you described while removed and plugged in, although I didn't try it when I had mine apart I follow what you are saying, even though the motor is removed from his mounting surface when it is plugged in it should at least spin, it may not stop because it doesn't know it's resistance of up and down but you are correct, you should have some spinning of the motor while plugged in, one would think, if you have power and it's making noises and what have you, then I believe you have nothing wrong as far as wiring so no need for a wiring diagram, if you do want one, when I get home later on this evening I can post a screenshot of it.
It may be as you said you got a bad motor but be sure to check your regulator is freely moving.

Old 12-05-2017, 06:17 AM
Thanks Johnny,it just clicks as though the motor is drawing power but does not turn,must as I think be coincidence that the used one I bought does the same,but a wiring diagram would be useful,once again many thanks for you help

Old 12-07-2017, 12:26 PM
Electric window

Hi Johnny is there a way of bench testing the motors,as there are a lot of electrical connections or can you psot the wiring diagram please

Old 12-07-2017, 09:22 PM
Administrator
Click on screenshots.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bent window lift.PNG
Views:	79
Size:	310.1 KB
ID:	517538   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bent window lift pg.PNG
Views:	68
Size:	375.7 KB
ID:	517539  
Old 12-08-2017, 12:51 AM
Thanks Jon most helpful

Old 12-08-2017, 12:57 AM
HI Jon the door control module in the diagram is this part of the motor assembly or a completely separate item,if so where is it located thanks

Old 12-08-2017, 10:14 AM
Administrator
HI Jon the door control module in the diagram is this part of the motor assembly or a completely separate item,if so where is it located thanks
It is one unit, motor/control module.

Name:	Bent window mod.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	517551  
Old 12-08-2017, 10:15 AM
Administrator
And it's, Johnny.....

Old 12-11-2017, 09:46 AM
Electric window

Hi Jon The saga continues it now appears it is losing power when the switch is actuated, when I power it up direct it all works,leaving me now to believe the problem lies between the thermal fuses and the control box, my question is do you know where the thermal fuseboxes are situated and have you the relevant wiring diagram or do you know where I can obtain one many thanks Jonty

Old 12-11-2017, 11:05 AM
Administrator
Hi Jon The saga continues it now appears it is losing power when the switch is actuated, when I power it up direct it all works,leaving me now to believe the problem lies between the thermal fuses and the control box, my question is do you know where the thermal fuseboxes are situated and have you the relevant wiring diagram or do you know where I can obtain one many thanks Jonty
Well.....
You are not going to like this if you have to get to the "thermal fuses", as they are located under the carpet on the driver's side (not sure as to your location, and which side of the road you travel on) in a black box located next to the KESSY module.
Have you had any water infiltration into the vehicle, as a few electronics reside under the carpet on the floorboards.

Name:	Window breakers.PNG
Views:	29
Size:	643.6 KB
ID:	517715  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.