Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Latest Replacement Tire suggestions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2018, 02:04 PM
vintageracer65 is on a distinguished road
Latest Replacement Tire suggestions

Bentley GTC 2008 (19") — I have read older threads on tires. Some of you like one for traction others for comfort and quiet, while others find longer life with another tire. Tires come and go and improve . . . what is the current feelings among the membership? I, personally, just prefer comfort and quiet, then longer life . . . traction is no longer a 'need'. . . my 'racing days' are behind me. Thanks.

Old 03-04-2018, 07:23 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Mich A/S are fine, or PS4S if you want seriously good grip. Pirelli seem to flat spot due to parked weight, plus their grip is very 'slippery' before full let go. Mich have more grip and, imho, have a more predictable /progressive loss of traction when reaching mechanical grip limits. Smooth feel, comfortable ride.

JMHO

Old 03-05-2018, 02:01 PM
BruceR is on a distinguished road
I put a set of Michelin PILOT SPORT A/S 3+ on about a year ago and I love them. I too prefer comfort & quiet and use Mich on all my cars. IMHO there is no better tire than Michelin for a smooth and quiet ride. You can feel the difference as soon as you start rolling out of the service bay. I bought mine at Costco and was out the door for $914. Just a week ago I put a set on my wife's SL550 and she felt the difference too. As for longevity, I have a set on my Jag XK8 that still look like new at 30K mi.

Last edited by BruceR; 03-05-2018 at 02:57 PM.
Old 03-12-2018, 07:12 PM
hdc4 is on a distinguished road
When the P-Zero's that came with the car were worn out, I opted for Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06's. The tire is rare, but IMO is a huge improvement in grip over the P-Zeros in every condition except very very hot days when your on the gas a lot. With the DWS ride and noise is also tremendously improved and the sidewall height is a little larger, which gives the tire a slightly beefier look.

275/40ZR-20 CONTINENTAL EXTREMECONTACT DWS 06 XL

only photo i could find that shows the sidewall... was a bad day when that last air strut blew..

Last edited by hdc4; 03-12-2018 at 07:29 PM. Reason: photo
Old 03-23-2018, 07:29 AM
zawoor is on a distinguished road
I used 19 inch tires from Pirelli recommended by factory. There are two versions B1 and BC. I would avoid B1 version at all cost. They wear out very quickly and are loud. BC is quite ok but don't expect more then 15k miles out of it. I really liked "Nexen NFera SU1" which i have in the back. Shop that installed it said they are budget tyres however they have better (lab tested) params then any other on market and last very long.