6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   Bentley (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/bentley-42/)
-   -   Electric window (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/bentley/415293-electric-window.html)

Jonty1951 12-04-2017 10:11 AM

Electric window

Passenger window inoperative,can hear clicking noise ,stripped out motor and replaced with a used one still same,coincidence or? not connected to regulator?

ExSF 12-04-2017 11:22 AM

You need to check that the cables and pulleys are still intact. They are a known weak spot.

Jonty1951 12-04-2017 12:10 PM

Have removed the window motor from the regulator,it almost like the motor is seized,does not try to turn,must just be unlucky with the used one I bought?

Johnny Hotspur GT 12-04-2017 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Jonty1951 (Post 4683165)
Have removed the window motor from the regulator,it almost like the motor is seized,does not try to turn,must just be unlucky with the used one I bought?

Are you trying to turn the gear on the motor by hand, if so, that is not going to happen due to gearing, very hard to turn with your fingers, you should as ExSF stated, check the regulators, I know when I started my rebuild and pulled the door panels to find no window motors installed (long story, see my build thread) I used a 12 point triple square drive bit on a ratchet to raise and lower the windows by hand, you could try that to see if your window regulators move freely with the motor removed.

Jonty1951 12-05-2017 12:16 AM

Electric window

Thanks for that will try that as well,would have thought the motor when connected and powered up when removed from the regulator should run though ? are there other control units on this system and have you a wiring diagram,much appreciate your help

Johnny Hotspur GT 12-05-2017 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by Jonty1951 (Post 4683345)
Thanks for that will try that as well,would have thought the motor when connected and powered up when removed from the regulator should run though ? are there other control units on this system and have you a wiring diagram,much appreciate your help

Okay,
So you are not trying to spin the motors drive gear by hand, you have actually plugged said motor in while removed from its mounting surface, and yet it fails to spin, is it making the noises you described while removed and plugged in, although I didn't try it when I had mine apart I follow what you are saying, even though the motor is removed from his mounting surface when it is plugged in it should at least spin, it may not stop because it doesn't know it's resistance of up and down but you are correct, you should have some spinning of the motor while plugged in, one would think, if you have power and it's making noises and what have you, then I believe you have nothing wrong as far as wiring so no need for a wiring diagram, if you do want one, when I get home later on this evening I can post a screenshot of it.
It may be as you said you got a bad motor but be sure to check your regulator is freely moving.

Jonty1951 12-05-2017 06:17 AM

Thanks Johnny,it just clicks as though the motor is drawing power but does not turn,must as I think be coincidence that the used one I bought does the same,but a wiring diagram would be useful,once again many thanks for you help

Jonty1951 12-07-2017 12:26 PM

Electric window

Hi Johnny is there a way of bench testing the motors,as there are a lot of electrical connections or can you psot the wiring diagram please

Johnny Hotspur GT 12-07-2017 09:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Click on screenshots.

Jonty1951 12-08-2017 12:51 AM

Thanks Jon most helpful

Jonty1951 12-08-2017 12:57 AM

HI Jon the door control module in the diagram is this part of the motor assembly or a completely separate item,if so where is it located thanks

Johnny Hotspur GT 12-08-2017 10:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Jonty1951 (Post 4684052)
HI Jon the door control module in the diagram is this part of the motor assembly or a completely separate item,if so where is it located thanks

It is one unit, motor/control module.

Johnny Hotspur GT 12-08-2017 10:15 AM

And it's, Johnny..... :)

Jonty1951 12-11-2017 09:46 AM

Electric window

Hi Jon The saga continues it now appears it is losing power when the switch is actuated, when I power it up direct it all works,leaving me now to believe the problem lies between the thermal fuses and the control box, my question is do you know where the thermal fuseboxes are situated and have you the relevant wiring diagram or do you know where I can obtain one many thanks Jonty

Johnny Hotspur GT 12-11-2017 11:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Jonty1951 (Post 4684674)
Hi Jon The saga continues it now appears it is losing power when the switch is actuated, when I power it up direct it all works,leaving me now to believe the problem lies between the thermal fuses and the control box, my question is do you know where the thermal fuseboxes are situated and have you the relevant wiring diagram or do you know where I can obtain one many thanks Jonty

Well.....
You are not going to like this if you have to get to the "thermal fuses", as they are located under the carpet on the driver's side (not sure as to your location, and which side of the road you travel on) in a black box located next to the KESSY module.
Have you had any water infiltration into the vehicle, as a few electronics reside under the carpet on the floorboards.